skyrocket cm9 is "in the oven"

Search This thread

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
What did it say?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

That only one of their guys owns a skyrocket but its his work phone so they aren't sure. They did say that the t989 would be skipping cm7 and get cm9. Also stated slayer would be doing the work but he's in the navy or something and someone else is picking it up.

I'm sure if it releases for the t989 we will get it on the skyrocket.

N

nrm5110

The t989 will work on our phones yes or if one of our devs contacts dev relations they will help port or if we all bombard cm at one time about the SR that will show interest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

daaneuu

Sep 26, 2009
Let me know what I can do to help. I know computer science mostly java environments (JCreator) to be exact. And I own a SGS2 Skyrocket and would love to see I.C.S 4.0 on my device. Willing to put in the time for this.

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
The t989 will work on our phones yes or if one of our devs contacts dev relations they will help port or if we all bombard cm at one time about the SR that will show interest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

ive said this before but last year in the cm panel @ bigandroidbbq cm devs told the entire crowd that if we want an official port to have a dev(I volunteer jo :) ) to reach out to them and more than likely the original dev will then become the cm mod for that device

N

nrm5110

ive said this before but last year in the cm panel @ bigandroidbbq cm devs told the entire crowd that if we want an official port to have a dev(I volunteer jo :) ) to reach out to them and more than likely the original dev will then become the cm mod for that device

wow think about what you just said lol

Attachments

• volunteer.jpg
    volunteer.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 446

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
Lol it was a joke and to clarify volunteer in this situation isn't like throwing under the bus :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
No real news, but seeing this makes me :)

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_skyrocket
https://github.com/AOKP/android_device_samsung_skyrocket

lvEJv.png

9Po7k.png

I also saw today on RootzWiki that Whitehawkx pulled the links and killed the t989 AOKP build he's been working on. The last comment he posted before the thread was closed on Sunday stated this:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25273-aokp-hercules-may-19-build-36-404/page__st__590
Whitehawkx said:
For the time being the download links have been pulled and this thread locked. Please DO NOT re-post the download links here or on XDA. I was asked to hold off doing releases for the time being and that is exactly what I'm going to do. Do no fret, this WILL come back as an officially supported device in due time. Just be patient and thank you for understanding.

IEatKittys!

Jan 20, 2012
Brooklyn
Why do you have a tab reading WinterBoard? We have a traitor among us! Nah jk jk. This is good news though :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
probably because they're not actually devs. There's probably a lot of programming that goes into getting Cm9 to run on devices.

besides quoting a post from March, this is wrong. jomeister is capable of kernel level programming (evervolv) as is he who shall not be named.

We have a current cm9 build, which although labeled alpha, i honestly have no idea why. They are most in humble in stating that, given that with a few hiccups, everyone is functional (wifi, camera, blue tooth, etc...) based of the ICS leaks, and several members, myself included, use it as a dd.

AOKP/MIUI has also been ported from t989, and besides an external sd card mounting issue, is also relatively usable.

Reactions: droid512

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
besides quoting a post from March, this is wrong. jomeister is capable of kernel level programming (evervolv) as is he who shall not be named.

We have a current cm9 build, which although labeled alpha, i honestly have no idea why. They are most in humble in stating that, given that with a few hiccups, everyone is functional (wifi, camera, blue tooth, etc...) based of the ICS leaks, and several members, myself included, use it as a dd.

AOKP/MIUI has also been ported from t989, and besides an external sd card mounting issue, is also relatively usable.

Yeah what he said.... Sirnecropost

CM9 Skyrocket

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got a confirmation from cyanogenmod that the skyrocket and t989 are being worked on currently. So as long as they don't decide to drop us we will be getting cm9 at some point in the future. I posted on a Google+ post of theirs. If you have Google+ go to their page, and then their post for "status update on nightly builds". You will see someone mention the t989 them me mention the skyrocketing followed by a confirmation.

Sorry no link, I'm on my phone and its a pain in the butt.
    I hate to be a noob aking this (sorry about that), but what exactly is "cm9":confused:

D:!!!!! How do you not know?? It's like the best handgun ever!

Kidding, Google cyanogenmod, its their mod for ice cream sandwich

Sent from my Skyrocket Running NexusMod 4.1b
    sure you meant that.

will be interesting to see where our first ICS working rom will come from. (Samsung, CM9 or other)

I mean I admit to the act of doing it. But it was so a typo.
    Sorry for asking, but when you get home can you post a link to this announcement I can't seem to find it

It wasn't so much as an "announcement" as it was a confirmation from a cyanogenmod dev that they are working on our device. It was on Google+. All they said was the skyrocket and the t989 are being worked on, but are farther behind than the standard s2. They also stated that due to computer issues they are behind on builds but in a few weeks they will start to pick up speed.

That's pretty much a summary of what was said. You really aren't missing much by not finding it.
    Hell f#ck#ng yeah! I just +1'd your comment Josh.

Thank you for sharing this info!