[APP] Rotation Toggler

Search This thread

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Rotation toggler is essentially an auto-rotate screen toggler application that allows you to enable or disable android's auto-rotate feature. This is useful especially when you don't want the screen to change its orientation when say..you're reading an ebook or browsing a site and don't want your browser to change its orientation. Just long press on the search button and select "rotation toggler" or launch the application in your app drawer and toggle the auto-rotation on or off. It is just that simple! Don't forget to try my other free apps. Ad-supported (requires and uses internet connection ONLY if you launch the app via app drawer).

I created this app out of a request from my friend who wants an app to easily toggle the auto-rotation in his nexus one. Thought I'd share this app with the rest of the world, i'm sure someone will find it useful. Enjoy :)

You can download Rotation Toggler along with my other android apps here:
http://slideme.org/user/mlbl

Timmmmmm

Nov 25, 2009
You know there's already a free widget in the market that does this. And it doesn't have ads.

It's called "Autorotate OnOff" by Curvefish.

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Mine is not a widget, its a replacement when u long press on the search button. so its an alternative. For instance you're in adobe reader, you just long press, select the rotation toggler and you're done. With a widget, you'd have to press the home button, toggle the widget.

AaBoyXX

Dec 6, 2009
I wonder whether you could do that it woulden't rotate the home screen, bot like the browser (ect.) would? And so I don't have to switch manual every time.

kkssgg

Jun 11, 2010
buttom customization would be nice (maybe long home press) as search button is being used by couple other apps (Quick Settings, Voice Search)

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
buttom customization would be nice (maybe long home press) as search button is being used by couple other apps (Quick Settings, Voice Search)

Long press Home: Task Switcher
Long press Menu: Show keyboard
Long press Back: Close App/Show History
Long press Search: Voice Search

Most buttons already have a long press function :p

mlbl

May 28, 2010
I wonder whether you could do that it woulden't rotate the home screen, bot like the browser (ect.) would? And so I don't have to switch manual every time.

Actually if i'm not mistaken the stock home screen for most phones won't rotate, at least my n1 doesn't unless you're using a custom home screen like adw or launcher pro. Also this is not possible to disable just one part of the system such as the home screen or the browser. Its either off entirely for all or none at all.

kkssgg > Can't be done for other buttons, apps are not allowed to use other buttons for long pressing as it interfere's with its existing functions (home screen long press - switch apps, menu long press - keyboard, back button long press - well nothing but so far its not possible to long press a back button).

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Thanks! Don't forget to try out my other apps, I believe you will find them useful too. Enjoy :)

AaBoyXX

Dec 6, 2009
Actually if i'm not mistaken the stock home screen for most phones won't rotate, at least my n1 doesn't unless you're using a custom home screen like adw or launcher pro. Also this is not possible to disable just one part of the system such as the home screen or the browser. Its either off entirely for all or none at all.

kkssgg > Can't be done for other buttons, apps are not allowed to use other buttons for long pressing as it interfere's with its existing functions (home screen long press - switch apps, menu long press - keyboard, back button long press - well nothing but so far its not possible to long press a back button).

A, Ok. Thanks, the app is stile great and I will use it for my phone. And yes I'm using luncherPro.

FAndroidHTC

Jun 28, 2010
MN
Thanks a lot man i have been waiting for an app for this, this was the one thing i was jealous of on my girlfriend's iPhone

dexim

Jul 27, 2010
Long press Home: Task Switcher
Long press Menu: Show keyboard
Long press Back: Close App/Show History
Long press Search: Voice Search

Most buttons already have a long press function :p

Actually

long press Menu = Search

never really understood the redundancy. (Well, I guess it's not redundant on the international version without the dedicated search button.)

mlbl

May 28, 2010
Just to notify everyone that my android apps have been added to the android market since Nov 1st 2010. Search for "Malcolm Lim" and you will find my apps there. Enjoy :)

mlbl

May 28, 2010
New version of rotation toggler 1.15 uploaded to android market and slideme market:

http://slideme.org/user/mlbl

New in v1.15:
- New main interface look from app drawer
- Option to display notification icon for easy toggling of rotation
- Fixed several bugs
- Added donate button for donations

egamifx

Jul 9, 2008
Hit me up,

I have an idea for an update that I started to build with app builder, but don't really have time to learn app builder that well although I have a pretty good prototype of how I want it to work... Funny I was using the same rotate icon as your app :)

Maybe we can make some bucks :)