[Q] Choosing the right phone

Search This thread

flexray

May 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm proud user of LG Optimus P990, fond of Django Manouche ROMs. Right now i must choose one of 3 phones. As I'm LG fan, the G2 Mini would be a nice shot as it looks as the freshest one from three below:
1. LG G2 mini LTE
2. Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE
3. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 LTE

Could You please help me and post some pros/cons for the above list? I'm considering rooted custom ROMs. I didn't see any for G2 mini for now...

Thanks in advance!

kingblade20

Nov 29, 2010
after my first hands-on, i observed that g2 mini's screen display isn't that good, i felt that there's a big gap between the touch layer of the screen and the display itself, which might also be the reason why the contrast isn't that good when you tilt the viewing angle.

flexray

May 8, 2014
...i felt that there's a big gap between the touch layer of the screen and the display itself, which might also be the reason why the contrast isn't that good when you tilt the viewing angle.

Thanks, maybe the Gorilla2 feels this way?
What about screen responsiveness, does it feel smooth or laggy?
Is 1GB RAM enough?

Most of apps are single core and i didn't find any single-core comparisons... Does G2 Mini CPU - Quad A7 at 1,2GHz (MSM8926 Snapdragon 400) offer similar single-core performance to S4 Mini Dual Core 1,7GHz Krait (MSM8930 Snapdragon 400)?

kingblade20

Nov 29, 2010
it was smooth. of course the single core performance will surely win, g2 mini only has the power efficient as compared to th krait 300 of s4 mini.
benchmark wise, they are close to each other. s400 used here is enough for most applications and games.

anyway, gorilla glass used on high end phones are almost zero gap, this is the only disadvantage i saw on g2 mini as midrange phone, unsatisfied.

flexray

May 8, 2014
So i've chosen LG G2 Mini.
Runs smooth, screen is clear, colors nice. Only thing I've seen so far is that sometimes i'm unable to end the call, seems like the lack of response from screen.
Thanks for replies!

ermond012

Jul 6, 2013
Malabon City
after my first hands-on, i observed that g2 mini's screen display isn't that good, i felt that there's a big gap between the touch layer of the screen and the display itself, which might also be the reason why the contrast isn't that good when you tilt the viewing angle.

I got to agree with the screen response. Sometimes it's responding sometimes it's not though hopefully it'll get resolved on the next update.

Sent from my LG-D618 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app