[Q] Lagging

Search This thread

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
A few days ago i noticed some not so smooth scrolling when in my calls log. So i thought the phone had been on too long and did a reboot (which solved the scroll lag).

After the boot. I went into the menu and most of my apps had disappeared (i think mainly on my sd). After a minute or two they appeared (out of order and all on the last menu :mad:) so im guessing it was the sd card (which is the standard class 2 i think which came with the phone) My sd has like 12gb free still. And i only have like 25 apps/games. Anybody noticed similar things? And would upgrading my sd to a higher class slove the prob?

I also noticed that when my phone is on standby and i open the game pad without unlocking the phone (takes 20 secs maybe to launch) then press the back or home button. The 4 quick links next to the menu icon have no icons just blank sqaures for a 10 seconds or so. The same if i open the menu a few icons are the blank ones then they appear. Is this the same for other people?

I never noticed this problem before. And its bugging me. The phone is not rooted, uses the standard wallpaper. And only i have google search on the main screen no widgets. Any suggestions? Im gonna try a reset but thought i would see if other people had any similar experiences. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:

zerojay

Aug 3, 2010
What you are probably seeing here is Android's garbage collection system in place. Basically, when apps need memory, the OS will transparently kill apps that aren't in use without telling you. Generally, the user shouldn't really notice it... but things like your apps not all showing right away is normal when the home app is starting back up after having been killed previously. Things that are relatively resource intensive, such as the Playstation emulator built into the Xperia Play, will most likely cause all other apps that are non-essential to be killed.

I don't know if you've used other Android phones before, but it's pretty normal.

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
Yeah this is my first android phone :). Suppose if its pretty normal i will get used to it in time. Maybe i will unroot the phone and remove all the crap and see if that makes it any better. Thanks for the reply btw

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Yeah this is my first android phone :). Suppose if its pretty normal i will get used to it in time. Maybe i will unroot the phone and remove all the crap and see if that makes it any better. Thanks for the reply btw

what launcher are you using? if you use launcher pro, there is a "system persistant option" this means it will not kill your launcher in the background, and the apps disapearing issue should not happen :)

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
what launcher are you using? if you use launcher pro, there is a "system persistant option" this means it will not kill your launcher in the background, and the apps disapearing issue should not happen :)

Im just using the standard play UI. Thinking of trying Launcher Pro or GO Launcher EX. If i unlock my phone before opening the game pad the icons are there. Also if i give my phone 20-30 secs after rebooting my apps are where i left them. So i guess i need to have more patience lol

Last edited: