[App] Zevele's AutoLoudspeaker V1.6 [15/01/2011]

Search This thread

Bioforge

Jun 21, 2008
Hi Bioforge, thanks for the update,
Do you have any other applications that access the proximity sensor?
When the phone is unlocked, if you block the proximity sensor, does the screen goes blank?

Thanks,

Z.

I just realized that it was not S2U2 that uses the proximity sensor alone, I have another program running called "proximity locker", so maybe this interferred with S2U2 and autoloudspeaker; so S2U2 itself has no problems with autoludspeaker as confirmed by zevele, it was proximity locker.
Again, great APP :D

zevele

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
I just realized that it was not S2U2 that uses the proximity sensor alone, I have another program running called "proximity locker", so maybe this interferred with S2U2 and autoloudspeaker; so S2U2 itself has no problems with autoludspeaker as confirmed by zevele, it was proximity locker.
Again, great APP :D

Good news, thanks for the update.

Z.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
I used v1.3 with my Topaz (my own cooked rom - see signature) without problem but when I upgraded to v1.4, upon first launch, I had an error. I did the same test on my Rhodium rom (my own cooked rom) and both v1.3 and v1.4 works fine. Strange!

PS: I don't use S2U2. The packages I use for my Topaz and Rhodium are the same.

Here's the error message:

AutoLoudspeaker.exe
NullReferenceException

at
AutoLoudspeaker.ProximitySensor.GetProximitySensorState()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.ProximitySensor..ctor()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.CAutoLoudspeaker..ctor()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.Program.Main(String[]args)

Last edited:

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
I used v1.3 with my Topaz (my own cooked rom - see signature) without problem but when I upgraded to v1.4, upon first launch, I had an error. I did the same test on my Rhodium rom (my own cooked rom) and both v1.3 and v1.4 works fine. Strange!

Thanks for posting the error message, that helped me find the problem very much... The problem is the RegistryWatchers I've implemented in v1.4. In the next release I'll revert to the polling method, that should also solve your problem...

Z.

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
Version 1.5

Just released v1.5, let me know how you find it...

Z.

kopperl

Nov 23, 2009
Tried to download Autoloudspeaker 1.5.cab. Wat I got is an attachment.php file!

Did I do anything wrong? What should I do ??

Would be very happy if someone could help me.

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
Tried to download Autoloudspeaker 1.5.cab. Wat I got is an attachment.php file!

Did I do anything wrong? What should I do ??

Would be very happy if someone could help me.

Just checked the links, had no problems downloading the cab... make sure you are logged in before trying to downloading...

Z.

zard

Jul 19, 2005

PS: I don't use S2U2. The packages I use for my Topaz and Rhodium are the same.

Here's the error message:

AutoLoudspeaker.exe
NullReferenceException

at
AutoLoudspeaker.ProximitySensor.GetProximitySensorState()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.ProximitySensor..ctor()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.CAutoLoudspeaker..ctor()
at
AutoLoudspeaker.Program.Main(String[]args)

Thanks for posting the error message, that helped me find the problem very much... The problem is the RegistryWatchers I've implemented in v1.4. In the next release I'll revert to the polling method, that should also solve your problem...

Z.

Just released v1.5, let me know how you find it...

Z.

Great! v1.5 solved the problem on my Topaz. Have cooked it into my Topaz rom and released today. Going to cook into my Rhodium rom as well. Thanks.

kopperl

Nov 23, 2009
Just checked the links, had no problems downloading the cab... make sure you are logged in before trying to downloading...

Z.
Thank you "Z" very much for your reply, I checked my setting on the Internet Explorer, changed the security items and now it worked on my HD2 also.

Excellent job!

zevele

Mar 8, 2010
My Samsung I8000 has proximity,does it work on I8000?Thanks!

I don't know, but I would like to...
The application has two modes of operation. According to the proximity sensor (which probably won't work - see below) and according to the g-sensor. Checking the Windows Mobile Unified Sensor API website it appears that the API supports Samsung Omnia. So I guess the application should work on you device using the g-sensor mode.

I can suggest either of the following:

1. Simply try to install and see if it works. If it doesn't just uninstall it. If the application does not recognize the proximity sensor, it will automatically choose the g-sensor method.

or

2. You can manually check if the registry keys required for the proximity sensor method exists:
HKLM\System\State\Phone\PSensorStatus
HKLM\Software\HTC\Proximity\ProximityDetectStatus

Coming to think about it. In light of the second registry key I guess it's not going to work...
But if you (or anyone else to that matter) can tell me how to access the Samsung's proximity sensor, I could include that in the software.

