[RECOVERY] CWMR 5.0.2.7 for the SGHI927(R) - Alpha

Search This thread

utkanos

Mar 23, 2011
chicago
Is that something others would be interested in? typically it's mounted via /sd-ext if you want access to the external card and the internal is on /sdcard.

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
typically it's mounted via /sd-ext if you want access to the external card and the internal is on /sdcard.
I thought /sd-ext typically contains second partition (usually non-FAT) on the external sdcard. Give me please an example of a ROM where internal sdcard is mounted via /sd-ext?

utkanos

Mar 23, 2011
chicago
I thought /sd-ext typically contains second partition (usually non-FAT) on the external sdcard. Give me please an example of a ROM where internal sdcard is mounted via /sd-ext?

Internal is never really mounted as sd-ext. Are you asking to make /sdcard point to your external card instead of having it use the internal? I can make a version like that for you but it would be a one-off build, I don't think that's a great idea for the general masses.

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
add /sdcard/external_sd /sd-ext to fstab

Thanks, but not needed. I swapped my internal/external storage and this recovery now perfectly fits for me - my .android_secure is backed up by backup tool now - that's only why I asked.

How about adding
Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/external_sd vfat rw
/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext ext4 rw
to the fstab ?

Reactions: stndrD

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
sd-ext backup

Would be nice to have sd-ext (mmcblk1p2) backup too.
I can see this is implemented, but partition is not being mounted for backup.

dbrannon79

Oct 4, 2010
Seguin, Texas
My phone has a USB problem, is there any known way to flash this recovery without the use of a computer? I found an app called recovery manager in the market that is compatible with the galaxy s and the captivate i827. Hoping it would work for the glide!

Last edited:

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
Hm, I don't think so :(
If you had cwm maybe you could download the zip but for installing cwm you're gonna need it on the computer. What kind of USB problem? Mine actted weird for a while too
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA Premium App

dbrannon79

Oct 4, 2010
Seguin, Texas
Aquethys said:
Hm, I don't think so :(
If you had cwm maybe you could download the zip but for installing cwm you're gonna need it on the computer. What kind of USB problem? Mine actted weird for a while too
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA Premium App

I think a power spike during a rain storm did something. I called AT&T, they warrantied the phone. I just got the replacement today!

huhu1312

Aug 14, 2010
Düsseldorf
i also have usb issue
i think the driver on the device are deleted
the pc recognize the i927 as unknow device
i already tried all drivers u can found in the internet its not a problem from pc
tryed diffrent cables, diffrent pcs...

but its only possible to get it with odin, or?

Last edited:

anne9660

Jan 13, 2009
Thanks, but not needed. I swapped my internal/external storage and this recovery now perfectly fits for me - my .android_secure is backed up by backup tool now - that's only why I asked.

How about adding
Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/external_sd vfat rw
/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext ext4 rw
to the fstab ?

I'm curious about this... how did you swap your internal and external storage?

The backup I tried in CWMR was saved to the Internal SD Card (Also called USB Storage in some places I think, like in the stock Task manager), and the External (Removable) SD Card was ignored.

I would have liked to be able to save and restore backups to and from the External SD Card. If the internal memory were near full there would have to be a good bit of space available on that "Internal SD Card" to perform the backup. Any suggestions?

I guess CWMR can't actually backup the SD Card contents (internal or external) into the backup image, correct? Obviously there are other ways to do that but I am new to the Android and just trying to understand all the options here.

Thanks!

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
I'm curious about this... how did you swap your internal and external storage?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22741298&postcount=244
but this won't work for recovery since recovery is using bare fstab, AFAIK

I would have liked to be able to save and restore backups to and from the External SD Card. If the internal memory were near full there would have to be a good bit of space available on that "Internal SD Card" to perform the backup.
Same for me, I would also like to have such feature.

