[Q] App Storage

Search This thread

ahoeschele

Mar 21, 2014
Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody could answer, why the App Storage for the Desire X is limited to 2.9 GB. Apparently some apps can no lobger be Moved and I currently seem to have only 18 MB free. An installation of an update of Facebook (19 MB) or Chrome (36 MB) often fail unless I have cleared all the cahces.

Can somebody tell me how to increase this space? I have used cache Cleaner to Move all apps to sd card that were possible to move.

Maybe sb. has some ideas.

Thanks
Andy

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
You can install a micro SD card and move a few apps to SD if possible. If that's not enough, root your phone, partition your sd card so it has an ext4 partition and install Link2SD from Google Play. Then, you can move any apps to your sd card.

AkumDX

Aug 18, 2012
You can install a micro SD card and move a few apps to SD if possible. If that's not enough, root your phone, partition your sd card so it has an ext4 partition and install Link2SD from Google Play. Then, you can move any apps to your sd card.

How can i install a micro SD card???:eek::good::p
i can insert one though;)

ahoeschele

Mar 21, 2014
I think I moved all the Apps I can and I don't think rooting will do the trick.

Under AppStorage in Settings I used up 2.73 GB / 2.90 GB

Apps 0.91 GB
Other 1.81 GB

I am stumbling over the Other category.

I recently found out that my camera actually saved to phone memory and not to my sd card. I changed it now and actually moved the files.

But why is other so high here? If Apps only take up 0.91 GB that would be fine.

ahoeschele

Mar 21, 2014
Did your clear the apps caches? Maybe it helps.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi dansou,

I did. I do that with CleanMaster. It is usually the only way to install an update to Facebook or Chrome.

Does anybody els know, how to get rid of this ridiculously high numbe under "Other"?

ahoeschele

Mar 21, 2014
Anybody else have some tips on how to ghet rid of all this dats in Other?

What is in that anyway? It's not apps, is it?

ahoeschele

Mar 21, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-02-17-28-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-02-17-28-02.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 63