HTC TyTN FieldTest application [Engineering / Monitor Mode]

Search This thread

ghl10000

Dec 20, 2005
Austria
Watch out for this link:
http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=59464

So finally it's available now.

However on my TyTN only values for RSSI (field strength) and RXqual are showing up.

I'm sure we will be able to fix that with the help of this kind guy, who shared this application with us [I hope he is responding].

Assumably some registry keys have to be set to invoke display of all parameters.

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Re: HTC TyTN FieldTest application [Engineering / Monitor Mo

eva_d said:
could you post some screenshots of this application?

Here they are:

Attachments

• fieldtest1.png
    fieldtest1.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • fieldtest2.png
    fieldtest2.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,396

rfmanganaro

Dec 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur and Venice
Hi,

I have doopod 838pro, i was trying to connect it with the QPST/QXDM (qualcom diagnostic software installed on leptop) but i cannot as the phone is detected as HTC Modem and not as dignostic COM port. Do you know if there is any driver/software/command for open the dignostic port for detect it as COM on the device manager?Any idea or other solution?

Thanks a lot,

Dukas

Feb 8, 2004
Tel Aviv
Hi,
Im not sure you'll be able to do that.
The Qualcomm's MSM chipset on the Hermes handle the radio while the applications handled by a different processor (Samsung), unlike what is happening on feature phones.
The data-com connector is controlled by the application processor so no Q's communication is available :-(

Happy new year from the Holyland.

eva_d

Jan 2, 2006
Zielona Gora (PL)
dawid.lorenz.co
The Qualcomm's MSM chipset on the Hermes handle the radio while the applications handled by a different processor (Samsung), unlike what is happening on feature phones.
The data-com connector is controlled by the application processor so no Q's communication is available :-(

HOWEVER, TomTom came yesterday with some kind of help in that matter. when TomTom asks you to configure external GPS receiver, it also lists all available COM ports. guess what - one of the ports was described as 'RIL on COM6:' - ha! i'm guessing, RIL is accessible through that port, but usual AT commands don't work, so there must be some other way of doing it...

austin_boy

Sep 22, 2006
Try these two drivers. tell me the results

:)

Attachments

• qcusbmdm.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 536
  • qcusbser.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 412

austin_boy

Sep 22, 2006
It will enable the QPST/QXDM (qualcom diagnostic software) to talk to hermes
This software can extract tons of info from the qualcomm chipset

:)

rfmanganaro

Dec 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur and Venice
Thanks austin,
I am having some problems on the drivers installation you provided (i don`t know how and where install those) Can you help me?
Drivers for mobile or laptop?
How and where should i install it?
Sorry to disturb you again and Really thanks a lot,

rfmanganaro

Dec 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur and Venice
You can buy the software from Qualcomm, this software is used for Radio network optimization and mobile test/debugs, not sure if it is available somewhere in the web.To this software you can connect any qualcomm chipset mobile and monitor all L1,l2 and L3messages, record, show and record radio measurements for HSDPA,R99 and off course connect true GPS for g data collection.Is something similar (but much more complete than the TEMS, COUEI, NETMIZER, NEMO.....)

irvsys

Jun 23, 2006
But how do we install the drivers?

The files posted contain SYS files.

These are sys files but the Modem in the Hermes has its own driver already.

If you try to do an 'update driver' and point to a directory with these sys files in it, they don't work.

I think you also need a .inf file to go with these, or alternatively, mabe there is something needed in the Hermes to start up the modem in a different way.

Any ideas?

rfmanganaro

Dec 22, 2006
Kuala Lumpur and Venice
Hi irvis, austin,

I tryied but it doesn`t work by updtae HTC modem driver (the .inf file is requested).
Austin, can you provide the .inf file or any other idea of how to install it?
i am sure is possible,

Thanks a lot!