[DEV][DEAD] DVB USB stick support for Live TV

Search This thread

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
I've noted it and I'll improve the tuning in v0.8 but unfortunately I can't test because of the broken USB port but I'm lucky to have you guys to test it ;)
I may have some spare time on the weekend to do make some progress in v0.8 :)

stupid USB port! ;)

Just checked out your source from the google code svn.
I guess the problem is somewhere in the jni c code right?
Do I need any special packages to setup a build environment for this one?

Maybe I can try digg in myself....

/schaze

schaze

Jan 13, 2009
ah ok. i'll check out the v0.7 then. right, the ndk i was missing.
but i guess i wont be able to work on it before the weekend either... but lets see, might be fun :)

stephen44

Dec 4, 2010
I think so

I don't think so, because azap knows the pids, doesn't it? what's the output of your azap call? (don't set the "S" flag)

After reading the sources of azap and tzap I recognized a difference between them, tzap is able to provide pmt/pat in the TS stream and azap isn't. I'll recompile an azap for you which offers that option and then you could test it, so maybe we don't need a change in firmware :)

brilliant - and yes i'll test V0.8 for you. i am at work now - but can send an azap output this evening

stephen44

Dec 4, 2010
WOOT !

Hauppage 950Q working on USA ATSC QAM digital TV signals on UrukDroid 0.7

thanks to $aur0n for helping getting UrukDroid up and running and getting the 950Q to play nice - it kicked butt getting that little stick to run.

and of course you: Chulri for the LiveTV app and AZAP2 - which solved the MPEG-TV stream playing issue.
My tenacity to make this work didn't hurt any either ;).

The quality is great great color and sound - there is always some pixellation because the source has lower resolution than our archos device so it needs to scale it - but super smooth (look at those video changes) - no audio lag - which i can't believe and really watchable. I am going to try over the air next week when i am in an area with some signals :eek:

anyways heres the results - enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4L0WZ04ZqI

Reactions: $aur0n and chrulri

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
Hello $aur0n, honighamster asked me to ask you where he could get that mod.tgz file from. the link above is dead.

I've reuploaded module package (it's not the same one - but should have all the stuff - it's from 1.0 "to be" release). Frankly this was a bit dirty solution and that's why I've erased it.

Anyway - I want to use usb ids to dvb service to configure proper modules - but like for now i have only information about 3 dvbt cards module requirements...

htcpopolon

May 30, 2008
Hi!

I am trying to see if sasc-ng can be used together with this live tv application, as it could hide this encryption from live tv application.

I tried to compile sasc-ng, but maybe it won't work finally due to CPU power or due to FFDec part ( unit tests had to be removed) or due to thread mutex code part in sc part.

I compiled the code, but now it seems dvbloopback.ko module does not create two sets of devices (0 and 1) in adapter1. No error is printed to dmesg. In adapter 1, there is only created:
demux0
dvr0
frontend0
net0

but also
demux1
dvr1
frontend1
net1
should have been created by this module.

I tried with the dvb h-files from archos linux source, and also from this tv application include h-files, but no difference.
Which one is correct DVB definitions? Which DVB API version is correct?

I use stock archos firmware 2.1.3.

sasc-ng can be run so that it exits when it does not find the frontend1 from adapter 1 (trying to join real adapter 0 to virtual adapter 1). And the problem is now that dvbloopback module not creating those second devices.

Last edited:

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
modules never create devices. on normal linux distributions it's udev which does. on android we don't have such a service so all device nodes are static. if you know the nodes, use "mknod" to create the missing device nodes

$aur0n

Nov 27, 2010
modules never create devices. on normal linux distributions it's udev which does. on android we don't have such a service so all device nodes are static. if you know the nodes, use "mknod" to create the missing device nodes

That's not entirely true... devices may be created by modules without udev. It depends on kernel-module version (udev is not so old solution).
My dvbt modules creates proper devices by it's own - but in /dev/ root.

htcpopolon

May 30, 2008
so for the dvb modules coming inside this live tv 0.7 package, how are the devices created then inside /dev/dvb/adapter0 in stock archos firmware? What is creating those if no udev is in the system? And what is the right DVB API version to compile these DVB modules?

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
so for the dvb modules coming inside this live tv 0.7 package, how are the devices created then inside /dev/dvb/adapter0 in stock archos firmware? What is creating those if no udev is in the system?
They are created when the firmware is built. as I said, they are static.
And what is the right DVB API version to compile these DVB modules?
just take the one from the archos kernel source and you're safe if you're using stock android kernel

htcpopolon

May 30, 2008
I created those missing devices manually, but now the sasc still complains that frontend1 cannot be opened (error code 14). devices are:
crwxr-xr-x 1 root.root 212, 68 demux0
crwxrwxrwx 1 root.root 212, 73 demux1
crwxr-xr-x 1 root.root 212, 69 dvr0
crwxrwxrwx 1 root.root 212, 74 dvr1
crwxr-xr-x 1 root.root 212, 67 frontend0
crwxrwxrwx 1 root.root 212, 72 frontend1
crwxr-xr-x 1 root.root 212, 71 net0
crwxrwxrwx 1 root.root 212, 75 net1

Last edited:

htcpopolon

May 30, 2008
And why the cross script used in the "howto compile own modules" does not include dvb h files at all (those are not in staging directory gen8-gpl-froyo/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/usr/include, but only in gen8-gpl-froyo/linux/include/linux directory) ? I had to manually add this gen8-gpl-froyo/linux/include directory to be able to compile sasc.

htcpopolon

May 30, 2008
the error code 14 for sasc comes from code line:
pc->virtfd = open(virtdev, O_RDWR);
if(pc->virtfd < 0) {
dprintf0("Could not open %s. Error was: %d\n", virtdev, errno);

and this virt dev is that /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend1

Top Liked Posts