Please share your findings with us (if you choose to try the application)
Thanks,

Z.

kdv2108

Oct 19, 2010
HAI DUONG
I don't know, but I would like to...
The application has two modes of operation. According to the proximity sensor (which probably won't work - see below) and according to the g-sensor. Checking the Windows Mobile Unified Sensor API website[/URL] it appears that the API supports Samsung Omnia. So I guess the application should work on you device using the g-sensor mode.

I can suggest either of the following:

1. Simply try to install and see if it works. If it doesn't just uninstall it. If the application does not recognize the proximity sensor, it will automatically choose the g-sensor method.

or

2. You can manually check if the registry keys required for the proximity sensor method exists:
HKLM\System\State\Phone\PSensorStatus
HKLM\Software\HTC\Proximity\ProximityDetectStatus

Coming to think about it. In light of the second registry key I guess it's not going to work...
But if you (or anyone else to that matter) can tell me how to access the Samsung's proximity sensor, I could include that in the software.

Please share your findings with us (if you choose to try the application)
Thanks,

Z.

I wrote a PM to you.As your guide I checked HKLM and Theres nothing similar but in HKLM/Software/App I found Zevele Autoloudspeaker.
I dont know how to access the Samsung's proximity sensor,anyone can help this?When I dial *#0*#-click Proximity It can detect my finger with a distance 2cm.And this app doesnt work with G-sensor too.
Thanks for reply!

jwillans

Nov 21, 2009
This looks a great app - thanks for all your hard work. Will it do the following:

• Automatically start after the HD2 has booted?
  • Automatically enable loudspeaker mode when the HD2 is in landscape mode?

If this were the case, then by docking the phone in my car in landscape mode, answered calls would be in speaker mode.

Thanks,

James

at004

Nov 18, 2006
Hi,after using it successfully for few days,it asked for registration,how can i manage that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zevele's AutoLoudspeaker v1.6
    attachment.php

Hi, I've stumbbled upon sfawzy request of an application that will automatically turn on the loudspeaker when the phone is away from the ear, and turns it off when it is near the ear. I really liked the idea and this is the result.
    AutoLoudspeaker is fairly simple to use. When running the application a service starts. If the shortcut is pressed again, a notification message pops and the user can choose to close the service. As long as the service runs the loudspeaker will automatically switch on if the proximity sensor is unblocked and off if it is blocked (only during an active phone call).
    I wrote the application and tested it on my HTC HD2, so I can't say how it will operate on other devices...

Main features:
    Switch the loudspeaker according to the proximity-sensor or g-sensor.
    Answer an incoming call by gesture (wave your hand in front of the proximity-sensor).

Known issues
    • Non at the moment (I'm sure some will pop soon... ;))

Future improvements
    • Fade in volume when turning on the speaker (Couldn't find a way to change the in-call volume - any suggestions are most welcome).
    • Recognize gestures to manually turn on/off the speaker. Currently the sampling frequency of proximity sensor is too slow. If I'll find a way to sample the sensor faster it might be feasible.
    • Change the shortcut's icon while AutoLoudspeaker is running (I didn't find a way to do this, if anyone has a clue please tip me...).
    • Shake phone to answer (let me know how do you feel about such a feature).

