[Taskbar][NEW for T-Mobile US] dafunk's NGTV Taskbar [WM 6.5 - WM 6.5.X]

Search This thread

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze

- For WM 6.5 version read the post #1 below.
- For WM 6.5.X version read the post #2
- [NEW] For T-Mobile US stock WM 6.5 version read the post #5 [NEW]
- [NEW] For EXTRAS read the post #3 [NEW]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL OF YOU THAT WANT ONLY THE CUSTOM WAIT CURSOR:

No guys, there is no way to make a cab for only the custom wait cursor.
This is because the custom wait cursor graphics are into the file shellres.192.dll. Into this file reside also many of the taskbar icons and other miscellaneous graphics. If I make a cab with only the file shellres.192.dll and you install it, you will have my wait cursor, but you will have many of my taskbar icons as well. It's good if you use my taskbar (but if you use my taskbar you already have my cursor :D), but if you use another taskbar....you can easily understand what can happen.
So this is why there's no way to make a cab that installs only the cursor.

I'm thinking about to make some colors variations of the cursor, but I think that I will make them for cookers (and who knows how to edit dlls) and I will post the 32bit bitmaps in the Windows Mobile Themes section.

I'm sorry.....but I'm explaining why this is impossible :(

Anyway, many thanks for the great interest for my custom wait cursor ;)

dafunk's NGTV taskbar WM 6.5

T-Mobile US users: DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION. Go to post #5.

This taskbar is my mod from original Bilbobrian's (Brian's) one. I have inverted the colors black/white, but the original button layout is from Bilbobrian. Thanks Brian ;)

I followed the steps of DarkNinja and I thought to make it "modular", so that there will be more chances to get it working.
Thanks to DarkNinja and his staff.

The taskbar is fully compatible CDMA and GSM.
I don't own a Leo, so I couldn't test it directly, but I have positive feedbacks from many devices: Blackstone, Leo, TP, TP2 and others.

ngtv65splash.png

Here is the animation of the custom wait cursor...hope you like it :D
waitcursoranim.gif

The taskbar is in two versions: with "classic signal bars" and with "Black signal bars". See the image above.

The taskbar will install the default windows flag for Start button. See the image above. You can find alternative versions of the Start button graphics for classic/black signal bars in the attachments at the bottom of this post.

If you want to get rid of the "Start" text you can find the NO_START Patch WWE in the attachments at the bottom of this post.
Please note that this patch will work ONLY on WWE Roms.

---------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL THE TASKBAR

1) - The taskbar has the certification inside, anyway the safest way to start the installation is to install sdkcert.cab first.

2)- Choose which version you install: with classics or with black signal bars.
Note: don't make the mistake to install directly one of the alternative Start button cabs. It will only install "shellres.192.dll" and not the full taskbar. Install the taskbar first.

3) - Perform a soft reset.

4) - Your volume icons will likely be skinned, but if you are experiencing strange issues with volume or you have the volume control "broken", showing the ugly Windows Mobile volume control, try to install the volume fixes how explained below:

Download the file dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll Fixes.zip where inside you will find 4 different versions of HTCVolumeControl.dll:

dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1920.1327.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1920.3625.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 1921.3629.cab
dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll 2011.3221.cab

You have to find which works good for you....you can still unistall it and install another fix if the one installed is not good.

---- If in the place of the volume icon you have a black square or you have no icon at all, try to install: dafunk BlackBox Volume Fix.cab. ----
If the cab does not work please delete the following two reg entries:

HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay/LoadIconFromResDLL
HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay/SoundIconLink

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS PERFORM A SOFT RESET after installed or uninstalled some stuff! :D

And.......please, report feedbacks specifying your DEVICE, ROM, and OS VERSION

Hope you like it....

Have fun(k) :D

dafunk

Many thanks to my friend Santod040 for his help to fix the CDMA.

Attachments

• sdkcert.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
dafunk's NGTV taskbar WM 6.5.X

This taskbar is my mod from original Bilbobrian's (Brian's) one. I have inverted the colors black/white, but the original button layout is from Bilbobrian. Thanks Brian ;)

I followed the steps of DarkNinja and I thought to make it "modular", so that there will be more chances to get it working.

I don't own a Leo, so I couldn't test it directly, but I have positive feedbacks from many devices: Blackstone, Leo, TP, TP2 and others.

ngtv65xsplash.png

waitcursoranim.gif

The taskbar is in two versions: with "classic signal bars" and with "Black signal bars". See the image above.

1) - The taskbar has the certification inside, anyway the safest way to start the installation is to install sdkcert.cab first.

3) - Your volume icons will not be skinned.
Download the file dafunk HTCVolumeControl.dll Fixes.zip where inside you will find 4 different versions of HTCVolumeControl.dll:

If you are experiencing strange issues with volume or you have the volume control "broken", showing the ugly Windows Mobile volume control, try to install a different volume fix from the four provided.

