[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 9 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 4.0.4)

Search This thread

TomaszD84

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for the update sfc3001. I hope you're planning on maintaining the ROM with monthly updates, we really don't expect this to be a real nightly build. It feels great to have a fresh CM9 on the good old MS2. There really is no better QWERTY Android phone in Europe, especially now with CM9.

nw2o

Jul 24, 2009
Hello, anyone knows if in this new update was fixed light sensor and keyboard lights ? I was searching for changelog on github but i can't find it.

Thanks

fedegin

Jul 22, 2010
The new version works much better than the previous, more fluid and smooth films. It seems that the light sensor works better! Great job!

razorman2

Jan 1, 2009
New version works great also for me... but abobe flash player does not work... i've tried to debug with adb the flash player starting and it returns some errors about opengl drivers, this rom has opengl?

Errors with flash:
Code:
E/libEGL  ( 3142): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once pe
r thread)

Code:
W/BaseUi  ( 3142): mMainView is already attached to wrapper in attachTabToConten
tView!
W/BaseUi  ( 3142): mContainer is already attached to content in attachTabToConte
ntView!
W/webcore ( 3142): java.lang.Throwable: EventHub.removeMessages(int what = 107)
is not supported before the WebViewCore is set up.
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore$EventHub.removeMessages(We
bViewCore.java:1683)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore$EventHub.access$7900(WebVi
ewCore.java:926)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore.removeMessages(WebViewCore
.java:1795)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebView.sendOurVisibleRect(WebView.jav
a:2917)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager.setZoomScale(ZoomManager.j
ava:593)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager.access$1700(ZoomManager.ja
va:49)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager$PostScale.run(ZoomManager.
java:984)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4
575)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCalle
r.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.ja
va:556)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

TomaszD84

Aug 23, 2010
New version works great also for me... but abobe flash player does not work... i've tried to debug with adb the flash player starting and it returns some errors about opengl drivers, this rom has opengl?

Errors with flash:
Code:
E/libEGL  ( 3142): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once pe
r thread)

Code:
W/BaseUi  ( 3142): mMainView is already attached to wrapper in attachTabToConten
tView!
W/BaseUi  ( 3142): mContainer is already attached to content in attachTabToConte
ntView!
W/webcore ( 3142): java.lang.Throwable: EventHub.removeMessages(int what = 107)
is not supported before the WebViewCore is set up.
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore$EventHub.removeMessages(We
bViewCore.java:1683)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore$EventHub.access$7900(WebVi
ewCore.java:926)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebViewCore.removeMessages(WebViewCore
.java:1795)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.WebView.sendOurVisibleRect(WebView.jav
a:2917)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager.setZoomScale(ZoomManager.j
ava:593)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager.access$1700(ZoomManager.ja
va:49)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.webkit.ZoomManager$PostScale.run(ZoomManager.
java:984)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4
575)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCalle
r.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.ja
va:556)
W/webcore ( 3142):      at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

We don't have hardware acceleration unfortunately. That's one of the reasons Tezet put his efforts on hold. LG Optimus Black has very similar hardware and LG is planning to release ICS in Q3, so we might rip something out of there. Until then, no go.

nonameboy007

Oct 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Nice work.

this rom is very cool.

Thanks for your work.

Someone have problems with the 3G? For me sometimes its freeze, i'm in obligation to toggle the 3G ou Airplane Widget to reactivate 3G.

Any issue?

Thanks

Dan

sfc3001

Feb 21, 2011
We don't have hardware acceleration unfortunately. That's one of the reasons Tezet put his efforts on hold. LG Optimus Black has very similar hardware and LG is planning to release ICS in Q3, so we might rip something out of there. Until then, no go.

When I dive into this problem, I found our device need a custom kernel to integrate ddk1.8 from TI(just like our another brother device i9003, dhiru1602 had made it) to have a better(or full) graphic support for ICS.

But with current Bootloader, we can not have it.

The best way for now is like Defy, replace some functions to make a compatible HWA environment, nadlabak and tpruvot had done great work on it, if the solution is more stable, we can leverage it too.

CaTeIM

Dec 16, 2008
Cachoeiro de Itapemirim - ES

fedegin

Jul 22, 2010
very nice work. works fine @ me!.

please include gapps, 1% battary mod and der right hw layout.

for 1% battary mod and hw layout the files are here to download.

This patch (1% battery) works in this rom? because in the tezet's CM9 the rondoval's patch broke the SD mount! someone tried the patch in this rom?

sorry for my english, i'm trying to improve!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

This rom is based on tezet framework, merge cyanogenmod latest source code and camera code from defy. Its still a ALPHA version, bugs report is welcome.

