[ROM] Helly_Bean [4.3] [nightly builds] - Vibrant

Search This thread

kwartey

Aug 21, 2010
worcester
Just flashed is from yesterday night and I might say there has been no problems at all. It's very smooth and sweet.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

omnifarious

Jul 6, 2010
Jacksonville
To those on build 9/4, are the sleeping issues that were in 9/1 gone?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

If you follow the suggested settings in previous posts you shouldn't have any issues with deep sleep. I myself have never had any problems pertaining to sleep because of the settings I use.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31104109&postcount=73

@Der - 0904 is running as smooth as the other builds have for me. Will test GPS later today.

Last edited:

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Ddanc I toggled GPS off and then rebooted and toggled it on and it initializes perfectly. I get 4 of 7 satellites to lock with only 40m accuracy outdoors. Der maybe you are delaying GPS too long in init.rc causing us to have to do this toggle trick to initialize it properly.

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Ddanc I toggled GPS off and then rebooted and toggled it on and it initializes perfectly. I get 4 of 7 satellites to lock with only 40m accuracy outdoors. Der maybe you are delaying GPS too long in init.rc causing us to have to do this toggle trick to initialize it properly.

At least it is an workaround :)
I hope I can get it to work better the next days.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: omnifarious

ddanc1984

May 28, 2010
McKinney, TX

I haven't tested outside yet but back on the 8/17 build I think it would take a couple of minutes to lock both initially and after sleep. Initial lock would be crap accuracy but it would go from like 49-50m to like 25-30m and pick up another bird or two in a couple more minutes and then after 5 minutes it would lock on more birds and I think best I got was like 4-5m which is about all you can expect. Subsequent locks were fast until after sleep.

Edit: Tested for a few minutes outside. Best accuracy I could get was 9-15m. I was showing a lot of birds and like 7-8 out of 13 with decent signal but it would only lock on 4-5 of them.

Locks, TTF, recovery etc seems to be fickle and vary from one ROM/Kernel to the next and phone to phone and mine has always been on the low end....lol. I finally did a version of the hardware upgrade and it helped signal strength somewhat dramatically (about 30% better signal strength) however GPS on the Vibe has always been suspect and expecting it to be perfect or work flawlessly on every ROM is delusional. Some ROM/kernel/phone combinations are great and then you can switch to another ROM for awhile to satisfy your inner crackflasher and then go back to a nandroid from your previous ROM and now GPS will not be as good. It's a prime example of a crapshoot.

Last edited:

ssjwiggy

Dec 13, 2011
Permissions. You can use Root Explorer or something similar with root/superuser to change the permissions of the file.

I gave Swiftkey all the permissions available but it's still automatically disabled when I mount my phone.

jYx3d.png

akarshfrevr

Jun 9, 2012
Bangalore
while installing new version it says some simlinks failed .......and bootloops into recovery .....I wiped everything I was on 0828 before

ddanc1984

May 28, 2010
McKinney, TX
I downloaded it twice but no change ......help me out ...I'm back to 0828

If you're on 8/28 I don't think you need to wipe. Check the hash of your download before flashing. DL twice doesn't mean anything unless the hashes match. Check the op and be sure you're following the right instructions. I came from an 8/17 nandroid and when it rebooted to recovery and had a lot of error messages, I had to flash again. So the process for me was flash, reboot to recovery, flash again, flash GAPPS, reboot normally. Beyond that I"m not sure what to tell you.

snc74

Jan 18, 2011
This is my gps with latest hb kernel:
But there's a catch...!
Sent from Darth Vader's tv remote!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346859503819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346859503819.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 179

snc74

Jan 18, 2011
Der, in average, how many internal space remains when i freshly install the newest version of hb. I like very much this rom, but just curious in how many space do will i have if i flash to this one. Thanx for this already amazing rom!

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Der, in average, how many internal space remains when i freshly install the newest version of hb. I like very much this rom, but just curious in how many space do will i have if i flash to this one. Thanx for this already amazing rom!

Take a look at the homepage

If you are talking about the sdcard, it's the same as always

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ddanc1984

May 28, 2010
McKinney, TX
This is my gps with latest hb kernel:
But there's a catch...!

That's very similar to my best accuracy -- about 9m. Occasionally it would dip down a little more but that's about where it was most stable.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

What did you need to do to get GPS to work? Also, how did you get the day of the week to display?

Try toggling GPS off on the drop-down toggles. Reboot. Re-enable via the toggle and try your GPS. That worked for me.

Reactions: Ch4m3l30n

chadhoard

Dec 27, 2010
Valparaiso
That's very similar to my best accuracy -- about 9m. Occasionally it would dip down a little more but that's about where it was most stable.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Try toggling GPS off on the drop-down toggles. Reboot. Re-enable via the toggle and try your GPS. That worked for me.

I tried that. After several min. I was able to see 2 birds, but no lock.

chadhoard

Dec 27, 2010
Valparaiso
I am getting insufficient storage available, when updating or installing on older version of Titanium Backup. However, I am able to update apps, and install Swiftkey 3 without any issues. Any reason why?? I updated from 0901 this morning without doing a full wipe.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Yeah its not fast to lock.

But I only get 1 or 2 birds, no more then that!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, to pawitp, FaultExeption, Jt1134, be18 and all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
    http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Install instructions:

coming from any other rom:
    - make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
    - flash zip
    - reboot recovery
    - flash zip again
    - flash gapps

if you are coming from a previous version, older than 08/28 your data will get wiped due to new partition layout!
    coming from previous version:
    - flash zip

Additional changes, compared to cm10.2 (this list might not be complete):
    - facebook sync integrated
    - option to enable high end gfx effects
    - possibility to activate and customize navigation bar
    - aokp clock (right/center, custom color, big/small am/pm, display weekday)
    - misc settings in settings menu
    - added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
    - added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
    - added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
    - possibility to change quicksettings tile background color
    - added pie control from slim roms
    - added app sidebar from chameleon os (unfortunatelly it still seems to be a little buggy...wip)
    - alternate default app picker (from aokp)
    - removed cm stats
    - removed cm updater
    - lockscreen seethrough
    - possibility to change color of lockscreen text/pictures
    - customizable "long press back to kill" timeout
    - added HALO
    - more options for rebing the hardware keys
    - build.prop mods
    - TRDS (The real Dark Slim)
    Can we please keep this thread clean?

If you like Der's work, hit his Thanks button. Please refrain from posting like "Thanks", "Great ROM" or "Can't wait" These types of post just cause clutter and cloud the real questions like about wifi, the God forsaken GPS, Devil OC/UV settings,....

We have a great group here who know proper "Net-iquette", but there has been a rather large influx of new users too.

Good luck and Happy Flashing.
    Hello everyone. My son got born today! I'll try to upload a new build soon.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    new rom is online!

only at rootaxbox for now. changelog and mirrow tomorrow!
    i have uploaded a new rom now.

download links and changelog can be found at the new homepage, which is linked in the first post now :)

if the hp is not very professional, it's the first site i ever have made :p