[Theme] Fade to Blue - Version .99 - RC30v1.41/RC33 --Beta - Updated 02/16/09

Search This thread

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
I figured out the .9.png files! my buttons look as good as Googles! check it out here

Well here is my first attempt at making a theme. It is based off the Blue manila TouchFlo2d theme from the Wing.

Do not extract this file, just rename it to update.zip and copy it to the root of your SDCard.

This theme is built off of 1.42, i am looking into making RC8 and ADP1.1 version. You do need to have a root'd G1 for this to work.

Download Here:
FadetoBlue Beta - RC30
FadetoBlue hash: 0b134262df7962f03f20cc519b966866

FadetoBlue Clockless Beta - RC30
FadetoBlue-Clockless hash: da0ca66224a0786ba5804830621a71c9

FadetoBlue RC33 Full port - RC33 Full port! - Does not need RC33 lite!
FadetoBlueRC33 Hash: 2c4b4abc21280325006eea00ee949b32

Do not use this said:
FadetoBlue ADP Beta - ADP1.1 Tested and not-working. I think the problem i had was remvoing some of the apks i did not change. You may have to wipe to get this to work, but from my experience you shouldn't have to.

Once FadetoBlueRC33 is v1.0 i will try doing RC8,ADP1.1 and update the RC30

FadetoBlueADP1.1 Hash: 400d0350f4a29c06ec8d78736dbed972

RC33 Things to-do:
Framework-res:
Unlock circles - done
Bluetooth icons - done
wallpaper
Buttons - done
wireless icons - done

Apps:
Contacts - Icon - done
Launcher - Clock - done?

Things left to-do:
Create a clock face - I tried to copy a clock from another phone which failed. - done
Replace the Google Search background - portrait - done
Tweak some of the .9 files - Mostly done, let me know if you find any strange images.

Create themed icons for default apps:
AlarmClock.apk - ic_launcher_alarmclock.png - Done
Browser.apk - ic_launcher_browser.png - Done
Calculator.apk - icon.png - done
Calendar.apk - app_icon.png - done/might change it. to IPhoneish
Camera.apk - ic_launcher_camera.png - done
Contacts.apk - ic_launcher_contacts.png - Done.
Email.apk - icon.png - done
Gmail.apk - ic_launcher_mail.png - done
gtalkservice.apk - app_instant_message.png - done
IM.apk - ic_launcher_im.png - done
Launcher.apk - Done
Maps.apk - ic_launcher_maps.png - done
Mms.apk - ic_launcher_smsmms.png - done
Music.apk - app_music.png - done
MyFaves.apk - myfaves_app_icon.png - done
Phone.apk - ic_launcher_phone.png - done
Settings.apk - ic_launcher_settings.png - done
SoundRecorder.apk - ic_launcher_soundrecorder.png - Done
Superuser.apk - icon.png - None
Sync.apk - app_icon.png - Done
Talk.apk - app_instant_message.png - Done
Vending.apk - ic_launcher_androidmarket.png - done
VoiceDialer.apk - app_voicedialer.png - done
YouTube.apk - ic_launcher_youtube.png - done

Work on comments by users - Still listening!
Skin the Music Player - found the icons i want to use. - Done
Change icons for phone and phone background. - Done
Touch-up some images and icons - Done

01.png
03.png
04.png
lockscreen.png

Attachments

• dialer.png
    dialer.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 738
  • calllog.png
    calllog.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 610
  • bacground2.png
    bacground2.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 5,521
  • background.png
    background.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 585
  • manila3.jpg
    manila3.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 504
  • android_320x480.png
    android_320x480.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:

scottbob

Nov 2, 2006
Pomona
I haven't done the clock yet. but if you ever seen the Blue manila theme for TouchFlo2d, that's what it will look like.

Yeah, I am familiar with that clock and it would amazing with it. Just out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to make it a digital clock similar to touchflow? I obviously don't know much about making a them, although the more I read into it the more I learn.

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
Yeah, I am familiar with that clock and it would amazing with it. Just out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to make it a digital clock similar to touchflow? I obviously don't know much about making a them, although the more I read into it the more I learn.

I wish i could make a digital clock like TouchFlo, but unfortunately themes right now are basically skins. We can not change the layout, just the image. I had thought about making a widget for the digital clock, but i don't believe we can make widgets yet. That will be a project i will take on as soon as Android Widgets are allowed.

scottbob

Nov 2, 2006
Pomona
I wish i could make a digital clock like TouchFlo, but unfortunately themes right now are basically skins. We can not change the layout, just the image. I had thought about making a widget for the digital clock, but i don't believe we can make widgets yet. That will be a project i will take on as soon as Android Widgets are allowed.

That is what I though as well. Would it be possible to replace the analog clock images with digital clock images if the images were still the same pixel size? I am sure that would be a very tedious job if it were even possible. I am also sure that I just don't know enough about how these .png files work.

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
That is what I though as well. Would it be possible to replace the analog clock images with digital clock images if the images were still the same pixel size? I am sure that would be a very tedious job if it were even possible. I am also sure that I just don't know enough about how these .png files work.

Nah that wouldn't work, in the theme you can change the face, hour and minute arms. Anything for the arms would just spin. I don't believe any of the PNGs are animated, They all seem to be static images and Android does the movement and pulsing.

scottbob

Nov 2, 2006
Pomona
Nah that wouldn't work, in the theme you can change the face, hour and minute arms. Anything for the arms would just spin. I don't believe any of the PNGs are animated, They all seem to be static images and Android does the movement and pulsing.

Unfortunately that is what I thought. How much more involved is themeing besides just editing existing .png files? Sorry to ask so many question but I just have so many ideas for themes and I would like to start making/modding my own. Oh yeah, and I would LOVE to beta test your theme also, one of the best looking ones so far I think.

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
Unfortunately that is what I thought. How much more involved is themeing besides just editing existing .png files? Sorry to ask so many question but I just have so many ideas for themes and I would like to start making/modding my own. Oh yeah, and I would LOVE to beta test your theme also, one of the best looking ones so far I think.

Basically that is all it is, there ones that are .9.png files you have to becareful with how you edit them or they will not look right when they are stretched to fit the text inside the object. Other then that you have to sign the apk files that you changed and the update.zip. That is all there is to it.

Its quite tedious with all of the images you can change, but its just skinning.

Thank you btw, I have made a few changes since that screenshot, that i think look much better. hopefully everyone agrees.

damnitpud

Jul 6, 2007
RI
Tried to install the theme but it was aborted due to two files with no signatures.

That's weird. I installed it no problems, i will resign the files and re-upload it.

:::EDIT:::
Resigned the files and re-uploaded it.

Tried to install the theme but it was aborted due to two files with no signatures.
I think i know what the problem was, i zipped the first file into a folder and forgot to mention that. Did you just rename the original file and try to install it? I fixed it now, you only have to rename the file and copy it to your SDCard.

Last edited: