Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396842778461.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396842778461.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 280

sofla2

Jul 11, 2011
Naples, FL
Hey munch you spelled my name wrong in op. That mean I don't have to pay?

ernando sor

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Didn't you know about that obscure XDA rule that states if your name is spelled wrong in a bounty thread, you must pay double? :laugh: :laugh:

Just curious, but is there a Tranquility rom in our future? :D

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
Didn't you know about that obscure XDA rule that states if your name is spelled wrong in a bounty thread, you must pay double? :laugh: :laugh:

Just curious, but is there a Tranquility rom in our future? :D

Yah I've spent about 8 hours today working on our tweaks app. Lot to do.

We are making the tweaks activate from a private app that way we can just push updates from the market instead of the whole rom.

We're going to try to have the rom for all carrier's.

Last edited:

ocman40

Mar 26, 2011
Yah I've spent about 8 hours today working on our tweaks app. Lot to do.

We are making the tweaks activate from a private app that way we can just push updates from the market instead of the whole rom.

We're going to try to have the rom for all carrier's.

Can't wait for Tranquil.

Reactions: andybones

compir99

Nov 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Outstanding work! Here is what I pledged & a little extra; go buy yourself a cold one!

Unique Transaction ID # 0BB74753RN1791405

Thank you! :highfive:

Lazy8

Apr 24, 2011
Sacramento
No previous pledge.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 25F93518Y51342738) $10

Wasn't sure if I was going to keep my M8 or not before...was thinking s-off wouldn't come for some time and I didn't want to live with the phone stock....Decision made!!!!

Thanks for the awesome work!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m8 s-off/unlock is released - including verizon - firewater-soff.com
    any bounties should be paid to firewaterdevs@gmail.com
    So @beaups and i were drinking some wine, and well you know that comes out good.

Roots on boot, probably tomorrow. Good first step to s-off.

This bug I've been sitting on for about 2-3 years now. Sadly I didn't have it working completely, but we sat down and banged it out. Will likely be one of my last released, unless the wine hits me again.
    Donations / bounties don't compensate for the work, costs and losses involved, public releases cost the developer financially. Rarely does a bounty pay out thousands, most of the time a large number of people don't pay out pledges made (Exception here would be the MotoX/Droid root bounties, seeing > 100% payout was an utter shock, and awful nice). Never does a bounty/donations pay out anywhere near the going market rate for an exploit.

What costs go into producing a working exploit?

Tools: Jeb ran me $1000 (and $700 renewal last month, so $1700 total in last 14 months), IDAPro was $1229, HexRays was $2359, Beagle USB analyzer was $1200, plus a large variety of smaller tools, and generic software/hardware.

Devices: investment in almost 200 (picked up 5 more this trip alone) Android devices (You can find photos of my rack on twitter, or I can post some when I get home.) From OEM gifts, carrier subsidies, $20 ebay finds to $1000 tablets. Debatable on if it was worth it, but great for research needs.

Time: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ years of learning, hours/days/weeks/months of research.

WeakSauce collected about $1100 total in donations ($711.12 was the cost for my m8 from a retail store, so not quite enough for two), and that really was an exceptional amount for a public release. Most good ones see $200-300, I have released many that saw $0.

Neither beaups, nor I promised s-off. Nor did we solicit devices or funds for s-off. We promised a root exploit, delivered it, and THEN (keyword, after delivering the work) accepted donations for it, promising to use those donations to purchase m8 for further work.

No reputable developer should ask for a device/money, without posting work first. I turned down offers of a upfront "free" m8, before starting work on WeakSauce, for this reason.

No I point out the truth nobody wants to believe. They get paid thousands for an exploit. And look at my signature and the devices I've had so yes i know what they cost and go through cause I do the same. They ask for donation threads to get them a device and then get more money after they exploit it yet it's not about money? Yeah ok keep telling yourself that.

If I can afford all my devices and multiple devices at a time and developers can't buy their own something is wrong

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Update - April 6th
    S-off achieved and released - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708464

Please pay your pledges to - firewaterdevs@gmail.com. Please post in the thread with your amount and unique id once you have paid.

Thanks.

This a bounty thread for S-off only on the Verizon HTC One M8. You can post your pledges here and I will add them to OP. Pledges for root, bootloader unlock will not be added to OP. Do not pledge cats, dogs etc. we are talking paypal and dollars ;)

Please do not send any money to anyone unless it's proved that s-off has been achieved and made public here on xda.

Please do not start a cat fight in here as that would result in the thread getting locked.

I will try to update the thread on a daily basis. Do not come in here and ask when it will be done because we do not know the answer to that and you might get flamed.

I do not own a Verizon HTC One M8 but I am just trying to help.

How to Claim the Bounty

Make a post in this thread with the following:
    • Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
    • Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
    • Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device
    • Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis
    Sit Back People and Appreciate!

I think some forgot why this thread was even created?!? No one "Promised" they would "Achieve" S-Off, did they? A few maybe have said they will or are working on it but again, did they say they Promise they will Achieve this feat? Did they ever say this will be Achieved by X time frame? Did they ever say they will update this thread/forum/twitter/FB anywhere on updates on the process? NO, they are doing all of this out of their own free time and energy and again they owe us NOTHING!

Now to reiterate what a "Bounty" thread is for the ones that seem to be a little confused. It is basically a thread of contributing members here who wish (Not Need nor Required) to donate money "IF" S-Off is "Achieved" at "ANY" given time. Not by this weekend, not for your birthday, but at ANY given time.

Why you may ask? Well some people don't want to go the JAVA card route and rather wait here for this. Also do you know any other forum on the World Wide Web that have DEVS creating or even attempting to achieve S-Off????

This thread is starting to getting amazingly childish and surprised to see this from members that have been here for years! The people with the 2-5 post counts and joined when this device came out, ok kind of expected.

I'm not going to do this for everyone but hopefully this will make a statement to the rest and a stop to the nonsense starting to develop here!

oneandroidnut - $20

Please pull out your contribution as you threatened, we do not need your $20 here to achieve S-Off any sooner than it is going to naturally be released. Instead i will pay ADDITIONALLY to my own contribution and now will donate $40 of my own hard earned money.

@ OP, please change my original donation from $20 to now $40 paid WHENEVER S-Off is achieved here whether it be next week or 6 months from now. I'll be good for $40, lol!