[Q] External battery pack in your pocket?

Search This thread

danguyf

May 22, 2006
If I use the cord that comes with Glass, with the plug that goes at a right angle, could I plug Glass in while I'm wearing it, running the cord behind my ear and down my back to a battery pack in my pocket?

It might looks ridiculous, but I'd feel better knowing I had the option...

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
If I use the cord that comes with Glass, with the plug that goes at a right angle, could I plug Glass in while I'm wearing it, running the cord behind my ear and down my back to a battery pack in my pocket?

Yes you can and I actually just bought one to do just this for those long days without being near a charger.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: danguyf

danguyf

May 22, 2006
Sorry, I meant that I was ordering Glass! With the new version future-compatible with prescription lenses and the possibility of finessing an external battery pack, my reservations are just muted enough for me to pull the trigger.

I hadn't seen that about the charger. I have an Anker with 3A output. I may have to look into something with fewer amps, I guess?

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
Which pack did you end up buying? I think google recommends using the wall charger that came with the Glass. And that charger charges at .25A. I wonder what the long term effects of charging it at over 1A ? Anyone have any ideas please chime in!

Swear my glass charger said 1A

boomer7638

Aug 8, 2010

I was thinking the same thing, if someone manufactures one of the tiny/thin curly cables like some security detail wears it would be a great combination for glass, I'd just keep the usb battery in a jacket pocket, or even on a hip clip...

With a clip for the neck of your shirt, with a micro usb end, and a USB A connector... I'd be all over it!

strker45

Oct 11, 2010
I do this now, I use a xtreme pax by new Trent

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
Which pack did you end up buying? I think google recommends using the wall charger that came with the Glass. And that charger charges at .25A. I wonder what the long term effects of charging it at over 1A ? Anyone have any ideas please chime in!

The Glass will only charge at the rate that it is capable of charging at. If Glass draws 0.25A when it charges, that's all it will do even if you plug it into something capable of delivering 1 trillion Amps. The charging circuit is in the device, not in the plug you stick in the wall. BTW, same thing with phones/tablets. The important thing is for the plug to be capable of delivering MORE than what the device needs.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
The Glass will only charge at the rate that it is capable of charging at. If Glass draws 0.25A when it charges, that's all it will do even if you plug it into something capable of delivering 1 trillion Amps. The charging circuit is in the device, not in the plug you stick in the wall. BTW, same thing with phones/tablets. The important thing is for the plug to be capable of delivering MORE than what the device needs.

Yup.

I have had GREAT results with an Anker 12000 mAh battery pack and a right-angle MicroUSB cable.

3 foot version of this is great for going to a jacket pocket:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AR6MI6/

Reactions: EnemyOfGlaDOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes you can and I actually just bought one to do just this for those long days without being near a charger.

Yup.

I have had GREAT results with an Anker 12000 mAh battery pack and a right-angle MicroUSB cable.

3 foot version of this is great for going to a jacket pocket:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AR6MI6/