Skype sound output problem

Search This thread

Hrvoje

Apr 30, 2006
All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

jigners

Apr 27, 2009
Swansea
All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

try viber.

picachux

Apr 30, 2008
Los Angeles
I just used this like 2hrs ago, Toggle the mic button. I thinks it's a red icon, I've had this problem before. If not then try clearing the data. Let's us know.

Hrvoje

Apr 30, 2006
Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).

Goldenrooster

Oct 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).

I have the excact same issue on mY Sensation. Seems to be a bug...