Torque Pro OBD app and data logging

Search This thread

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
So i got myself an OBD bluetooth scanner and the Torque app...bloody brilliant.
So much information!

anyway, i cant seem to get it to upload data logs to the web viewer?

i have my account created and setup correctly but nothing in the web viewer when i log in.

Does anyone use the app and have any ideas on how to get this to work?

Secondary i have e-mailed myself some data logs and cant get them to open properly?

azlan96

Sep 7, 2010
Ampang
I cant seem to get Track Recorder to work with Torque Sync software, it stucks at Searching for Torque

fastbob72

Jan 13, 2013
elgin
So i got myself an OBD bluetooth scanner and the Torque app...bloody brilliant.
So much information!

anyway, i cant seem to get it to upload data logs to the web viewer?

i have my account created and setup correctly but nothing in the web viewer when i log in.

Does anyone use the app and have any ideas on how to get this to work?

Secondary i have e-mailed myself some data logs and cant get them to open properly?

I imagine the particular posters have found answers to their problems seeing as this thread
dates from 2014 but I thought it might be worthwhile answering all the same as I ran in to the same niggles when I began using this app so if anyone searching these issues subsequently may find some worth from my reply.

First of all as a far as experience and knowledge is concerned. Firstly with cars;fixing,modifying, engine management tuning, obd2, diagnostics. Basically my auto knowledge is extremely wide and extensive from approx 35 years of obsession and getting stuck in an the deep end whereas my knowledge and experience of computers and smart phone tech is on much, much shakier ground :(

In fact, for those of my vintage. i.e late 30s,early 40s remember when we were kids. and programmable VCRs were the height of cutting edga technology. Well I'm like the way our parents and grand parents were then. i.e pretty much baffled by it and even following the instructions it was hit and miss whether you actually managed to record that film rhat was on at 4am lol.

So for the second issue brought up by the OP it doesn't matter whether you email yourself the log file or not (I found the few times i tried it that the file wouldn't attach and when it did the problem was the same anyway) you need Microsoft Office or any other type of office suite to view the files. On the pc i have Microsoft office but had to download an app to my phone to view. csv files. Again an office suite that not only displays. csv files but puts them into a spreadsheet format is required.

As for the first issue it's preferable in every way to view the site. on a pc because on the phone display the actual box to sign into is off screen and takes a little bit of zooming out and seaching to find, the same goes after you have signed in when another box appears with a list of the logs files recorded and the tab to choose it. This is where my lack of fundamental computer/web knowledge comes in. I can't tell you why it doesn't sit nicely inti an easily accessible mobile format but it doesn't. Once you've found the first sign in box/pop up it becomes simple, annoying but simple.

As for there being nothing after signing into the webview site successfully all I can assume is either you've no log files to view which you should have if it's all been set up correctly, including choosing which PIDs to send to logfile or the pop up/window where you click on your logfiles is right off screen and has to be looked for. Of course you don't get that problem if accessed using your desktop.