You have to find which works good for you....you can still unistall it and install another fix if the one installed is not good.

4) - Perform a soft reset.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS PERFORM A SOFT RESET after installed or uninstalled some stuff! :D

Hope you like it....

dafunk

Attachments

• sdkcert.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
EXTRAS

screenshotqv.png

Screenshots of the NGTV CHT Locker graphics for GTX

NGTV CHT Locker graphics

There are at the bottom of the post 3 ZIP files: with classic signal bars, with black signal bars and with black signal bars for GTX theme.

The CHT Locker graphics are the graphics installed with Co0kie Home Tab: the battery icons showed when the device is locked, the locker icon and the active pages indicator icons.
Of course I made this for users of the taskbar who want to have the icons matching with their NGTV taskbar.

You will find into each ZIP 2 versions that differs only for the locker icon.
The locker icon in the image above is the #1.

Taskbar backgrounds

I made a taskbar background that is very nice IMHO for NGTV and GTX Sense Theme. I made the top right system clock background in the same style of NGTV but in black (the system hour is white....).
You can find the cabs at the bottom of the post, and there are a version for WM 6.5 (height 52 pixels) and a version for WM 6.5.X (height 36 pixels).

USE THE CABS IF ONLY YOU INSTALL THE TASKBAR BACKGROUND OVER GTX SENSE THEME.
The cab will install the file into Windows/GTX_Theme so will work only for this one.

You can also use the taskbar backgrounds with other themes, but you have to find out the name of the PNG of the taskbar of your theme, then rename and copy/replace it into the same folder with one of the following two PNGs.

Here the PNGs:

dafunkngtvgtxtaskbar65.png

This is for WM 6.5

dafunkngtvgtxtaskbar65x.png

This is for WM 6.5.X

Hope you like it.

Last edited:

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze

dafunk's NGTV taskbar 4 T-Mobile US stock (WM 6.5)

My apologies to all the T-Mobile US stock users. I know that you had to do Hard Resets and believe me I'm really sorry.​
But I wanted to made from scratch especially for you the NGTV. I took the .dlls from gfreek's v6 taskbar and edited them.
So, many thanks MASTER gfreek ;)

ngtv65splash.png

waitcursoranim.gif

The taskbar will install the default windows flag for Start button. See the image above. You can find alternative versions of the Start button graphics for classic/black signal bars in the attachments at the bottom of this post.

If you want to get rid of the "Start" text you can find the NO_START Patch WWE in the attachments at the bottom of post #1.

Note: don't make the mistake to install directly one of the alternative Start button cabs. It will only install "shellres.192.dll" and not the full taskbar. Install the taskbar first.

IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE OPENING POST AND INSTALLED THE WM6.5 NOT FOR T-Mobile,
TRY TO DO THE FOLLOWING TO UNINSTALL THE TASKBAR:

If your left hard key is still programed for voice, you can do a long hold and then voice comand "open settings" and go to apps for a quick uninstall.

Thanks to snasearles for the tip.

Hope you like it....

dafunk

Many thanks to my friend sirphunkee for his help to sort out the things for you T-Mobile US users

Attachments

• sdkcert.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Dic3ptor

Mar 24, 2010
www.google.de
Because i have a Problem. All Taskbars for 6.5.x only change the taskbar on my device not the bottom bar.

ROM: Artemis ver 10

Can´t wait for yours!

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
Because i have a Problem. All Taskbars for 6.5.x only change the taskbar on my device not the bottom bar.

Can´t wait for yours!

Thanks ;)

But....I don't understand well what you mean...
The taskbar only changes the icons of the taskbar.
For the taskbar BAR and for the bottom bar (taskbar and softkeybar) you have to change the PNGs of those files...it's not related to taskbar installation.

Anyway follow my signature and try to install my black version of the taskbar, so you can see if it works for you ;)

Dic3ptor

Mar 24, 2010
www.google.de
I mean DJC had one wich change both, top and bottom. And that doesn´t work for me.

And i don´t like the grey softkeys at the bottom.

But thx for your Help!! :D

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
I still waiting 4 release also in this thread too ;)

Do u make 4 GSM ?

MaTT

Yes Matt, it's fully compatible GSM and CDMA.
Santod040 helped me to skin the CDMA part because of an icon still missing that I couldn't find, but the taskbar is born GSM.

Now I cannot because I'm at work, but if I have enough time I will post it tonight (central europe) or tomorrow.

Thanks mate ;)

cheers

faisalee

Jun 30, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com

Can´t wait for yours!

Bottom bar and Task bars are two different things :)

You have to get two seperate cab files that address the two different objects. I am using Artemis 10 and have both Taskbar and Bottom bar skinned, of course using different cab files for each :)

Cheers,
Faisal.

faisalee

Jun 30, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
@matt_jackson and faisalee.

Okay THX for your Help

My favorite is attached with this message.

