Pocket MSN disabled on p3600 TIM branded!! looking for an hack to fix this

Search This thread

D@vide

Dec 27, 2005
here
Hi all,

I've a p3600 tim branded and the problem is that if i do an hard reset and let customize the device via the files present in the extended rom, then pocke msn is disabled...if I do a hard reset and then a soft reset to stop customization when it starts, then the pocket msn is enabled.

is there a way to re-enable the pocket msn without this workaround cause i'd like to have the tim customization or at least the others customizations present in the extended rom?

Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad english.

P.s.1
in the extended rom i have only 3 files .cab and a .txt, but when the customization starts it install more files .cab?!
P.s.2
I know that if i want i can crate a shortcut from \windows\instmsgr.exe to \windows\start menu and enable messenger, but what i need is to enable pocket msn and the today plugin

Last edited:

D@vide

Dec 27, 2005
here
You can find under /windows the instmsn.exe program that is ONLY the MSN messenger and not all the Pocket MSN suite.

Create a shortcut under \windows\start menu\ and it's all right!

Hi alexbard,

many thanks for your reply, but look at Ps2 point of my post, I already know what you suggest, my question is how to enable the entire suite of pocket msn with the today plugin....

any news from the board?

D@vide

seantam

Dec 11, 2006
You may try Windows Live for WM5, though it is still a beta version, but it has both msn & messenger.

alexbard

Apr 10, 2005
Venice, Italy
Windows Live works not so well..... especially under wifi.
I found it looking at emu***le, browsing for live_messenger_wm.

No news until the new rom release, htc confirmed a few bugs in the TIM release.

Last edited:

D@vide

Dec 27, 2005
here
This is the bad cab file!!

Hi there,
I'm playing with some registry entry trying to solve the problem...I'll post any news...

Here attached is the cab file that makes the TIM customizazions and disable Pocket MSN (be carefull to launch it on your non TIM branded device if you dont want to hard reset to re-enable pocket MSN), if someone can examine the cab to understand where this file makes the changes that disable PMSN is welcome, I'm not so smart :-(

The file is not present in the extended rom but in the \windows dir, probably is recalled by another file of the extended rom.

hope this help our needs..

D@vide

Attachments

• TIM_Trinity-P3600-v07.CAB
    157.1 KB · Views: 25

vbi

Sep 12, 2005
Rome
Hi there,
I'm playing with some registry entry trying to solve the problem...I'll post any news...

Here attached is the cab file that makes the TIM customizazions and disable Pocket MSN (be carefull to launch it on your non TIM branded device if you dont want to hard reset to re-enable pocket MSN), if someone can examine the cab to understand where this file makes the changes that disable PMSN is welcome, I'm not so smart :-(

The file is not present in the extended rom but in the \windows dir, probably is recalled by another file of the extended rom.

hope this help our needs..

D@vide

I'll have a look at it.... stay tuned...

vbi

Sep 12, 2005
Rome
Had a look at that cab file, but there are not registry entries.
Maybe the MSN is disabled in another cab, or it's done from an executable.

I have a TIM branded P3600 and done a hard reset without letting the device install the extra software. Works fine and I don't miss any of the added features from TIM software customization...

D@vide

Dec 27, 2005
here
Had a look at that cab file, but there are not registry entries.
Maybe the MSN is disabled in another cab, or it's done from an executable.

I have a TIM branded P3600 and done a hard reset without letting the device install the extra software. Works fine and I don't miss any of the added features from TIM software customization...

Hi vbi,
it's sure that PMSN is disabled by the cab I'have attached before...I made the following:
Hard reset
Reset before customizations starts...PMSN is enabled!! Then...
Under \windows tap on that cab and.... PMSN is disabled so, if there are not registry entry probably PMSN is disabled by an exe present on that cab like you say, also not all but some customizations like Alice mail and the settings for MMS and server exchange are miss..
Damn!

D@vide

vbi

Sep 12, 2005
Rome
Hi vbi,
it's sure that PMSN is disabled by the cab I'have attached before...I made the following:
Hard reset
Reset before customizations starts...PMSN is enabled!! Then...
Under \windows tap on that cab and.... PMSN is disabled so, if there are not registry entry probably PMSN is disabled by an exe present on that cab like you say, also not all but some customizations like Alice mail and the settings for MMS and server exchange are miss..
Damn!

D@vide

I did the same. I gave a look to the cab just to see if I can modify it for you.... but no luck!
Anyway... I just add the MSN icon to th HTChomeplug... easy.

Ciao!