[Q] Gs5 active soft break

Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
I recently rooted my s5 acttive and eveythign was workign great so I tried out he s5 tool kit to remoe the bloatware it froze up and now I can not my phone reboots into the att flash screen then freezes half way I treid to use this guid

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785185

but odin keeps failing can anyone offer any help?

what error/where does it hang at? are the active and retail s5 the same firmware? more details please

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: levytheman91

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
what error/where does it hang at? are the active and retail s5 the same firmware? more details please

When trying to reboot theres no error just gets stuck on att loadup screen. In odin fails after nand write start
on the phone it says sys recovery check fail :no version
SECURE MAGICCODE CHECK FAIL : boot

my guess is I need the gs5 active firmware but I cant find it anywhere any suggestions?

Im guessing the phone isnt letting the firmware go through because its meant for a different mode.

thank you for the quick response

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
When trying to reboot theres no error just gets stuck on att loadup screen. In odin fails after nand write start

my guess is I need the gs5 active firmware but I cant find it anywhere any suggestions?

Im guessing the phone isnt letting the firmware go through because its meant for a different mode.

i would look on sammobile or try kies

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
Neither have the firmware yet

Is it safe to assume that the product name shown in download mode is the same name as the firmware because if so, the firmware is sm-g870a and I can not find that anywhere.
Also would it be reasonable to request the firmware in the general android section?

Last edited:

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Is it safe to assume that the product name shown in download mode is the same name as the firmware because if so, the firmware is sm-g870a and I can not find that anywhere.
Also would it be reasonable to request the firmware in the general android section?
That's the name, but you may have a difficult time finding that firmware, if at all.

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
Ill asume they will get the stock firmware soon

Im in the same boat, hangs on the ATT logo. tried the download booster mod and i think I'm screwed.

Ya thats what happens when wedicide to be guinea pigs. I assume the in the coming weeks someone will upload the firmware to kies or sammobile soon then it'll be just a odin flash away. So hang in there:D also if you find something before me please post it here id really appreciate it.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Is it safe to assume that eventually the firmware will be extracted and available on sammobile or keis?

yes.. or if you know anyone with knowledge of phones they might b able to pull it from there device.. i kno how to decompile a tar n create a zip but this wouldnt help you.. im sure theyll hafta have a tar eventually for situations like yours.. at least now you know that you have a different phone than the att s5 and a completely different model number..

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
yes.. or if you know anyone with knowledge of phones they might b able to pull it from there device.. i kno how to decompile a tar n create a zip but this wouldnt help you.. im sure theyll hafta have a tar eventually for situations like yours.. at least now you know that you have a different phone than the att s5 and a completely different model number..

could you maybe direct me to a tutorial on how its done? I know one other person with a gs5 active. thank you for the response.

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
Im in the same boat, hangs on the ATT logo. tried the download booster mod and i think I'm screwed.

Alright so I just called samsung this morning and the representative told me that its just a reflash and they will do it....personally I think she's wrong but I recorded the call and she sent me a free shipping label and everything so ya. try to call att you never know what might just happen. As soon as I get it back though i'm having someone/anyone help me pull the firmware off the phone.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Alright so I just called samsung this morning and the representative told me that its just a reflash and they will do it....personally I think she's wrong but I recorded the call and she sent me a free shipping label and everything so ya. try to call att you never know what might just happen. As soon as I get it back though i'm having someone/anyone help me pull the firmware off the phone.

yea youd hafta search around on how to do it.. it is just a software reflash thats needed.. you should have asked where the odin tar for your device is at so u could reflash yourself using odin n saw if they had one anywhere

quick4321

Nov 11, 2012
I recent purchased the sm-870a (ATT S5 Active). I'd be happy to dump my firmware if anyone still needs it. My only request is that someone who is a mod point me to the preferred tool/procedure and also verify the dump does not have any personally identifiable information on it. Id hate to find out that I dumped private keys or passwords or some other tid bit that allowed someone to screw up my account. (FIRST POST):laugh: I do infosec for a living so I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever instructions you guys recommend, Just trying to give back a little to the site that has taught me Android.

levytheman91

Jun 9, 2014
I recent purchased the sm-870a (ATT S5 Active). I'd be happy to dump my firmware if anyone still needs it. My only request is that someone who is a mod point me to the preferred tool/procedure and also verify the dump does not have any personally identifiable information on it. Id hate to find out that I dumped private keys or passwords or some other tid bit that allowed someone to screw up my account. (FIRST POST):laugh: I do infosec for a living so I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever instructions you guys recommend, Just trying to give back a little to the site that has taught me Android.
Ahh if only I saw this 6 hours ago I just sent my phone into samsung to get it fixed. I think that many many people would appreciate you if you were to do so. you should probably make your own thread for this, there's definitely someone who will be willing to help you. if you manage to do it thank you.

Sgt.CM

Apr 8, 2013
I have the G870A as well. I got stuck on the boot logo after root but held the power button to force a reboot. You could have also forced a reboot to recovery and tried to wipe cache and reboot. If I get into this problem again I'll let everyone know how I got out of it.

jojojohnson7410

Jun 5, 2010
Freehold, NJ

Hey, not sure if this will help, but it looks to be a start...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=264947724

It'll allow us to basically dump the partitions in our phones. However, there's no way I can think of to turn this into an Odin tar file (unless its as easy as compressing as tar?) but this might still be useful :) If I see anything else, I'll let you guys know

D3c0Y

Feb 18, 2008
Yes please if you could extract the firmware that would be awesome!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently rooted my s5 acttive and eveythign was workign great so I tried out he s5 tool kit to remoe the bloatware it froze up and now I can not my phone reboots into the att flash screen then freezes half way I treid to use this guid

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785185

but odin keeps failing can anyone offer any help?

Unfortunately, the active is not compatible with that tutorial's firmware.