WM 6.1 Samsung i617 / Blackjack II released!

Search This thread

surfturtle

Apr 24, 2006
Cannot change GPRS Settings - Locked to AT&T

I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and it worked like a charm and from first glance it looks amazing however I am stuck with no Internet access.

I am not using AT&T network and everything works fine (calls in/out) but the GPRS settings are locked to AT&T.

I tried adding a new connection but it won't work since the pre-configured AT&T settings cannot be removed.

Can anyone help me unlock the GPRS settings?

Thanks

birdibird

Apr 9, 2005
additional link with tutorial by samsung:
here

In the text is written under the xp section that it is specific for at&t, but at the vista version not. So I don't know if the remark is for both versions. You can try :)

Erofich

May 5, 2007
A quote from samsung.com:
This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.
Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1w/AKU1.0.1
Windows Mobile 6.1 includes new features such as bla bla bla useless info
AKU 1.0.1 means build number between 19202 and 19212, so that build is too old, because there is a newer build 19593 (AKU 1.1.7) from Pantech Duo

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
excellent! thank you! what is CE OS version/build?

From the About:

Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard
CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1)
Radio Version i617UCHH2
RIL Version 2.002

...and for the record, in typical AT&T fashion, they ****ed with stuff to be "smart" and it broke stuff. I'm an actual AT&T customer and I have problems getting some things to connect because of their STUPID, ****ING locked internet settings. So for those of you that are on T-Mobile or Rogers or whoever with an unlocked BJII, you'll have to unlock the internet settings to be able to connect.

Now where's my reg editor so I can fix that? :)

LINK to fix locked GPRS Settings: http://www.mobilejaw.com/articles/2008/06/new-network-settings-lock-on-windows-mobile-61-devices/

Last edited:

surfturtle

Apr 24, 2006
Originally Posted by cyberillusion
Ok, break out your favorite mobile reg editor and locate:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings

In here will be a value named "ForceCellConnection"

Change "ATT ICS" to "" and reboot.

ICS will now allow you to choose either ATT ICS or MEdia. ATT ICS will not work without a tethering plan on your wireless account, but MEdia Net will work as long as you have the signal and the basic pay-as-you-go feature (not recommended).

ATT ICS uses "isp.cingular" (tethering) whereas MEdia Net uses "wap.cingular" (general internet).

Also, the ATT ICS and MEdia Net entries in the connection settings dialog are read only and won't let you edit them, But if you navigate to:

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4...}\Connections

There will be 2 keys in there. one for ATT ICS and MEdia Net. In those keys there will be a value of ReadOnly. Change the value for these from 1 to 0 and reboot your phone. These connections should now be editable.

This post was made via tether w/o plan and via USB connection

znutar

Nov 30, 2006
app unlock not working

followed the instructions on a fully, properly upgraded BJ2 (radio and OS confirmed) and followed the instructions for the modaco hack and sda unlocker and nothing is changed. I cannot modify the GPRS setting nor make modification in the registry...any clues?:(

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Has anyone been able to add Google Search or a Weather plugin to the new "Sliding" Homescreen. I remember seeing a weather and stock quotes Home Screen plugins in the new HTC phones. I believe these plugins where custumized for the HTC phones, but they "should" work with the new WM 6.1 BJII Home Screen. Someone over at HoFo mentioned that the weather and stocks plugins might be for WM Pro (touchscreen) and therefore won't work on WM 6.1 Standard. I used Google Search with 6.0, but it won't install in the "Sliding" HomeScreen of 6.1.

Anyone?

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
followed the instructions on a fully, properly upgraded BJ2 (radio and OS confirmed) and followed the instructions for the modaco hack and sda unlocker and nothing is changed. I cannot modify the GPRS setting nor make modification in the registry...any clues?:(

check out the link in my post. I followed that and had no problem editing and deleting the settings. SDA App Unlock worked fine too. Don't bother with the GPS unlocker. I don't think you need it anymore.

*BUT*

It worked for me so it should work for you...

Good luck!

tamanaco

Jul 18, 2006
New York
Remapping the BJII's CV and AT&T keys is easier in WM 6.1 than it was in WM 6.0. But I have been unable to find or figure out how to remap the Press-Hold Home Key in WM 6.0 or 6.1. I want to remap the Press-Hold Home key to start CeleTask instead of Task Manager as I find CeleTask a bit more useful. I like the new new Sliding HomeScreen, but it does not allow one to use apps like Right Menu and Smartoolkit. I know it can be done because I have used XDA cooked ROMs in my Qtek 8310 that had CeleTask remapped to the Press-Hold Home Key. Anyone?

blackjack2

Jul 22, 2008
Miami
Remapping the BJII's CV and AT&T keys is easier in WM 6.1 than it was in WM 6.0. But I have been unable to find or figure out how to remap the Press-Hold Home Key in WM 6.0 or 6.1. I want to remap the Press-Hold Home key to start CeleTask instead of Task Manager as I find CeleTask a bit more useful. I like the new new Sliding HomeScreen, but it does not allow one to use apps like Right Menu and Smartoolkit. I know it can be done because I have used XDA cooked ROMs in my Qtek 8310 that had CeleTask remapped to the Press-Hold Home Key. Anyone?

I need the Home key hack as well, thakns

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
I have just bought a Samsung i617 (sim unlocked): with WM6.0, not with at&t :D
Will it lock sim if i upgrade to WM6.1 at the post#1 in this thread? :D

Attachments

• samsung-i617-00.jpg
    samsung-i617-00.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006