[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.1/7.0][10/05/2016] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Search This thread

PolarisX

May 31, 2011
Crusing stable at 2 Ghz

394320_10152103893195697_1370033476_n.jpg

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Hey KT, do you think you could make a TW Kernel like you did in the T-Mobile Forum here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31172738 ?

The only reason I ask is because i am messing around with the JB port to sprint of the T-mobile JB leak. I am guessing you may have based your TW kernel on the leaked kernel, and I know there is no current leaked anything for JB on Sprint. Our biggest issue in that port is the screen orientation is messed up and backwards. I know that is kernel related, so I was hoping maybe a TW JB kernel from you for Sprint might fix some of our issues since it seems Sprint is going to be a while before we actually get a leak of JB.

I like some of the TW features otherwise I would just flash AOKP or CM10.

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
Did you not read the first thing in the OP?

I'm going to assume that's actually how he knows that this kernel is AOSP-only, hence why he mentions that it doesn't work on Samsung-based ROMs.

I'm also going to assume you're not very familiar with Ktoonsez's kernel. Otherwise, you would know that he offers Samsung variants of his kernel for other carriers, hence why the person you quoted was asking if it was on the agenda or could be done in addition to the current AOSP kernel.

Reactions: slickdaddy96
Z

zedmay

Which kernel works on Clarks44's FreeGS3 v0.1.1 Rom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Last edited:

y2kdread

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas, TX
Bluetooth Popping Noise

Hi,

Is anyone else noticing a slight popping noise when playing audio on a bluetooth headset of any sort? I am getting this popping on my car and on a pair of bluetooth headphones that I have. The popping doesn't occur on a TW based ROM or the Kernel that comes stock with CM10.

I have tried bumping up my minimum frequencies and rebooting, but that still doesn't seem to stop the popping.

Any Ideas?

algirnavi451

Dec 17, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hi,

Is anyone else noticing a slight popping noise when playing audio on a bluetooth headset of any sort? I am getting this popping on my car and on a pair of bluetooth headphones that I have. The popping doesn't occur on a TW based ROM or the Kernel that comes stock with CM10.

I have tried bumping up my minimum frequencies and rebooting, but that still doesn't seem to stop the popping.

Any Ideas?

Been having the same issue and was about to post. Happens for me with regular headphones as well. no issue on CM10 kernel. I found that upping voltage (about 75mV) solves this issue somewhat.

Also seems to only happen for me when using music app called PowerAMP. Apollo does not have this issue...but I prefer PowerAMP to Apollo.

Last edited:

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
I'm going to assume that's actually how he knows that this kernel is AOSP-only, hence why he mentions that it doesn't work on Samsung-based ROMs.

I'm also going to assume you're not very familiar with Ktoonsez's kernel. Otherwise, you would know that he offers Samsung variants of his kernel for other carriers, hence why the person you quoted was asking if it was on the agenda or could be done in addition to the current AOSP kernel.

Well since the Moderator deleted my last reply quoting your post. Thank you, exactly what I am talking about. I really do wish people would actually read a person's question instead of just assuming people are newbs and giving silly answers. I asked that question because if you actually click on the link in my other post it is exactly like this thread but for T-mobile, but in that post he does indeed supply an AOSP kernel and a Sammy Rom kernel. I assume when a Sammy Rom Kernel becomes available by him, he will post it here for sprint. I was just asking if one of those might be in the works or does he have to wait on a leak from Sprint in order to build one.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Hi,

Any Ideas?

This has been mention 50 or so times. It is usually 3rd party equalizer apps and some music apps. Works great perfect on my phone at 192 MHz and 875mvolts. I use stock Google music.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

y2kdread

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas, TX
This has been mention 50 or so times. It is usually 3rd party equalizer apps and some music apps. Works great perfect on my phone at 192 MHz and 875mvolts. I use stock Google music.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

I'll give that a try, mut what is causing the interference between the kernel and 3rd party music players? I guess I am seeing if a fix is possible.

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
I'll give that a try, mut what is causing the interference between the kernel and 3rd party music players? I guess I am seeing if a fix is possible.

You would have to contact the maker of the app you want to use and see what it is that they do different than stock apps. Also its possible that the app you are suing is not supported in JB yet or if it says it is, it is obviously having issues.

algirnavi451

Dec 17, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
You would have to contact the maker of the app you want to use and see what it is that they do different than stock apps. Also its possible that the app you are suing is not supported in JB yet or if it says it is, it is obviously having issues.

Well for me it seems that its a difference between your kernel and cm as on cm it works flawlessly while on your kernel there is the crackling noise. At least that's what I noticed

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Well for me it seems that its a difference between your kernel and cm as on cm it works flawlessly while on your kernel there is the crackling noise. At least that's what I noticed

Cus of the OC/UC, custom voltages, compiler, compiler opimizations, 100's more Linux patches. Cant please everyone and especially when it works flawlessly on mine, not much I can do :(

y2kdread

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas, TX
Cus of the OC/UC, custom voltages, compiler, compiler opimizations, 100's more Linux patches. Cant please everyone and especially when it works flawlessly on mine, not much I can do :(

You work around is working quite well, this will keep sane by not hearing the popping. Thanks for your work on the Kernel and everything, it is hard to go back to stock with all the customization you can add thanks to your kernel!

Reactions: ktoonsez

Mrtacos

May 25, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Oh i perfectly understand, I love the kernel otherwise. I saw that PowerAMP will have an update soon, maybe this will fix it. Thanks for the help though.

I use PowerAmp as my music player, I don't have any crackling. But I have to turn down preamp pretty far down, the most I go is 4 clicks from the bottom any higher and it starts to distort. Did you try to turn off DVC? I know when it was crackling in my car I turned off DVC and it didn't anymore.

Sent from my AOKP Train Running Galaxy S3

algirnavi451

Dec 17, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I use PowerAmp as my music player, I don't have any crackling. But I have to turn down preamp pretty far down, the most I go is 4 clicks from the bottom any higher and it starts to distort. Did you try to turn off DVC? I know when it was crackling in my car I turned off DVC and it didn't anymore.

Sent from my AOKP Train Running Galaxy S3

I tried turning off direct volume control and it didnt do anything...and I want to use equalizer with poweramp and i dont think i can use it with dvc off. I will try playing with the preamp

tony45x220

Oct 26, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
OK I'm very limited as to the governors that dont give me a lockup and a reboot...so far I can only use smartassv2, lagfree, and the usual stock governors...and the K tweaker app force closes every time...I flashed AOKP JB G apps then the kernel...I've done nothing else special...any help getting some more stability or is everyone dealing with the same thing?

By the way I use System Tuner Pro to check times and observe governor behavior and SetCPU for actually controlling the CPU.

Sent from my rooted, suited, and booted SGSIII livin the dual-core life, know dat

Top Liked Posts