[TUTORIAL]How to make your own boot animations (with sound if you want)

Search This thread

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV

jaredw444

May 18, 2012
STL(Hustle City)
and again, photoshop does the best multiple photo resizing... u can just do 10k of pics resizing in one click....

watch the tutorial in here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBXB9I4DlpE
;)

Dumb question sorry I have a already made boot image but wrong screen size can I change the photos thru this to work with my phone.?? I tried thru the desc.txt but maybe I just rezipped wrong

Thanks
Dee da dee

Sent from my VM670 using xda app-developers app

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Dumb question sorry I have a already made boot image but wrong screen size can I change the photos thru this to work with my phone.?? I tried thru the desc.txt but maybe I just rezipped wrong

Thanks
Dee da dee

well, of course, u can use photoshop to resize, modify. convert photos..etc, just watch the tutorial i posted..

and make sure to put ''Store'' in the compression method if you're using WINRAR or any other kind of archiving software...

save as .zip not .rar

u can also modify the resolution & fps (framePerSecond) in decs.txt (but always save a copy of ur original before u overwrite....

if u do that carefully ur bootanimation will work in ur phone properly :)

jaredw444

May 18, 2012
STL(Hustle City)
well, of course, u can use photoshop to resize, modify. convert photos..etc, just watch the tutorial i posted..

and make sure to put ''Store'' in the compression method if you're using WINRAR or any other kind of archiving software...

save as .zip not .rar

u can also modify the resolution & fps (framePerSecond) in decs.txt (but always save a copy of ur original before u overwrite....

if u do that carefully ur bootanimation will work in ur phone properly :)

Thanks so when I rezip do I do anything special or just regular

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Thanks so when I rezip do I do anything special or just regular

okay, i took a screenshot to show u how to compress a bootanimation...

follow the red arrows when you'd like to save ur bootanimation

1 the name
2 the compression extension
3 the compression method

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: jaredw444

Stoetel

Aug 19, 2013
No sound :(

Is there anyone with bootsound? Someone who worked it?
I have A Sony Xony Xperia J ST26i. I have a different boot animation. And followed each step for boot sound.
How to save the mp3 file? Mono Stereo? What bps? Which frequency?
Maybe someone knows the answer.

pomaxelsson

Jul 21, 2012
Can someone make this bootanimation work with sound?
It's for my Galaxy Gio, can't make it work.

Thanx ;)

Attachments

• Bootanimation+sound.zip
    394.4 KB · Views: 27

spotrevoc

Sep 1, 2013
does this work with desc.txt?

Does the bootsound method work with sounds set in desc.txt within bootanimation.zip?

spotrevoc

Sep 1, 2013
no boot sound with liquidsmooth

I don't think so. I might be wrong though, so try it. :)

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk -

I'd rather not mess with init.rc if I don't have to.

For anyone interested, I tried replacing liquidsmooth's /system/bin/bootanimation binary with the stock android bootanimation binary but got some errors relating to missing libraries. Looks like liquidsmooth currently just doesn't have the ability to natively play boot sounds. Maybe in the future they will include support for boot sound in the ROM.

Last edited:

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
You need to mount the system as R/W before performing the operation.

good answer, but i'm a bootanimation maker, so u don't think so that my system isn't mounted ;)

in my threads i always insist on users to check ROOT and SYSTEM MOUNT before throwing the bootanim in media folder... anyway! so, it's not about system mount!

as u saw the screen error i got, what it could be else except than what u thought?

thanks for help :)

ganjar1989

Sep 3, 2010
Tangerang
www.microvidia.co.cc
boot sound not working on jelly bean 4.3

is anyone can help me with boot sound on jelly bean 4.3?
i have try with anything but this is not working
my devices is tilapia
i have try with like this
720 1280 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
s bootanim.mp3
and rebuild with winrar and compression method is zip and store
only animation that's working but sound is not...
how to make it's work?:crying:
thanks
:laugh:

keifus.rahn

Jun 30, 2013
Midland Tx
is anyone can help me with boot sound on jelly bean 4.3?
i have try with anything but this is not working
my devices is tilapia
i have try with like this
720 1280 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
s bootanim.mp3
and rebuild with winrar and compression method is zip and store
only animation that's working but sound is not...
how to make it's work?:crying:
thanks