I guess CWMR can't actually backup the SD Card contents (internal or external) into the backup image, correct? Obviously there are other ways to do that but I am new to the Android and just trying to understand all the options here.
Do you mean standard sdcard (internal/external) formatted in FAT and mounted to /sdcard or additional ext3 partition mounted to /sd-ext ?
As for me, I would like to have my /sd-ext backupped. Seems the script is capable, but unfortunately sd-ext is not mounted.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Can anybody point me to the info, how the recovery image is created and what is it consists of?
I guess it is a linux kernel image with additional RAM-disk or CPIO-archive with root filesystem attached, no? If so, how would I deattach the RAM-disk and attach another one?

gustav

May 22, 2006
Returning to stock recovery

Okay so I gave the Glide a shot and now I have to return it for some issues. Is there any way to put stock recovery back onto this before I return it? I know with some other devices it is possible.

Thanks for the help.

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Okay so I gave the Glide a shot and now I have to return it for some issues. Is there any way to put stock recovery back onto this before I return it? I know with some other devices it is possible.

Thanks for the help.

just reflash the pre-rooted stock rom. then on root explorer, delete busybox and superuser app and then restore factory defaults.

EDIT: my bad, the directory should be /system/app for su app, and /system/xbin for busybox links.

Last edited:
Reactions: gustav

sigiloso

Jan 10, 2008
just reflash the pre-rooted stock rom. then on root explorer, delete busybox and superuser app and then restore factory defaults.

How can I gain root with this cwm without flashing a cooked room.?

Is it possible?

I'm with captivate from att. Is this safe to flash? Or this cwmr is just for rogers?
Sorry for the question, I'm just trying to avoid another bricked experience.. last one took me more than a week to fix.

Thks,

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada

Is it possible?

I'm with captivate from att. Is this safe to flash? Or this cwmr is just for rogers?
Sorry for the question, I'm just trying to avoid another bricked experience.. last one took me more than a week to fix.

Thks,

you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have ported CWMR to the I927(r) device.

Here are the instructions, prepared for me by CarpeNoctem who was instrumental in the testing of this port. Thanks to him for providing me with all the files. This is a RECOVERY that does not rely on it being in a kernel, so you can use this with any kernel you like.
    ---
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

1. Launch odin (v1.82 tested)
    2. Boot your phone in "Download mode"
    3. Select PDA in odin and choose the file "CWMR_recovery.tar.md5"
    4. ONLY "auto reboot" must be check !!

---

This is considered an ALPHA build as it has only been tested on a few handsets so far. Flashing this means that you acknowledge this fact. Please help test it by using it and reporting any problems that you might have.

The file for ODIN is here: CWMR_recovery.tar.md5 OUTDATED

The source code (device tree) is on my github: android_device_samsung_SGHI927R

Feel free to modify this all you like, enjoy.

Credits:
    koush for clockworkmod recovery.
    carpenoctem/gabby131 for testing this out.

-----

UPDATE:

I have migrated this device to the 5.0.2.7 source tree for clockwork.

v2: CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
    UPDATE:

I have migrated this device to the 5.0.2.7 source tree for clockwork.

v2: CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5

This is considered an alpha release, please test this on the new codebase and report any problems (if any).
    do we gonna see a new update for the CWMR?
    or at least getting out form the alpha stage?
    AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.

I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.
    Hi guys,

I tried installing clockworkmod recovery using odin and CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar on my rooted i927r. I get a green pass in odin. After auto reboot, when I open rom manager, it says that i must have clockworkmod recovery installed to flash and restore roms or to backup current rom.

Can someone give help me with this issue please? Is it because I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery Version 6.0.0.1 Touch before flashing CWMR 5.0.2.7?

Sorry I do not believe Glide supports ROM manager. You can boot into CWM with the key combination. I think its volume down and power (always get it confused with recovery volume up and power) if I'm wrong, well if I mixed those 2 up some one please correct.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app

Is it possible?

Thks,

you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.