One of my nexus 7s doesnt show up on pc?

Search This thread

abhayy

Apr 27, 2011
Charmin'
So, i have a nexus 7 FHD, its rooted with slim rom and it works great. My sister just got a nexus 7, and i rooted it for her with a toolkit, and updated to the latest OTA. The problem is, her tablet is now showing up as a MTP device on my pc, while my nexus 7 is. I know its not the wire because ive tried both my wire and hers with my nexus, and they both have my tablet show up. Furthermore, i see it as a device under the device manager, and my pc makes a sound when it plugs in, but i still cant do anything.

Does anybody know what to do?

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Fix the driver that pops up when her tablet is plugged in, don't let windows search for the drive install it manually. A quick search will point you to the correct one. Also best not to use toolkits, if you did this manually my guess is you would have installed all the proper drivers but that's besides the point

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mastertryce

Sep 17, 2013
Reutlingen
So, i have a nexus 7 FHD, its rooted with slim rom and it works great. My sister just got a nexus 7, and i rooted it for her with a toolkit, and updated to the latest OTA. The problem is, her tablet is now showing up as a MTP device on my pc, while my nexus 7 is. I know its not the wire because ive tried both my wire and hers with my nexus, and they both have my tablet show up. Furthermore, i see it as a device under the device manager, and my pc makes a sound when it plugs in, but i still cant do anything.

have you activated "Media device (MTP)"?
you can find it under (Settings → Storage → USB computer connection)

Reactions: sabbath_sun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

have you activated "Media device (MTP)"?
    you can find it under (Settings → Storage → USB computer connection)