*]Adding new boot animation using dsixda's Android Kitchen
1) Download and extract the bootanimation and samsungani file from Custom Booting.zip. http://www.mediafire.com/?giutirau5rkim51
2) Put them in the /system/bin folder and replace the existing files there
3) Now download any boot animation, and rename the bootanimation to “sanim.zip”.
4) Now, navigate to /system/media and replace the “ODEanim” with “sanim.zip”
You are done with the bootanimation change.

ganjar1989

Sep 3, 2010
Tangerang
www.microvidia.co.cc
*]Adding new boot animation using dsixda's Android Kitchen
1) Download and extract the bootanimation and samsungani file from Custom Booting.zip. http://www.mediafire.com/?giutirau5rkim51
2) Put them in the /system/bin folder and replace the existing files there
3) Now download any boot animation, and rename the bootanimation to “sanim.zip”.
4) Now, navigate to /system/media and replace the “ODEanim” with “sanim.zip”
You are done with the bootanimation change.

Thanks Dude...
i will try it...
i will reported it back if this work or not...
Edited :
i have follow your instructions but my boot animation is blank screen and after that i'm going to home screen.
i have rename booanimation.zip to sanim.zip at system/media wiht permissions is rw-r-r, extract and moved samsungani and bootanimation to system/bin with permissions rw-rw-rw
if i'm run from terminal with samsungani, i got error found like this
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: could not load library "libsurfaceflinger_client.so"
is anything else to try?
sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This method is tested and it works on CM7 ROMs and AOSP ROMs. I don't guarantee that it will work for stock ROMs (The ROM that came with your device)!

Xperia X8 users with cm6 0.25-follow this guide: http://se-lifestyle.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5947

Introducion
    Hi guys!
    Today, I'm going to teach you how to make your own boot animations. Please read this thread carefully to the end, in order to succeed in making your boot animation.

Requirements:
    -A photo-editing program (GIMP and Photoshop are the best), which can save pictures in .png format
    -A text editor (everyone has that)
    -An archive-managing program (Power Archiver, WinZip), that is capable of making .zip archives

Tutorial:
    1. Create part0 and part1 folders (in this folders, the frames of the boot animation are stored. Usually, there are only 2 parts in a boot animation, but you can add as many as you want. The frames in the part0 folder are usually repeated once, and the frames in part1 folder are usually looped several times, or infinite.)
    2. Draw every frame of your boot animation manually (save every frame as you do it. Save the first one as 10001.png, the second one as 10002.png, and so on. Save them in the part0 and part1 folders - the frames in part0 folder will be showed only once, and the frames in part1 folder will be looped. But, you can change that if you want. Changing the looping property will be discussed in the following steps. WARNING: ALWAYS SAVE THE FRAMES IN .PNG OR .JPG FORMAT!)
    3. Make a desc.txt file in the directory where the part0 and part1 folders are and edit it as following:
    320 480 30
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1
    (The numbers 320 and 480 is the resolution of your boot animation. Change them as you want. The number 30 means the speed of the animation. Speed set to 30 is good for me. Then, the "p 1 0 part0" property means that the frames in part0 folder will be repeated once - you point that with the first number in the "p 1 0 part0" property, which in this case is 1. The second number is the delay between loops, and it's expressed in milliseconds (1000ms = 1s). I've set it to 0 because I don't want to be any delay between my loops (p 1 0 part0). And last, but not least, you set the folder with the folder name - in this case is part0. Then, you type the property for the part1 folder - that's "p 0 0 part1". The first "0" means that the folder will be looping infinite times, the second "0" means there's no delay between loops, and then we set the folder to part1. Note: if you have more folders, you'll have to write properties for them too! WARNING: DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE AN EMPTY LINE AT THE END OF THE DESC.TXT FILE!)
    4. Compress the folders and the desc.txt file in a zip file (WARNING: MAKE SURE YOUR COMPRESSION METHOD IS STORE! OTHERWISE, THE BOOT ANIMATION WON'T WORK!)
    5. Open your new boot animation and check the folders, if there are Thumbs.db files. If there are Thumbs.db files in your boot animation, delete them from the archive.
    6. Install your boot animation on your device with one of the following methods:

