Samsung pass on Knox tripped devices

Search This thread

gundal

Aug 10, 2010
VancouverIsland
I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

Last edited:
I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
to

then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

Woh, thank you very much for shearing this! I sure want to use Samsung pass on my Knox tripped Exynos Galaxy Note 8. Gonna give this a shot and see if it works.

PyromaniacGhoul

Sep 2, 2012
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

HI man,

I followed your steps. I did not have any reference of samsung pass in /system/priv-app/* but I did delete the folder I found in /data/app/. I don't have any reference to samsung pass in my settings options but my banking app will still not allow me to register a finger, no prompt appears.

Rooted with Magisk, xposed installed, knox is tripped. Any ideas?

galaxy_s9

Feb 26, 2018
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

Its not working for me.

Asror

Aug 8, 2014
screenshoot please

websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

screenshot please :(

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot! :good: :)

bro. you can share screenshot ? i confused.. because my samsung pay not work. . are you same?

Reactions: metin bozlar

picatrixgm

Oct 3, 2012
It worked for me on Galaxy S9

websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

It worked for me on Galaxy S9 but my folder was /data/dat/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass
then reboot and now can unlock with fingerprint

Reactions: floyd007

Omnigeek

Dec 23, 2018
SM-G965F with latest official SW doesn't hsve ver # after Samsung Pass and doesn't let me rename current package. Phone had factory reset after being rooted.

Detonatte

Jul 5, 2011
România
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F, android 9 PIE, rooted, and biometrics no works. Help me!
When log in Samsung Pass no work...and not set iris, fingerprint, etc. How resolve?

Alex.karim

Apr 6, 2019
explain better, or make a video explaining, I can not use samsung pass. what is the app used to edit apk?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    websites
    samsung account
    unlock phone..

rename
    to

then reboot..

I'm pretty sure you could get the same effect without removing Samsung Pass.

Go to Settings>>General Management>>Language and Input>>Autofill Service and change it to Google.
    Woh, thank you very much for shearing this! I sure want to use Samsung pass on my Knox tripped Exynos Galaxy Note 8. Gonna give this a shot and see if it works.

Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
    Please report back when you get it to work so others can see :)
    Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
    Please report back when you get it to work so others can see :)

Thank you very much! Worked exactly as described, and just tested it on my credit card providers website, worked like a charm :D Thanks again for shearing :good:
    screenshoot please

websites
    samsung account
    unlock phone..

rename
    to

then reboot..

screenshot please :(

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot! :good: :)

bro. you can share screenshot ? i confused.. because my samsung pay not work. . are you same?