[ROM]The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies/stable - d2att

Search This thread

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
so i havent seen this posted anywhere and ive flashed it myself. (bootanimation is a little crewy but overall pretty dang good rom!) I am not the developer of this nor did i have anything to do with the making of this rom at all! i just came across it and wanted to pass it on! :good: :D so with all that said: :)

MAIN LINK TO THREAD AND THIS THRED HAS SCREENSHOTS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2158482 please give thanks to dev if u like this ROM!

The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
* ORCASettings
* DPI Settings (Xposed)
* Rom Updates
* OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
* PIE! (Paranoid Android)
* Profiles
* Performance Control
* ORCA Wallpapers
* Themes
* Lock Screen Settings
* Chronus
* Sound Recorder
* Device Parts for Available Devices
* Expandable Sound Settings
* NFC Profiles
* DSP Manager and Apollo Player
* Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
* DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
* AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
* Build Prop Tweaks
* Init.d Tweaks
* NFC Polling
* Quiet Hours
* Headset Music App Launch
* CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
* GOO Manager Pre Installed
* ORCA STATS
* Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
* Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
* additional stuff I forgot to mention.
* Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA D2ATT DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_d2att.html
http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/d2att
GAPPS

Last edited:

Abskurity

Aug 30, 2010
Dirty Waters,CT
Moto G 5G
This Looks Pretty good.i might flash it,but i wanna see how others experiences are first.i definitely like how theyre tryna package everything together.cant go wrong there.

AT&T Galaxy S3
Tasks AOKP 3/10
KT Kernel

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
I was going to, but I didn't hear back from drew. He's never on xda these days...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Threezees

Dec 28, 2010
He's just throwing it out there, he didn't take any credit for it. I would think they would want people running their ROM, let the mods handle that part. That's their job, not ours. If there's a problem, it will be handled and lesson learned. The burned hand teaches best.

Sent from my Slimmed I747.

Reactions: Deliberate

xcwjxc

Feb 22, 2011
just flashed...stuck on the screen says "Samsung Galaxy S3" right now...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

manske90

Mar 6, 2009
Arizona
On this ROM after seeing this thread. Currently on the latest nightly and I am LOVING it, coming from the PACMan rom. My only issue so far is the MMS Theme options not sticking for the actual conversation view. Can't get alternating colors to stick. Background will change, conversation list colors will change... just not the single conversation view. Gonna try the milestone version and see if that fixes it.

supraknight

Aug 20, 2012
DrewGaren acknowledges this thread on his website

If you read his blog he said he only has a few forums made, but if you head over to the XDA link at the top you can see the unofficial d2att orca thread that will bring you here. Hopefully when milestone 2 is released he'll make an official debut of Project Orca for us.

That being said it was pretty smooth and very customizable. I ran the milestone for a few days but I found a lot of my apps I restored with tibu would fc and I couldn't get the play store to work at all. I tried to clear cache/ dalvik, clear play stores cache and even update to the latest nightly but still no go. I had to go back to a different ROM but I still miss what he incorporated In to it.

Tazzyez

Feb 25, 2007
So Far So Good

I have been following Drew for awhile and I do not normally post, but I have had this as my daily driver (1.08 AT&T) for a few days now with no issues that I have found. Everything works well and I have no ideas of a change anytime soon. People should check out his work and support him if they can. I read on his page he will be out of town for a week making a nightly postponed until he returns. Looking forward to his next Milestone.

Reactions: tobesedated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i havent seen this posted anywhere and ive flashed it myself. (bootanimation is a little crewy but overall pretty dang good rom!) I am not the developer of this nor did i have anything to do with the making of this rom at all! i just came across it and wanted to pass it on! :good: :D so with all that said: :)

MAIN LINK TO THREAD AND THIS THRED HAS SCREENSHOTS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2158482 please give thanks to dev if u like this ROM!

The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA D2ATT DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_d2att.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/d2att
    GAPPS
    He's just throwing it out there, he didn't take any credit for it. I would think they would want people running their ROM, let the mods handle that part. That's their job, not ours. If there's a problem, it will be handled and lesson learned. The burned hand teaches best.

Sent from my Slimmed I747.
    Please be aware you will not get support for this ROM in this thread.

Wayne Tech S-III
    So Far So Good

I have been following Drew for awhile and I do not normally post, but I have had this as my daily driver (1.08 AT&T) for a few days now with no issues that I have found. Everything works well and I have no ideas of a change anytime soon. People should check out his work and support him if they can. I read on his page he will be out of town for a week making a nightly postponed until he returns. Looking forward to his next Milestone.
    This is definitely one of the best ROM's and it is maintained by a DEV with high standards and a whole lot of decency. There's a whole lot of people who would like his work and should maybe check him out on Google+ or his site and just see what he has brewing now.....
    https://plus.google.com/communities/100528296248095721785?partnerid=ogpy0