[ROM] Foxstar Blaze NEW BUILD![WIP] 4/28/12

Search This thread

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
33vdu36.png

This will very much require community support as I do not own the device. Testing will be done with you guys.

As, I do not own the device, I would also like a group of testers. Email me @ starskyrob@gmail.com
Also, if anyone knows of a supercheap blaze for sale [cracked digitizer, broken buttons, questionable IMEI are FINE! just need a test device] let me know!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

Features:

- init.d scripts for battery & performance
- iq removed
- Boot Animation Support [/data/local]
- Deodexed
- k0nane's Rooted Kernel
- SU binary and Superuser Permissions app
- Busybox
- Nano
- Sysro Sysrw
- 14 Toggle Mod

Download link:
http://d-h.st/STR

Installation Instructions:
A)
Download To SD Card
Boot into CWM Recovery
Install zip from SD Card!
Choose this Zip.
Wait a minute or so.
Reboot.

or
B)
Use Rom Manager.

For Updates on Progress :

Changelog:
4/28 - k0nane's kernel added. google services bug fixed.
4/27 - Inital Beta Build. Posted for testing

Note:
I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!

Last edited:

stonepop

Feb 23, 2012
Houston
Thanks for working on this and for listening! Since you rooted this thing, I've felt neglected...first by tmo and then by those folks enjoying their new modem.

Looking forward to testing. Closer to ics, the better.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda premium

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Two questions that'll help this move forward:

Have you wiped data / factory reset before installing?

Can you pull a logcat?

alsh0083

Apr 21, 2012
Atlanta
Doing a backup of my stock rom now, then i'll fire it up and see if I can pull a logcat for you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok unfortunately the phone boot loops too fast. Literally the Samsung logo pops up for about 1 second then it restarts. adb never picks the device up so I can't pull a logcat. This was after a factory data/cache reset. Once I restored the stock rom logcat worked fine so my adb setup on this machine appears to be correct. I got time to mess with anything this weekend so if you got anything else to try let me know, i'll be able to test it for you.

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Doing a backup of my stock rom now, then i'll fire it up and see if I can pull a logcat for you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok unfortunately the phone boot loops too fast. Literally the Samsung logo pops up for about 1 second then it restarts. adb never picks the device up so I can't pull a logcat. This was after a factory data/cache reset. Once I restored the stock rom logcat worked fine so my adb setup on this machine appears to be correct. I got time to mess with anything this weekend so if you got anything else to try let me know, i'll be able to test it for you.

Thank you. I'll rework this then. Try flashing this then k0nanes kernel right afterwards. If that boots then I made a kernel booboo

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using xda premium

alsh0083

Apr 21, 2012
Atlanta
Ok so heres what I got. First logcat in the zip is right after install and flashing k0nane's kernel. Then it hotbooted on me before I could really do anything. Second logcat is after it boots up, I enter my google account info and it then says "Communicating with google servers blah blah." After a minute or so of that it hotboots again. If I try again the same thing will keep happening.

Hope that helps you.

Attachments

• foxstarlogcat.zip
    155 KB · Views: 19

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
Okay I got a Google services framework error. Easy fix. Thank you very much for the log and help.

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using xda premium

alsh0083

Apr 21, 2012
Atlanta
Wow glad the blaze community is coming out the woodwork for you... :p Seems like I gotta stop being the lurker I normally am.

Ok this time, it appears kernel boots... BUUUUT. Nothing after that. Logcat only shows the following.

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

That should help lol, pretty clear error it seems. Screen obviously just goes blank after kernel boot and it the error is dumped. Then the phone does nothing.

NightH4wk12

Sep 3, 2010
downloaded and flashed..the phone doesn't boot at all. just shows the samsung galaxy s boot animation and then black.

is this some generic rom cooked up in some kitchen? or is this a real dev rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to try to trade my SGSII for a Blaze plus cash so that I can start some development here. Just impossible to do without a device.
    33vdu36.png

This will very much require community support as I do not own the device. Testing will be done with you guys.

As, I do not own the device, I would also like a group of testers. Email me @ starskyrob@gmail.com
    Also, if anyone knows of a supercheap blaze for sale [cracked digitizer, broken buttons, questionable IMEI are FINE! just need a test device] let me know!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

Features:

- init.d scripts for battery & performance
    - iq removed
    - Boot Animation Support [/data/local]
    - Deodexed
    - k0nane's Rooted Kernel
    - SU binary and Superuser Permissions app
    - Busybox
    - Nano
    - Sysro Sysrw
    - 14 Toggle Mod

Download link:
    http://d-h.st/STR

Installation Instructions:
    A)
    Download To SD Card
    Boot into CWM Recovery
    Install zip from SD Card!
    Choose this Zip.
    Wait a minute or so.
    Reboot.

or
    B)
    Use Rom Manager.

For Updates on Progress :

Changelog:
    4/28 - k0nane's kernel added. google services bug fixed.
    4/27 - Inital Beta Build. Posted for testing

Note:
    I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!
    New build underway. Sorry been extremely busy

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    Because that's a 989 not a 769 which it's the blaze.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA
    Hello there, Mr. Starsky! Stop by IRC some time.