Smartwatches

Search This thread

trook

Sep 7, 2010
Costa Mesa CA
Hey guys I'm lost on a few things. I know that HTC is coming out with a smart watch by Christmas but I was wondering if anyone knows of any that will work with our phones via bluetooth, wifi, nfc, I don't care. I do want to be able to watch movies on it though (yes my vision is that good) all I can find is a bunch of maybes and they all say 3g hence the bluetooth, pairing. Do I even need a sim card if I'm not planning on using it as a standalone phone? Even the forum here on XDA is a lot of arguing and speculation. I need help, for some reason I want to watch movies on my phone and I also want notifications and blah blah. Anyone know anything about something like this or am I dreaming? Thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
Just get a Pebble and be happy with a watch that can actually be usable as one (go swimming and battery last at least five days)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jlczl

Oct 22, 2005
Not sure I'm understanding your question but the Sony Smartwatch 2 works perfectly with my HTC One and has quite a bit of functionality and apps.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TidusWulf

Sep 21, 2010
Seattle, WA
The Moto ACTV can run a full android OS. look into that, maybe. gotta be comfortable with some non-idiotproof rooting though. there's not a huge following for it so the method is there, but only for the seriously committed.

Top Liked Posts