[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

DreamFX

Jan 1, 2011
I wonder if the issue has to do with the launcher since the homescreen is what seems to cause our problems

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Well look at that. It seems the google launcher was the problem.

The audio seems to work fine using nova launcher.

I suspect the ones who couldn't emulate the audio problem were not using the google launcher.

Yup no audio issues and I use Nova. Nova is the bomb.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Every phone is different. I don't have the audio problem you speak of and I am using the google launcher. Do we have to flash the audio boost after every nightly update?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes

tgyberg

Feb 20, 2011
Mpls, MN
I'm done with nightlies. Sbrissen's ROM addressed almost everything that made me try out other ROMs. Volumes and battery are greatly improved. I don't see anything mind blowing coming down the pipe for CM11, so I'm happy right here for a while.
If they're baked in great, even better.

Sounds good to me! This is the first time I've stayed up with nightlies.. how long does this usually go on? I think we are getting close to 90 of them! :cyclops:

Tkun

Oct 10, 2010
Does ART work with today's nightly (which is labeled 2/25, for some reason)? Anyone daring enough to check?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II (SCH-I605)

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
Since I've been following the nightlies and then seen that Sbrissen uploaded the volume mod. I'm back with this almighty rom. The last rom I was using, was Omni rom. The only good thing it had going for it was the omniswitch. Really loved that feature but alas better volume overweighed that feature.

Keep up the good work :good:

rippedwarrior69

Nov 2, 2009
Is there a way to get better battery life? Can not go a half day on a single charge. I use Greenify but it does not help much. On touchwiz I can go 2 days on a single charge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sully112277

Nov 13, 2010
Worcester Mass
Since I've been following the nightlies and then seen that Sbrissen uploaded the volume mod. I'm back with this almighty rom. The last rom I was using, was Omni rom. The only good thing it had going for it was the omniswitch. Really loved that feature but alas better volume overweighed that feature.

Keep up the good work :good:

Wasnt a fan but pretty sure u can run it on most roms now. Heres a thread with an apk.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635363

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: amoot329

nycthunder

Apr 14, 2011
I wonder if the issue has to do with the launcher since the homescreen is what seems to cause our problems

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Well look at that. It seems the google launcher was the problem.

The audio seems to work fine using nova launcher.

I suspect the ones who couldn't emulate the audio problem were not using the google launcher.

Wow, I hadn't even considered it might be the launcher. I was using the Google Now launcher, but switched to Apex and issue solved. Thanks for the idea!

redskinsfan

Jan 19, 2013
Just a heads up, the latest nightly will probably not boot, mediaserver keeps crashing. I'm working at fixing this now.

I'm running the 02/27 nightly with ART and it is working - dirty flashed it over the 02/26 nightly. Having said that, I did notice unusual battery drain after installing it. Cleared cache and it seems better now. Will report later after a full day of use.

sbrissen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
I'm running the 02/27 nightly with ART and it is working - dirty flashed it over the 02/26 nightly. Having said that, I did notice unusual battery drain after installing it. Cleared cache and it seems better now. Will report later after a full day of use.

any weird graphics? like when holding power down, does the reboot/shutdown menu appear?

Reactions: sleepycarl5150

redskinsfan

Jan 19, 2013
any weird graphics? like when holding power down, does the reboot/shutdown menu appear?

No, power menu is fine. The only weird thing I noticed was the spinner when the apps were being rebuilt after flashing the new nightly. The spinning circle wasn't smooth. I saw in the changelog that the boot sequence was supposed to have been sped up for multi core processors and was thinking that perhaps the multiple cores were used for building the binaries and so the animation was jittered. I didn't time the startup, but it didn't feel faster than the previous nightly. That (and the battery drain) aside, however, no weirdness in this build for me.

Reactions: torr310

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.