[AT&T S5][NCE]Complete Stock DeOdex Base ROM - Feel Free To Use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Stock ZIP Compiled From Base TAR Image

Hey! This is the base that I created from the TAR filed that I used to compile my Extreme Debloat ROM.

This base will be available to anyone who wants to use it in their own ROM. Just be sure to give credits as to where you got the base!

NCE-DeOdex-Stock

1: DeOdexed (Anyone using it to make a ROM should know how to make an Odex version.)
2: Rooted
3: Busybox
4: ZipAligned
5: Completely stock out of the box (This means Knox applicationes, OTA updater etc. are all still in the ROM.)

Instructions:

I compiled the zip from the tar file using a few tools and Archikitchen. I am not sure if the updater script/binary that is in the zip will work so I attached the META-INF and boot.img as a zip below as well. DO NOT flash the META-INF & boot.img zip as it will not work.

1: Download ROM.
2: Download META-INF and boot.img zip.
3: If you are going to be flashing the ROM, you also need to download the supersu.zip because the root apk built in the ROM is outdated.
4: Open ROM zip, and open META-INF & boot.img zip and have them side by side.
5: Drag and drop the META-INF folder and the boot.img file from that zip to the ROM zip and replace it.

I am sorry for not including the META folder in the ROM zip. I forgot to do it before I uploaded it and it takes forever to upload 1.4gb on my slow laptop/internet so I will update it when I get time. Then again, if you do not know how to replace the META folder, then maybe you should not be using this base to make ROMS. :)

Download:

NCE DeOdex Base - ~1.4gb
MD5: 50d654feedfce62efffa687537571612

META-INF & Boot.Img
- ~9.1mb
MD5: 1c04d02ff7cf09187c6ac4bbe03828c2

XDA:DevDB Information
NCE ATT Stock Bases, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
elliwigy
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-07-05
Last Updated 2014-07-05

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Inserting meta and boot and will upload since I have decent upload speeds. Also updated superuser.apk.

MD5: CA022964787018BFA6307ABD34961D69

Uploading

awesome! ill add link to op n give you creds.. i assume it wouldnt flash with the meta that was with the rom? i kno the built in ones from the kitchen tend to not work much

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Yes. We have root and safestrap just like the s5. Just no forum. The base is NE4 I believe. Whate very you can do. By the way. My GPS does not track any satellites at all. Do you know what I could do. Beer for that too

haha ok ill prod around.. your gps wont lock at all?

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
haha ok ill prod around.. your gps wont lock at all?

I would be surprised if someone had a way to fix it. No satellites are coming up at all. Every gps app online can't help it seems. I don't know what to do besides send it back under warranty or insurance. Samsung is going down hill. M8 soon? Idk. .....smh

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
I would be surprised if someone had a way to fix it. No satellites are coming up at all. Every gps app online can't help it seems. I don't know what to do besides send it back under warranty or insurance. Samsung is going down hill. M8 soon? Idk. .....smh

Don't do it man. I had the M8 for about a week and it's boring as all heck. Among other reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Don't do it man. I had the M8 for about a week and it's boring as all heck. Among other reasons.

Lol. I need my gps man. The Note 2 was the best. Then note 3 was bad (2 warranty replacements) then the white s 5 was wacky and now the Active. Samsung gps is a problem in my eyes. I can't even get 1 freaking satellite to pull up

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Lol. I need my gps man. The Note 2 was the best. Then note 3 was bad (2 warranty replacements) then the white s 5 was wacky and now the Active. Samsung gps is a problem in my eyes. I can't even get 1 freaking satellite to pull up

Damn, sorry to hear that. I've had a S3, Note 2, S4, Note 3 and now S5 and I've never had a single gps issue on any of them.

I'm not saying your issues aren't real of course, but it's a bummer that you've had bad luck.

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011

I've owned every Samsung Device since the GS3 and haven't had a single GPS issue at all. I hope you are able to get it taken care of.

Reactions: AxAtAx

rachelm920

Apr 12, 2011
Hartford, CT
Is the boot image attached here the default one from AT&T? My phone is about to go in for a warranty replacement, I flashed back to stock, and unrooted but my custom boot image is still there along with my custom boot sound byte. Can't send it back to AT&T with Dr. who loudly starting up on the phone LOL

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Is the boot image attached here the default one from AT&T? My phone is about to go in for a warranty replacement, I flashed back to stock, and unrooted but my custom boot image is still there along with my custom boot sound byte. Can't send it back to AT&T with Dr. who loudly starting up on the phone LOL

i would recommend using the odin tar to go back to full stock.. this one is a rooted stock base zip so it will still read custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock ZIP Compiled From Base TAR Image

Hey! This is the base that I created from the TAR filed that I used to compile my Extreme Debloat ROM.

This base will be available to anyone who wants to use it in their own ROM. Just be sure to give credits as to where you got the base!

NCE-DeOdex-Stock

1: DeOdexed (Anyone using it to make a ROM should know how to make an Odex version.)
    2: Rooted
    3: Busybox
    4: ZipAligned
    5: Completely stock out of the box (This means Knox applicationes, OTA updater etc. are all still in the ROM.)

Instructions:

I compiled the zip from the tar file using a few tools and Archikitchen. I am not sure if the updater script/binary that is in the zip will work so I attached the META-INF and boot.img as a zip below as well. DO NOT flash the META-INF & boot.img zip as it will not work.

1: Download ROM.
    2: Download META-INF and boot.img zip.
    3: If you are going to be flashing the ROM, you also need to download the supersu.zip because the root apk built in the ROM is outdated.
    4: Open ROM zip, and open META-INF & boot.img zip and have them side by side.
    5: Drag and drop the META-INF folder and the boot.img file from that zip to the ROM zip and replace it.

I am sorry for not including the META folder in the ROM zip. I forgot to do it before I uploaded it and it takes forever to upload 1.4gb on my slow laptop/internet so I will update it when I get time. Then again, if you do not know how to replace the META folder, then maybe you should not be using this base to make ROMS. :)

Download:

NCE DeOdex Base - ~1.4gb
    MD5: 50d654feedfce62efffa687537571612

META-INF & Boot.Img
    - ~9.1mb
    MD5: 1c04d02ff7cf09187c6ac4bbe03828c2

XDA:DevDB Information
    NCE ATT Stock Bases, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    elliwigy
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-07-05
    Last Updated 2014-07-05
    Inserting meta and boot and will upload since I have decent upload speeds. Also updated superuser.apk.

MD5: CA022964787018BFA6307ABD34961D69

Edit: Removed old link.

Flashed fine, booted fine, G2G