System Requirements
    • .Net Compact Framework 3.5
    • Tested successfully on: HTC HD2 (Leo), HTC TP2 (Rhodium), HTC miniHD (Photon), HTC TD2 (Topaz), HTC Whitestone (Imagio).
    • Proximity sensor and/or g-sensor.
    ChangeLog
    • 15/01/11 (v1.6) (starting at post #177)
      • Add ability to automatically answer a call when the proximity sensor is blocked (altec1000's request). This feature can be set by selecting the "Block" gesture in the settings window. The gesture first waits for the sensor to be unblocked for a certain amount of time, after which it checks that the sensor is blocked for a second period of time - only if both periods were fulfilled AutoLoudspeaker will answer the call.
        Two registry keys were added:
        • BlockGestureOpenDelay - Sets the minimum period (in msec) the sensor has to be unblocked before checking the block status.
        • BlockGestureBlockDelay - Sets the minimum period (in msec) the sensor has to be blocked before answering the call.
      • Add command-line controls (to Start/Stop the service). Two commands are available:
        • quit - Stops the serivce.
        • update - Force AutoLoudspeaker to reread the settings from the registry.
      • Changed the notification behavior. Now pressing the notification immidiatly brings the Settings application.
      • I've included the proximity-sensor registry keys of Omnia2 reported by O2amksin. I don't own an Omnia2 device so I don't know if it did the trick...
      • Some minor code and gui changes.
    • 12/10/10 (v1.5) (starting at post #106)
      • Reverted to the polling method of v1.3 for the Proximity-Sensor (it just works better). This should also solve the exception on devices with no proximity sensor.
      • Fixed issue where AutoLoudspeaker failed to create a shortcut in a non-english localizations.
      • Fixed issue where the notification icon remained visible when the service was closed from the settings application.
      • Fixed an issue where the delay occurred also before turning the speaker off (instead of just before turning it on).
      • Added a short vibration before changing the loudspeaker state.
        The vibration length can be set via the registry value: HKCU\Software\AutoLoudspeaker\VibrationLength (default: 20ms).
        The vibration LED index can be set via the value: HKCU\Software\AutoLoudspeaker\VibrationLED (default: 1 - this is the one for the HD2).
      • If proximity sensor is not detected (it's registry keys are missing) the possibility to select the proximity method is disabled in the settings application.
      • Some performance improvement for the "managed service" code.
    • 02/10/10 (v1.4) (starting at post #106)
      • Fixed issue where AutoLoudspeaker remained active when missed call occurred.
      • Fixed issue where speaker was turned on when facing down - event if "Speaker on when facing down" was unchecked.
      • Fixed default angles for the g-sensor method.
      • Allow to override notification icon. To use a custom icon, put a new icon named "NotificationIcon.ico" under the installation folder.
      • Added a toggle to remove the notification altogether.
      • Changed method of reading the proximity-sensor values. Now using "RegistryState" instead of polling the registry key.
      • Split the settings dialog to a different executable.
      • Added the ability to start/stop the Service form the settings application (under the about tab).
      • Added some text to the g-sensor calibration screen.
    • 29/09/10 (v1.3) (starting at post #46)
      • Changed the icon.
      • Answer on gesture - slowly passing your hand over the proximity sensor, will answer the incoming call.
      • Replaced the message-boxes with notifications. In addition, notification on startup is iconic an quiet - so no more annoying message-boxes on startup.
      • Added a short delay before turning the speaker on, so if the phone is momentarily way from the ear it wont turn the speaker on.
      • Added the possibility to use the g-sensor instead of the proximity sensor. Now you can define two pairs of angles between which the speaker is off.
      • Added a configuration & about dialog. To open the dialog press the notification or run the application again and touch "settings".
        The dialog include:
        • Toggle load Autoloudspeaker on startup.
        • Answer on gesture.
        • Turn on speaker when facing down.
        • Set the delay before turning the speaker on.
        • Select the sensing method (proximity- or g-sensor).
        • Configuring the angles for the g-sensor method.
        • About tab.
    • 24/09/10 (v1.2) (starting at post #19)
      • Converted to "managed service".
      • Now application does not close when ActiveSync is connected.
      • Removed the applications main form.
      • If AutoLoudspeaker does not run, pressing the shortcut starts the service (and gives an appropriate message). If AutoLoudspeaker already runs a message box pops and the user can select to close the service or to keep it running.
    • 22/09/10 (v1.1)
      • Now works both with outgoing and incoming calls.
      • When proximity sensor is blocked and the phone face down, the speaker will turn on.
      • Some more minor changes (cleaning the code, some typos etc.)
    • 20/09/10 (v1.0) - Initial release

Downloads

Acknowledgments

Any suggestions, remarks are welcome

If you like my work - Buy me a cup of coffee...

Z.
    Version 1.6

Hi,

Here is another release (v1.6). I've been using this version for a couple of days and it seems pretty stable...
    I've included altec1000 idea for automatic answer when the proximity sensor is blocked. And I've included the registry keys reported by O2amksin for the Omnia2 (Please let me know if it works).

Check the changelog on the first post for further information.

Thanks,

Z.
    I have a request though. Would it be possible to build a version that runs invisibly and doesn't display a notification or notification icon? Even just a special command line switch to enable this mode would be great.

You can just uncheck "Use notification" under AutoLoudspeaker settings. This will hide the notification and the notification icon.

Z.
    Gave me an error when I rebooted the device. Do I have to resize the jpg file? It's about 215 x 210 pixels.

There are limitations, I don't remember what they are, but I'm pretty sure it has to be an icon (jpg is not good). I don't think the size is the problem. If you'll send me the image I could convert it for you...

Z.
    ...In the pop-up of your app , the Prox Sensor button is showing disabled . Could you explain why ?

This has already been discussed (check around pages 13-14). The issue is that HD2 updates the registry with the proximity sensor state, whereas Omnia doesn't (or atleast use different registry keys which I'm not aware of). Therefore AutoLoudspeaker thinks there is no proximity sensor on the device...

...I tried calibrating the G-Sensor , but its too sensitive...
    You can always set the values manually - you don't have to use the calibration...

Z.