Root Explorer method:
    1. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation
    2. Put it on your SD card
    3. Open Root Explorer and copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media. This will replace the existing boot animation
    4. Reboot your phone

ADB method:
    1. Make sure you have downloaded android sdk
    2. Put android sdk in C:\
    3. Set the directory of command prompt to C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools. Click here for a video tutorial.
    4. Rename your boot animation to bootanimation and put it in C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    5. Open cmd
    6. Type in order:
    -adb remount
    -adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    -adb reboot

7. Enjoy your new boot animation!

Note: It's far easier to create and install boot animations with my program Boot Animation Factory. Oh, and you can preview them on your computer too!

How to add sound (all courtesy of colpophage)(UPDATED!!):

1. Download this shell script:
    http://db.tt/HffJqg8P

2. Place bootsnd.sh in /sdcard

3. Run terminal emulator, and execute the following:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh bootsnd.sh

4. Use a rooted file manager and navigate to /system/bin, and verify that there is now a file called bootsound there, and it has 777 (rwxrwxrwx) permissions. Modify the permissions to 777 if needed.

5. Place your desired sound file, renaming it android_audio.mp3, in /system/media.

5.1 For the original quietly brilliant sound, download: http://db.tt/Oy20ZqT (remember to rename it).

5.2 I now put custom boot animations into /system/media as well, and this is my favorite so far: http://db.tt/LMkqs3f (rename to just bootanimation.zip).

6. Reboot and enjoy.

Video tutorial:

Common mistakes that people make:
    -Wrong compression method: you MUST set the compression method to Store!
    -Missing empty line at the end of the desc.txt file: an empty line is needed! Otherwise, the boot animation won't work!
    -Frames drawn in wrong color mode: you MUST draw your frames in RGB 8bit or RGB 16bit COLOR MODE!
    Some of my boot animations

Broken Glass---------------------------------Google Chrome---------------------------------Android Loading
    brokenglass_bootanimation.gif
    google_chrome_bootanimation.gif
    30b28e67abba6c10241a1d392604e33220bc7a91b496bf574f5112c0660c6d155g.jpg

CyanogenMod Green---------------------------------Falling Droids---------------------------------Charging
    3e1928e48d7a21d7a1793afabcf8bd9974b8a43d9fd11715a83497094608a1e75g.jpg
    74f40195b9ef904ff38ab4210d823e8d741c698f360aaabf6620ce82625e1b966g.jpg
    dc114826d6f328eae0062b9b1d48a694d9661f5db54b6e178c9c0fe81e64769c5g.jpg

Android & Apples
    e1dc6154b80cb0b8131399d49a9142e5faae45246e40f320857523fcbb5c6b7c5g.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Downloads:
    (Click the names to get the downloads)
    Broken Glass
    Google Chrome
    Android Loading
    CyanogenMod Green
    Falling Droids
    Charging
    Android & Apples
    How do I set winzip to store can find the option?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

I don't use WinZip, so I don't know how to do it. There must be an option. If you have difficulties zipping your animation and creating the desc.txt file, you can try my program Boot Animation Creator.
    In SGS I on Darky 10.1 you don't have bootanimation.zip file in system/media, but we have bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. Your tutorial will work with it?

I think this tutorial won't work, because Darky 10.1 ROM is based on the stock SGS Gingerbread ROM.
    man do you know a easier way to rename over 300 photos...can u make a program for that...LOL

I use a program called Faststone photo resizer. It has a few cool features including batch rename.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App