Install the Livven SimpleGloss Themes 192dpi.cab first followed by Livven Glass Selectors 192dpi.cab

Then go to settings, home and select the Black Livven! You will have beautiful finger friendly selectors and superb bottom buttons.

Search for Livven in the general Windows Theme forum, may be he already has some updated version to this. But this as it is works perfectly with Artemis and any other ROM!

Enjoy :)

Cheers
Faisal.

Last edited:

dena994

Apr 16, 2009
ITALY
Very very beautiful friend!!! but in the battery icon try to put only the %....I really like it!:)

dafunk2

Sep 22, 2009
Firenze
looks nice mate, keep up the good work;)

Very nice.
I can't wait. :)

Very very beautiful friend!!! but in the battery icon try to put only the %....I really like it!:)

Thanks guys :D

@dena994:
I was already thinking about to do it.....the only thing that stops me to make it is that I need a breath and not to see dlls for a while :D
Anyway I'm planning to release in the future battery indicator with only percentage as well as some new custom wait cursor or to add some more colors to this one.

Thanks again,

dafunk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- For WM 6.5 version read the post #1 below.
    - For WM 6.5.X version read the post #2
    - [NEW] For T-Mobile US stock WM 6.5 version read the post #5 [NEW]
    - [NEW] For EXTRAS read the post #3 [NEW]

TO ALL OF YOU THAT WANT ONLY THE CUSTOM WAIT CURSOR:

No guys, there is no way to make a cab for only the custom wait cursor.
    This is because the custom wait cursor graphics are into the file shellres.192.dll. Into this file reside also many of the taskbar icons and other miscellaneous graphics. If I make a cab with only the file shellres.192.dll and you install it, you will have my wait cursor, but you will have many of my taskbar icons as well. It's good if you use my taskbar (but if you use my taskbar you already have my cursor :D), but if you use another taskbar....you can easily understand what can happen.
    So this is why there's no way to make a cab that installs only the cursor.

I'm thinking about to make some colors variations of the cursor, but I think that I will make them for cookers (and who knows how to edit dlls) and I will post the 32bit bitmaps in the Windows Mobile Themes section.

I'm sorry.....but I'm explaining why this is impossible :(

Anyway, many thanks for the great interest for my custom wait cursor ;)

dafunk's NGTV taskbar WM 6.5

T-Mobile US users: DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION. Go to post #5.

ngtv65splash.png

waitcursoranim.gif

If you want to get rid of the "Start" text you can find the NO_START Patch WWE in the attachments at the bottom of this post.
    Please note that this patch will work ONLY on WWE Roms.

4) - Your volume icons will likely be skinned, but if you are experiencing strange issues with volume or you have the volume control "broken", showing the ugly Windows Mobile volume control, try to install the volume fixes how explained below:

---- If in the place of the volume icon you have a black square or you have no icon at all, try to install: dafunk BlackBox Volume Fix.cab. ----
    If the cab does not work please delete the following two reg entries:

HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay/LoadIconFromResDLL
    HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay/SoundIconLink

Hope you like it....

dafunk

ngtv65xsplash.png

waitcursoranim.gif

3) - Your volume icons will not be skinned.

If you are experiencing strange issues with volume or you have the volume control "broken", showing the ugly Windows Mobile volume control, try to install a different volume fix from the four provided.

4) - Perform a soft reset.

Hope you like it....

dafunk

screenshotqv.png

Screenshots of the NGTV CHT Locker graphics for GTX

NGTV CHT Locker graphics

There are at the bottom of the post 3 ZIP files: with classic signal bars, with black signal bars and with black signal bars for GTX theme.

The CHT Locker graphics are the graphics installed with Co0kie Home Tab: the battery icons showed when the device is locked, the locker icon and the active pages indicator icons.
    Of course I made this for users of the taskbar who want to have the icons matching with their NGTV taskbar.

You will find into each ZIP 2 versions that differs only for the locker icon.
    The locker icon in the image above is the #1.

Taskbar backgrounds

I made a taskbar background that is very nice IMHO for NGTV and GTX Sense Theme. I made the top right system clock background in the same style of NGTV but in black (the system hour is white....).
    You can find the cabs at the bottom of the post, and there are a version for WM 6.5 (height 52 pixels) and a version for WM 6.5.X (height 36 pixels).

USE THE CABS IF ONLY YOU INSTALL THE TASKBAR BACKGROUND OVER GTX SENSE THEME.
    The cab will install the file into Windows/GTX_Theme so will work only for this one.

You can also use the taskbar backgrounds with other themes, but you have to find out the name of the PNG of the taskbar of your theme, then rename and copy/replace it into the same folder with one of the following two PNGs.

Here the PNGs:

dafunkngtvgtxtaskbar65.png

This is for WM 6.5

dafunkngtvgtxtaskbar65x.png

This is for WM 6.5.X

Hope you like it.