Downgraded to MK2 to NB1 to root can't install any recovery manager

Search This thread

marvelAVENGER

Apr 4, 2014
National City
Ok so here is my situation. I took the OTA to NB1(4.4.2) then I downgraded back to MK2 so I could have root access. Then I reinstalled NB1 stock rom. Now I have root access with stock 4.4.2 on my i337 GS4. Now what I'm trying to do is install clockwork mod recovery or TWRP or any other recovery other than safestrap but I'm not able too or cannot find a way. Has any one had this issue I'm new to this and I am trying to run google edition Roms or customer roms. Also with safestrap(3.71) some roms are enabled but once phone reboots it stay on black screen. Any help or advice is appreciated thank you.:silly:

Kamaole

Nov 7, 2013
Ok so here is my situation. I took the OTA to NB1(4.4.2) then I downgraded back to MK2 so I could have root access. Then I reinstalled NB1 stock rom. Now I have root access with stock 4.4.2 on my i337 GS4. Now what I'm trying to do is install clockwork mod recovery or TWRP or any other recovery other than safestrap but I'm not able too or cannot find a way. Has any one had this issue I'm new to this and I am trying to run google edition Roms or customer roms. Also with safestrap(3.71) some roms are enabled but once phone reboots it stay on black screen. Any help or advice is appreciated thank you.:silly:

You cant install any other recovery besides ss, since our bootloader is locked. You also have not been able to run google edition roms since mf3. You can now only run touchwiz roms.

Reactions: marvelAVENGER

Kamaole

Nov 7, 2013
Got it so if I get my boot loader unlocked I'll be able to run other recoveries and roms?

At this time you cannot unlock your bootloader. As far as I know, @Hashcode is still trying to get Kexec working with safestrap using jeboo's bypasslkm exploit to load unsigned modules. If he gets that working, we will be able to basically put any kernel we want over the stock kernel. I think ran into trouble with flushing the cache.

marvelAVENGER

Apr 4, 2014
National City
At this time you cannot unlock your bootloader. As far as I know, @Hashcode is still trying to get Kexec working with safestrap using jeboo's bypasslkm exploit to load unsigned modules. If he gets that working, we will be able to basically put any kernel we want over the stock kernel. I think ran into trouble with flushing the cache.

I'll keep an eye out for that thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it so if I get my boot loader unlocked I'll be able to run other recoveries and roms?

You cant install any other recovery besides ss, since our bootloader is locked. You also have not been able to run google edition roms since mf3. You can now only run touchwiz roms.