Working:
    - Features from tezet rom.
    - Recording (works, but unstable)
    - Panorama (built-in camera app)
    - Barcode scanner
    - VPN(PPTP MPPE)
    - 1% Battery
    - H264 high profile decoding(but laggy!)
    - HWA (all credit to nadlabak, excellent and fantastic works bring whole BL devices to new stage!!)
    - Chrome (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28506029&postcount=356)
    - Flash(not good on live codec)
    - USB Tether

Not working:
    - Crystal Talk
    - Wifi tether
    - bandwidth quota
    - Encrypt phone

Changelog:
    Code:
    * 2012/8/15:
    * change usbd to brazil reatil version
    * change /system/etc/motorola/ files to brazil retail version

* 2012/8/14:
    * Fix usb notification problem

* 2012/8/12:
    * Keyboard backlight style also works on custom brightness.
    * slide out the keyboard will not unlock the phone anymore.
    * change usbd/Usb.apk to defy version.
    * disable ipv6 by default.
    * use MotoPhonePortal.apk from defy, but only usb mode works.
    * symlink font to /system/fonts/ for opera mobile 
    * sync 0812 repo
    Official cm9 is in stable phase, I will keep follow the cm9 repo but with lower freq.
    CM10 will be the major release.

* 2012/7/21:
    * add overclock_milestone2.ko back
    * adjust overclock script to defy version (overclock settings in bootmenu should work now)
    * fix video recorder problem
    * sync 0721 repo

* 2012/7/17:
    - Fix the TI.720P conflict problem with Flash
    - ALT Lock workaround(bind it to numlock,  priority: numlock > capslock )
    - Another HW Keyboard backlight style (always turn on when slide out, turn off when close it, you can change it back to CM9 default style on Advanced-> OSKB)
    - Fix Processor governor settings
    PS: I don get app restart/crash when slide out the keyboard with this build, I had tested this apps (Adobe reader/ES File/Dolphin HD/internal video player).
    - sync repo 0716

* 2012/7/8:
    - update GPU driver to PVR 1.8
    - add nadlabak driver solution
    - enable HWA
    - remove previous opengl hack
    - sync repo 07/08
    - delist 3G Roaming bug([url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28211723&postcount=281[/url])

* 2012/7/1:
    - enable TI.720P Decoder (need more fine tune with buffering)
    - fix recording problem
    - sync repo 07/01

* 2012/6/24:
    - fix QWERTZ keyboard
    - fix unknown number problem
    - new boot animation
    - sync repo 06/24

* 2012/6/2:
    - barcode scanner works
    - built-in VPN with mpppe works (I only test this kind)
    - add 1% battery
    - fix AZERTY keyboard (thx boorce.com)
    - sync repo 06/02

* 2012/5/27:
    - fix crash problem when take picture

* 2012/5/26: 
    - sync cm9 repo
    - add panorama support
    - add Apollo(music app)
    - add CMWallpaper
    Bugfix:
    - settings->themes will not crash 
    * 2012/5/11: sync 0511 repo

ADB debugging shouldn't be disabled, full wipe is recommended.

Downloads:
    European GB kernel: CM9-NIGHTLY
    **China GB kernel: CM9-NIGHTLY
    **China version is not tested by myself, so use it on your own risk.

Google Apps

Repository:
    repo init -u git://github.com/alexc804/android.git -b ics

twitter: AlexC804

Credits to tezet, rondoval, tpruvot and people contributed to this rom.
    Any chance to upgrade to Jelly Bean? Porting JB to my kindle fire was really quick, it took less than 1 day. And everything is quick and smooth.

Since defy/defy+ has JB now(by quarx2k! very cool!), I am sure we can have it no problem.(a lot functions work on defy's JB now)

When? After I solve major bugs like hw keyboard&brightness on ICS.
    Read first post: " not working: HWA (include Flash, Chrome)"

HEY GUYS , some great news for you all :D

DEFY has got complete HWA ( or HUI ) working on this locked kernel :D
    everything including Chrome , flash player is working , it is as fast as any other official ICS ROM ( buttery smooth ) :D

if you guys can compile all those changes into ur rom , it would be great :D

nadlaback ( milestone 1 developer ) made this achievement of running PVR SGX 1.8 ( stack loader ) on the locked kernel :D

also to mention : FULL HWA is working on both FROYO and GB KENELS ( so it should not be a great problem for you guys ) :D
    Look like defy has HWUI on CM9 (at last on CM9 based on froyo kernels, looks like Defy+ and GB based kernel still have bugs)

The GPU is the SGX530 on a OMAP 3610 CPU (OMAP3620 for Defy+)
    We have the same SGX530 but in a OMAP3630 CPU.

Is the solution applied by the Defy team be applied to our CM9 ?

Yes, it works on MS2 too, but there's a problem. Flash11 is not working with TI.720P.Decoder.

If I can bypass this problem, I will release a update version this weekend.
    Hey guys,

I had problems with running Chrome (10s crash) too and it seems I found solution:

FC Chrome, clear data & cache, then run it and DO NOT CHECK "send crash data" box (as it seems to crash app), just accept the conditions and then log into (or don't) your google account. My Chrome stopped crashing after that and it's synced with my PC Chrome.

Love the Devs <3