[Q] Note 3 Manual Re-Root - no SU binary installed

Search This thread

DrShenanigan

May 27, 2014
I rooted my device with Kingo Android root. I am currently running android OS 4.3.

Everything was going just fine until just today when opened SuperSU and it told me that there is no SU binary installed. SuperSU cannot install it.

Pretty much I need to manually re-root my device.

I am not aware of any recovery files that I may have. To clarify, I have never backed up my device in any way. I have only had it for a month, and there is hardly anything on it. I figured, why bother? Well now I know.

I have done quite a few google searches about this, and I can not find any help.

What is my best course of action?

Thank you very much.

hhai2pth

Feb 20, 2014
HCMC
Try reflash and re-root with cf-auto root through Odin. A a small question: u still have root right to install some app such root explorer and titanium backup?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DrShenanigan

May 27, 2014
Try reflash and re-root with cf-auto root through Odin. A a small question: u still have root right to install some app such root explorer and titanium backup?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unfortunatly, I no longer have root. None of my root apps can get root permissions because the SU binary is missing.

I tried flashing my firmware, but now my phone is stuck in an unusable state. The official firmware leaves me unable to boot with a "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

When I flash a different ROM on top of that one, all my spen stuff is messed up.

This is way different from jailbreaking. There are so many rom files I have a hard time finding the one I need.

SM-900A in case anyone wants my number.

drtbkerm

Mar 9, 2014
Unfortunatly, I no longer have root. None of my root apps can get root permissions because the SU binary is missing.

I tried flashing my firmware, but now my phone is stuck in an unusable state. The official firmware leaves me unable to boot with a "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."

When I flash a different ROM on top of that one, all my spen stuff is messed up.

This is way different from jailbreaking. There are so many rom files I have a hard time finding the one I need.

SM-900A in case anyone wants my number.

You need to go on sammobile and download your stock firmware (you probably want to stay on 4.3 unless your particular phone and carrier have root capabilities on 4.4.2 which verizon and att do not yet have) then flash it through odin... just search your model # through sammobile and it will show all the available stock firmwares. That will at least get you running again then u will have to root it again from there

Posted from my beast of a VZW Note 3!!

DrShenanigan

May 27, 2014
I downloaded the firmware from that site and have tried to flash it.

I get an Error Meassage:
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [sb1]Fused 2 > Binary 1

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I rooted my device with Kingo Android root. I am currently running android OS 4.3.

Everything was going just fine until just today when opened SuperSU and it told me that there is no SU binary installed. SuperSU cannot install it.

Pretty much I need to manually re-root my device.

I am not aware of any recovery files that I may have. To clarify, I have never backed up my device in any way. I have only had it for a month, and there is hardly anything on it. I figured, why bother? Well now I know.

I have done quite a few google searches about this, and I can not find any help.

What is my best course of action?

Thank you very much.

1st : I dunno ur device which version of note 3.
2nd : kingo sometimes for some device not working well. Try avoid to use this method. Try cf-autoroot instead. Easy nd simple, but knox will trip.
3rd : have u tried update to latest supersu?
3rd :

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.

DrShenanigan

May 27, 2014
1st : I dunno ur device which version of note 3.
2nd : kingo sometimes for some device not working well. Try avoid to use this method. Try cf-autoroot instead. Easy nd simple, but knox will trip.
3rd : have u tried update to latest supersu?
3rd :

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.

Updating SuperSU is what cause this mess, I believe. It's too late for that now anyhow, because my phone does not boot.

I have the SM-900A. There is no cf-autoroot for it. Not that I canfind at least.