Butterfly...

Search This thread

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Got this thing today. Was looking for a butterfly sub forum but I don't think there is one...Got the white version lets see if it pass my week test lol. I tend to go back to the xiaomi mi2
egeganyn.jpg

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Nope. There is a butterfly which is this one. J butterfly is the Japanese. I think butterfly its made for the Hong Kong market.

I have the x920e which is the one for the Chinese market. There are 4 models that I know of (US, Taiwan, Japan, China). Go to settings, about, software info, what does say under "software number"?

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
I have the x920e which is the one for the Chinese market. There are 4 models that I know of (US, Taiwan, Japan, China). Go to settings, about, software info, what does say under "software number"?

Mine is the x920d
yqatazu8.jpg

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
800$ for a device? DAYUM! Ill stick to my DNA lol

Yep, in China it retails for 4,799RMB (which is about $770 USD). In the US we can get good deals on phones because the carriers subsidize them. In China and other parts of the world no subsidies exist (at least not in the same fashion they do in the US).

bluefoam

Jul 26, 2011
Dublin/Dubai
I'll be joining you guys today. I just ordered a Butterfly, I presume its a grey import (I'm living in the UAE). I'm a bit worried about battery life as I travel allot on business... How have you found the battery life?

Am I right to think that the Butterfly doesn't have the wireless charging of the DNA?

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
I'll be joining you guys today. I just ordered a Butterfly, I presume its a grey import (I'm living in the UAE). I'm a bit worried about battery life as I travel allot on business... How have you found the battery life?

Am I right to think that the Butterfly doesn't have the wireless charging of the DNA?

It's not that bad. It can last u a full day of you not on your phone all day lol.

bluefoam

Jul 26, 2011
Dublin/Dubai
Just a quick query... I have the phone set up now and its all good so far. However, is there supposed to be an NFC app on the phone? I guess not as it is possibly something that is controlled by the tags...

I ask, because there is nothing on the box saying NFC and there is nothing to indicate its on the phone. I suppose I'll just have to get some tags to test it.

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Just a quick query... I have the phone set up now and its all good so far. However, is there supposed to be an NFC app on the phone? I guess not as it is possibly something that is controlled by the tags...

I ask, because there is nothing on the box saying NFC and there is nothing to indicate its on the phone. I suppose I'll just have to get some tags to test it.

On the x920e there is a NFC app but it seems to be some type of chinese crapware that I just haven't frozen yet. In settings, go to More - there should be a NFC option. If I tick the box next to it the letter "N" appear in the status bar next to the wifi icon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working in China and bought this phone recently without realizing that there is no Google Play but instead factory load "HTC marketplace" with Chinese apps (copied into Chinese version). Contacted HTC China technical support, they only said sorry and sorry this phone cannot have Google Play and for China users only......

The software information
    Android 4.1.1
    HTC Sense 4+
    Software No. 1.0.0.X920e
    HTC SDK API level 4.64
    HTC Extention version HTCExtention_Sense45_4
    Kernel 3.4.10-g15e6480 root@abm016 #1 SMP PREEMPT
    Baseband vrsion 32A.21.306.10_10.04.1060.01D
    Build no 1/08.1400.6 CL138781 release-keys
    Browser version WebKit/534.30

Can experts help me how to load Google Play? I am not tech savvy.....

Yes, China has disgraced Android by removing all Google apps from their devices. I'm not even sure you can call a device Android without Google Apps. China should be ***** slapped for crippling the device in this fashion.

Anyway, this is why XDA exists. To get google apps follow the instructions below. Should take you about 10 minutes to complete. Thanks to Red_Trala for the writeup.

Post #26 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2070341&page=3
    HTC Global site official reply...

Thank you for contacting HTC.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Since your handset is shipping to China. As you know, for some business reason Google do not serve for China any more. Then Chinese Government won’t allow Google apps installed in the handset. In the Android system, HTC won’t install the Google play store for the device which is shipping to China. Because all the software in the HTC handset need to be verified by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China. So we are very sorry to say that we can’t help you to install the Google Play. If you want to download some apps which you can’t found in HTC marketplace , may be you can try to search on the other website. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Have a nice day!
    UNQUOTE

BTW, I have 3 other HTC Sensation (with Chinese SIM/Nos), One X and One X+ (bought in Malaysia) and the Google Play Store work fine here except that I just can't connect the Facebook, YouTube and those banned in China. When returning to Malaysia they are normalise. This crap about Chinese Ministry is b/s and that would just encourage foreigners bringing their own phones or buy foreign phones from gery market, that's help the economy....

That's why I unlocked and rooted the device. And for youtube and facebook, a good VPN will fix that. On the bright side China could require all devices be shipped with an encrypted bootloader. So at least the option is still available to root and get google play on the device.
    Actually, no too bad. I've heard someone saying it's possible to watch full hd movies for more than 4 hours.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app