[Think Tank] Modifying G1 to enable Navigation - THUNK!

Search This thread

homeboypvm

Oct 4, 2009
I have the 2.0 maps without navigation working. I'm trying to redo everything so that I can get navigation working on my mt3g, but nothing I do in adb or terminal will delete this maps off my phone. What commands should I do...what am I doing wrong?

i did this on terminal emulater
su
# mount -o rw,remount /system
# rm /system/app/Maps.apk
# exit

and it worked my maps are gone but now i don't know how to put the new maps :confused:

kieshari

Oct 1, 2009
yea that's what I've done and it says it doesn't exist. However I still see it on my phone

and to put the new maps in search...2 people have made bat files that will do it for you all you have to do is download them

dskyers

Jan 23, 2009
miami dade
confirmed working on mytouch 3g

after trying allday i got this working on my mt3g its the same instructiond as a post a couple pages back like on 55 or so just change the file to build.sapphire.prop and it works granted i dont know how long it will work but who cares its works now lol and im sure tommarow all the great guys at xda will figure it out ....who needs a droid when we have xda!!!!

dskyers

Jan 23, 2009
miami dade
Copied the following onto my Android's SD card:
build.prop
build.sapphire.prop
Maps.apk
Unplugged my phone and waited for it to prep the SD card
Fired up the application Terminal Emulator
Typed the following commands:

Code:
suYour phone may prompt you to allow or not allow this, allow it obviously, otherwise wait until you see a # before continuing to the next command

Code:
ashCode:
mount -o remount,rw /systemNext it's time to copy the build files into your system directory, but first you should backup the originals just in case.

Code:
cp /sdcard/build.prop /system
cp /sdcard/build.sapphire.prop /systemRemove the existing Google Maps app

Code:
cd /data/app
rm *Maps*
rm *maps*Code:
when i did this it siad it did not exist but i just keep going!!!

cd /data/dalvik-cache
rm *Maps*
rm *maps***END OF UPDATE**

All done with this part, time to reboot.

Code:
rebootGetting force close prompts for Google Voice? Yeah, go ahead and do the force close. Be sure to wait until your phone is done booting.
Now it's time to actually install the new app. So again, open up Terminal Emulator and type the following code:

Code:
suAgain, allow this command and/or wait until you see a # character

Code:
ash
mount -o remount,rw /system
install /sdcard/Maps.apk /system/app/At this point, I couldn't get things to work like the second post I linked earlier, so I'll did this command...

Code:
rebootGetting force close prompts for Google Voice again? Close the sucker and wait until your phone is fully booted.
Ok the app is installed and you may be thinking you're good to go, but you aren't. It's still not working for you like it wouldn't work for me. Do you have Google Voice installed before you did all this stuff? Most likely!
Go into your phone's settings and Manage Applications
Uninstall Google Voice
Fire up the Market and search for Google Voice
Install Google Voice
Reboot your phone (You can do this by holding the power button and select "reboot phone" or the long way through Terminal Emulator)
Run the Map app (now you may have your old address in there that you tried earlier, never fear. Just clear the map from the map menu)
Put in some directions like you normally would
You should see the option for "Navigate" after it gets the directions. Click it.
Accept the installation of the voice guide thingy
You're done! Revel in the awesomeness!
Get a beer and laugh at your friends with an iPhone
these is what i did exactley and it worked for me

the sappgire files i downloaded from a couple pages back as well i have them in my comoputer if you need them

homeboypvm

Oct 4, 2009
:confused: can someone with a spare time help me install the new maps.apk and edit my build.prop because that abd thing is not working for me everytime i load it it says device not found and the debuggin on phone is on

JAguirre1231

Just as a little refresher, these codes have been proven to work

Myself said:
This is guaranteed to work on Cyanogen 4.2.3.1
Download the attached build.zip and push the files to /system
adb (unzip to desktop in a folder called 1)-
cd desktop
adb push 1 /system
adb shell reboot

terminal (have each file inside the zip on root of your sd)-
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cp /sdcard/build.prop /system
cp /sdcard/build.trout.prop /system
reboot

Now go and get rid of all dex files so...

adb-
adb remount
adb shell
rm /system/sd/app/*Maps*
rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*Maps*
rm /system/app/*Maps*

Terminal-
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
rm /system/sd/app/*Maps*
rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*Maps*
rm /system/app/*Maps*

Now to install it-

adb-
cd desktop
cd 1
adb install Maps.apk (if this doesn't work then do adb install -r Maps.apk)

terminal-
install /sdcard/Maps.apk

Now check if you get Navigate by going to the maps app, then Menu>Directions>enter a destination>And on the next screen choose Navigate

Attachments

• build.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 40

followinginsanity

Feb 12, 2008
Hampton
Hey after wrestling with Google Voice not working with the changed Build.props I found out a quick and dirty workaround. Just go back to Google Voice 0.2 and the build.props aren't a problem!
Get it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=577163&highlight=Google+Voice

Just do adb install -r com.*0.2 APK FILE HERE*

I'm back up and running now! Hope this helps! :)

Did you try following my instructions on page 58?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4927044&postcount=579

Reactions: BigSK225

kieshari

Oct 1, 2009
There are so many pages...where is the build.sapphire download? All of the downloads in this thread have only the build.trout

krumbman0wnz

Nov 15, 2007
Can someone create a "theme" for cyanogen mod where the maps with navigation is installed upon flashing of the "theme"

You could make one for g1 and one for mt3g?

Top Liked Posts