[Q] GT-I9195 vs GT-I9195T ??

Search This thread

KrazyKong

Nov 8, 2010
Does anyone know the differences between these 2 models of the S4 Mini?

As in the past, any "T" model variant of a Samsung phone meant it had different broadband hardware meant exclusively for Telstra in Australia. You could still use the phone on 2G with other providers sim cards, but no more than 2G. Now however I wonder if things have changed based on the following specs?

But on their own website, it states the following...

2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
3G HSPA+ (850/900/1900/2100 MHz)
4G LTE Cat 3 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz (Telstra, Vodafone, Open variants only)

Does that mean this phone will work on all broadbrand frequencies?

Or is the "T" model still only tied to Telstra's network?

sysKin

Sep 10, 2013
Does anyone know the differences between these 2 models of the S4 Mini?

I asked a similar question not long ago in relation to rooting, but haven't had any answers yet.
Still, I might be able to help a bit: the 9195T definitely works on Vodafone's 3G network. I can't validate 4G because I'm on prepaid where 4G is not available. But the network type is HSPA:11 which is a 3G.

So, as much as the T seems to be Telstra-capable model, its 3G definitely works on Vodafone. Maybe its 4G won't.

Hopefully it helps a bit ~

[edit] oh wait, I already told you the same thing on the other forums >_<
Maybe it helps someone else then!

Last edited:

agustin.farias

Jan 30, 2013
México City
I've got GT-i9195L which stands for "Latin".
Samfirware publishes ROMs for Colombia and Puerto Rico only.

The only ROMs I see listed for GT-i9195T are for Australia.

Maybe there's a hint about what the T stands for.

junkyde

May 26, 2011
I've looked into the specs on the samsung site. I was interested in the 2100mah Battery of the GT-i9195T and found out, that it is about 2mm thicker than the GT-i9195.
Wich would explain the bigger battery. Only thing left to find out is, where to get the battery + back cover. Because people who bought the GT-i9195T should have the possibility to buy the original battery for their device like we have with the GT-i9195.

xperiaactive

Apr 30, 2012
I've looked into the specs on the samsung site. I was interested in the 2100mah Battery of the GT-i9195T and found out, that it is about 2mm thicker than the GT-i9195.
Wich would explain the bigger battery. Only thing left to find out is, where to get the battery + back cover. Because people who bought the GT-i9195T should have the possibility to buy the original battery for their device like we have with the GT-i9195.

i opened a specific thread on i9195t, so maybe we can have more info!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528917

Would you share with us your situation?

I read a lot about you on whirpool forum but i have problem to sign up...

I want to know if someone of you try to install cyanogenmod and also if batteries are interchangeble between i9195T and i9195, apart of case... :) thanks!

drpixie

Apr 28, 2013
I want to know if someone of you try to install cyanogenmod and also if batteries are interchangeble between i9195T and i9195, apart of case... :) thanks!

Yes - GGM works fine using the stuff from on wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Serranoltexx_Info and instructions/links from wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_serranoltexx.

Just finished it, took a while to do it all (only my second CGM device) but all seems fine and seems to work ok. (I did backup to external sdcard just in case, but haven't needed it yet - touch wood.)

Reactions: xperiaactive

junkyde

May 26, 2011
have you found the possibility to buy the 9195T battery + backcover? searched the internet, but couldn't find something.

xperiaactive

Apr 30, 2012
have you found the possibility to buy the 9195T battery + backcover? searched the internet, but couldn't find something.

my aussie friend syskin told me that samsung.au have a promotion to receive 2 gift cover giving part number :)))

if i found a way to someone develop glove mode on s4 mini ( which is definetly possible, i told in my thread linking the file of 9100) i am pretty sure to order a s4 mini from telstra :)))) junkyde are you interested??? ahahhaha

PS i told you that i9195t has s3 battery... practically is too big for i9195 standard layout. Not 100% sure but we can ask to our friends upstairs :)

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Yes - GGM works fine using the stuff from on wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Serranoltexx_Info and instructions/links from wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_serranoltexx.

Just finished it, took a while to do it all (only my second CGM device) but all seems fine and seems to work ok. (I did backup to external sdcard just in case, but haven't needed it yet - touch wood.)

Hi! Thanks for you info!!!

We have a lot on envy for your special i9195T...

do you have Telstra big battery edition? the 2100mah one?

Cause we are asking ourselves:

1) it is definetely an S3 battery?

2) where you can find cover, and normal i9195 cover fit or not on your phone ( without battery )

3) cyanogenmod goes well? and recognize your full battery?

Thank you dr pixie!

Last edited:

drpixie

Apr 28, 2013

2) where you can find cover, and normal i9195 cover fit or not on your phone ( without battery )

1) I don't know anything about the 'S3' battery but I can tell you my (Telstra) GT-I9195T's battery:
- is labelled SAMSUNG and "EB-L1G6LLU 2100 mAh" and on the other side "3.8 V Li-ion BATTERY 7.98 Wh"
- dimensions are 5.25mm (thick) x 50.5mm (wide) x 63.1mm (tall).

2) The cover came with the phone, I haven't tried an alternative, and I don't mind the stock silver/grey fine grid, so I didn't look to change it.

3) CGM goes just fine - the only problems have been mine. It doesn't tell me the battery capacity but is does charge to 100% (!) And seems to give good life, but I don't use it all that much.

junkyde

May 26, 2011
1) I don't know anything about the 'S3' battery but I can tell you my (Telstra) GT-I9195T's battery:
- is labelled SAMSUNG and "EB-L1G6LLU 2100 mAh" and on the other side "3.8 V Li-ion BATTERY 7.98 Wh"

Thanks,

I've googled the label and found out that it is the same label as for a s3 battery, but the dimensions on the amazon page are a bit different (62,50 x 50,30 x 5,25)

drpixie

Apr 28, 2013

Thanks,

I've googled the label and found out that it is the same label as for a s3 battery, but the dimensions on the amazon page are a bit different (62,50 x 50,30 x 5,25)

I wouldn't worry about those small dimension variations - if the part number is the same, the dimensions will be variations between official and actual and maybe the way I measured it. When you put the battery in the case, there's maybe 1mm tolerance and the variation is well within that.

junkyde

May 26, 2011
So I tested the s3 battery of a friend inside my s4 mini. The s3 battery is shorter, but it wouldn't be a problem, because you can stuff something beneath it. The main problem are these corners, which I marked green:
galaxy-s4-mini-r.jpg

Because of them, the battery can't reach the contacts obove. But if it could, it would work fine I think. Because even if the s4 mini battery is taller, I managed to put it in the s3 just at the contacts and the s3 booted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2) The cover came with the phone, I haven't tried an alternative, and I don't mind the stock silver/grey fine grid, so I didn't look to change it.

3) CGM goes just fine - the only problems have been mine. It doesn't tell me the battery capacity but is does charge to 100% (!) And seems to give good life, but I don't use it all that much.

No it's not, I've just checked with international i9300. S4 mini battery is thinner and longer. S3 battery is thicker and shorter. Corners of the battery doesn't fit in the S4 mini housing (other gouging near the contacts ). I wasn't able to power up the phone.