Kingo root failed

Search This thread

PurpleSmash

Feb 15, 2014
SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped :(
any idea?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
SM-N9005
Baseband N9005XXUENA2
Build N9005XXUENA6

tried to root with Kingo, finished the process, saw supersu but when i tried to open it it says supersu not installed and was unable to install.
downloaded root checker it confirms that device has not been rooted. checked odin mode it says KNOX tripped :(
any idea?

Yep, download laterst cf-root and flash with ODIN... You've already tripped Knox (there's no going back from that yet) so you may as well root it properly...

scarcett

Feb 5, 2014
I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...

PurpleSmash

Feb 15, 2014
I think that u r saying "su binary not installed?" Just update your supersu from playstore to the latest version n u are raring to go again...

well, indeed SU binary not installed. however i ran root checker and it says device not rooted so i did the cf-auto root way since KNOX already tripped.