K8 Note repeated sudden switch off.

Search This thread

sreeju1

Feb 14, 2014
I have the K8 Note phone with Android 8 and security path level : 5 March 2019

My phone is switching off unexpectedly and when I switch it on, it boots up to the lock screen and then switch off immediately. This is repeating at different times for different actions and I cant identify a pattern to replicate it. If I keep the phone connected to the charger then this issue doesn't happen. When I remove it from the charger it will switch off when I try to open some app or sometimes when receiving calls or making calls. It also happens when I open the app drawer. I have done a factory reset and also booted to safe mode,but still the issue is there. All these switch offs happened when the phone was not connected to the charger and the battery charge is more the 50%. I am not sure if the phone is showing the correct battery levels. Also I am not sure if any of the google apps is causing this issue. Can someone help me solve this issue?

Last edited:

Kareem walaa

Aug 4, 2019
i also have this problem & many users too after the last oreo update
i try every thing to solve it hard rest , downgrade & custom roms and every thing but does not work ! :(

Reactions: sreeju1

sreeju1

Feb 14, 2014
i try every thing to solve it hard rest , downgrade & custom roms and every thing but does not work ! :(

I didnt try any custom rom. I cannot find any official response from Lenovo about this issue. I will never buy Lenovo products again, and actively discourage people from buying.

kk9999gada

I didnt try any custom rom. I cannot find any official response from Lenovo about this issue. I will never buy Lenovo products again, and actively discourage people from buying.

I had exact same issue. Replacing the battery solved the issue. If you go to Lenovo Service Center, they will tell you that, it is a motherboard issue. But in reality it is a battery issue.

nikhilvnik

Sep 4, 2015
I have the K8 Note phone with Android 8 and security path level : 5 March 2019

My phone is switching off unexpectedly and when I switch it on, it boots up to the lock screen and then switch off immediately. This is repeating at different times for different actions and I cant identify a pattern to replicate it. If I keep the phone connected to the charger then this issue doesn't happen. When I remove it from the charger it will switch off when I try to open some app or sometimes when receiving calls or making calls. It also happens when I open the app drawer. I have done a factory reset and also booted to safe mode,but still the issue is there. All these switch offs happened when the phone was not connected to the charger and the battery charge is more the 50%. I am not sure if the phone is showing the correct battery levels. Also I am not sure if any of the google apps is causing this issue. Can someone help me solve this issue?

i have lenovo k8 note device one of them was date 1 month ago and another had same issue bootloop kinda since yesterday, i had manage to flash rom but after that same boot loop issue, i dont know waht to do

sauravsaka

Aug 14, 2015
Can replacing battery solve the issue

Please tell me my k8 note switch off problem solve with new battery?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

I had exact same issue. Replacing the battery solved the issue. If you go to Lenovo Service Center, they will tell you that, it is a motherboard issue. But in reality it is a battery issue.

Can it solve switch off issue please tell

kk9999gada

Please tell me my k8 note switch off problem solve with new battery?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Can it solve switch off issue please tell

Yes, if your phone doesn't switch off when connected to charger and switches off suddenly as soon as you unplug or after a few minutes. Then probably the battery is at fault and needs to be replaced.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.