Advent Vega Dock

Search This thread

breakthru_sep

Nov 29, 2010
Has anybody seen the Advent Vega Dock being sold outside the UK? I've only seen PC World and Dixons having the dock in stock and they don't ship it to where I live...

Nargillas

May 23, 2011
Advent Vega is UK model. Rest of the Europe call it Mobii Point of View Tegra 10". They are the same inside, only logo on the back is different.

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
but i would guess that the dock is the same to both tablets, i got one and it has 3 USB 1 HDMI 1 headphones (stereoplug) and a powerplug.

and it looks like this

TAB-100A-01.JPG

So buying a dockingstation for a PoV Mobii 10 would work just as well as trying to get one from the U.K.

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010
Anyone find a Vega Dock "IN" the UK right now, cant find one online or in the store i tried ..

inforce

Nov 4, 2005
I must of been really lucky on Sunday when I bought my Vega at Pcworld Chelmsford cos there was a dock sitting on the shelf below!!!!

Sorry to say it was the only one left :(

Reactions: loui1986

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010
I must of been really lucky on Sunday when I bought my Vega at Pcworld Chelmsford cos there was a dock sitting on the shelf below!!!!

Good to know, guess i have to trawl all stores nearby to check if we have any on shelves .. there is none on the websites and the currys store i was in the other day did a check for the dock in stock then checked pcworld stock levels and told me there was none... Given your result its worth a look i think... Failing that i may take a chance on one for the Pov Mobii 10 dock shipped from europe and see if that works..

m1ch4el_mc

Jul 29, 2010
Corby
I have been trying to get a dock for the vega for weeks but PC World etc were of no help so after a bit of investigation I found that the viewsonic viewpad 10s dock was the same as the vega, There are several company's on the net selling them. I got mine from cbccomputers.com for only £20.10 and they do free p&p for orders over £10

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Reactions: soopahfly

soopahfly

Oct 28, 2005
Sheffield
I have been trying to get a dock for the vega for weeks but PC World etc were of no help so after a bit of investigation I found that the viewsonic viewpad 10s dock was the same as the vega, There are several company's on the net selling them. I got mine from cbccomputers.com for only £20.10 and they do free p&p for orders over £10

Cheers for that, I just picked one up.
http://store.cbccomputers.com/products.asp?partno=VPAD-DOCK-001

Cass67

Jan 19, 2010

Thanks, i just ordered one from there too :)

Edit: meh they sent a mail telling me it was out of stock.. hunt continues.

Last edited:

d1dd1

Oct 15, 2010
Just bought the mobile tegra docking station here in Germany for 28 Euro.

It is identical with the Vega

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk

idaho999

Feb 11, 2009
Portland Area
Available in CZ

Hey all, just found the dock available in the Czech Republic also.
m.zbozi.cz/prehled-nabidek?sort=favourite&showPay=0&en=0&showSort=0&showFilters=0&backAction=%2F&minPrice=0&showAvail=0&expand=0&count=0&q=point%20of%20view%20dock&position=0&sznu=----------------&pId=720078&maxPrice=0&send=i&tempOffset=0&cPath=0&iPhoneGen=0&changePage=0#body

If anyone needs help with sites about shipping, just let me know. :)

Pai.Tincho

Jun 30, 2011
Bs As
Working on viewpad 10s?

Hello people,
Does anyone know if this dock is for the viewpad 10s?
Since I read in many places that this viewpad is a clon of the vega tablet but haven´t confirmed that for 100%.

thanks in advance

d1dd1

Oct 15, 2010
Hello people,
Since I read in many places that this viewpad is a clon of the vega tablet but haven´t confirmed that for 100%.

thanks in advance

Yes, I'm running the Viewpad 10s with the Mobii Tegra docking station.

The docking stations don't have a maufacturer label like Advent / POV / Viewsonic, they are all identical

Reactions: Pai.Tincho

luke2020

Nov 8, 2009
1080p

Could someone with a dock please tell me whether it allows 1080p video playback through its hdmi socket, because as far as I am aware the vega's hdmi only outputs at the same resolution as the screen (1024*600 I think) which would mean video playback on a tv would be limited to this. The reason I am asking is because on the currys website it says in the technical specification of the dock, "connect to your tv with 1080p video playback", however I suspect that this is a inaccuracy, and that the hdmi socket on the dock is indentical in its output to that of the vega's own hdmi socket.
Thanks very much

MarkyG82

Oct 26, 2010
Just picked up a dock yesterday from curries digital an crawley. dont have access to a hd tv till the w'end so will test then if I remember.

Apart from that Im happy as the USB outlets can chage my phone too :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello people,

thanks in advance

Yes, I'm running the Viewpad 10s with the Mobii Tegra docking station.

The docking stations don't have a maufacturer label like Advent / POV / Viewsonic, they are all identical