[How-To] Get Cm7 by Jerpelea working without any known issues = no WLOD)

Search This thread

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Cause of I read it from many users, that they get WLODs anymore on the newest Cm7 release from J and I haven't problems, I'll share a list with steps to install it, with that it worked for me perfectly.

If you have a working Recovery you can start directly with step 6

• 1. Flash with Flashtool a stock firmware
  • 2. Boot up into stock
  • 3. Activate usb debugging
  • 4. Root it (connect phone with activated debugging mode and press in flashtoll root)
  • 5. Install FreeXperiaRecovery (connect phone again, click "ask root permissions" and then click on xrecovery button)
  • 6. Download the Cm7 rom form here, and the two files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073859
  • 7. Copying all files needed for flashing the rom on your sdcard: Cm7 rom and the Screen off fix
  • 8. Reboot and check if you can enter Recovery
  • 9. If not, start at the point where you install it via Flashtool
  • 10. If yes, take out the battery and wait ~15-30 sec.
  • 11. Now put your battery in again and flash the .ftf bundle from the thread i linked above
  • 12. If it flashed succesfully reboot and enter Recovery. Make ALL available wipes (full wipe, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe battery stats, wipe dalvik cache. I think that are all, right?) Now DON'T reboot before you made the next step, cause you have to start from zero if you reboot before making the next step
  • 13. Flash the Cm7 rom
  • 14. Flash the screen off fix
  • 15. Reboot and wait until you get into the rom.

Note:
I know that J provides a own Baseband package, but i use this .ftf bundle, where I mixed the 435 Firmware parts with the amss.sin of the bb.52 bundle available in the bbcollection thread and I haven't any problems with this and on that way, you haven't to flash always the normal and the modded bb if you switch between roms.

Last edited:

avez197

Aug 17, 2010
Toronto
Cause of I read it from many users, that they get WLODs anymore on the newest Cm7 release from J and I haven't problems, I'll share a list with steps to install it, with that it worked for me perfectly.

• 2. Boot up into stock
  • 4. Root it (connect phone with activated debugging mode and press in flashtoll root)
  • 5. Install FreeXperiaRecovery (connect phone again, click "ask root permissions" and then click on xrecovery button)
  • 6. Download the Cm7 rom form here, and the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073859
  • 7. Copying all files needed for flashing the rom on your sdcard: Cm7 rom and the Screen off fix
  • 11. Now put your battery in again and flash the .ftf bundle from the thread i linked above
  • 12. If it flashed succesfully reboot and enter Recovery. Make ALL available wipes (full wipe, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe battery stats, wipe dalvik cache. I think that are all, right?)
  • 13. Flash the Cm7 rom

Note:
I know that J provides a own Baseband package, but i use this .ftf bundle, where I mixed the 435 Firmware parts with the amss.sin of the bb.52 bundle available in the bbcollection thread and I haven't any problems with this and on that way, you haven't to flash always the normal and the modded bb if you switch between roms.

Hi there. I am curious to try this. How is your battery life. Also, which version are you running, the previous "b" or "c". Reason i ask is because on your signature, it says "7.0.3-X10-J020b"

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hi there. I am curious to try this. How is your battery life. Also, which version are you running, the previous "b" or "c". Reason i ask is because on your signature, it says "7.0.3-X10-J020b"

I have runned this way J020b, I would try the c, but I can't! It's bad, but my phone is at the se service point for repairing it. But if I get it back, I'll install directly the latest Cm7 version again.

Reactions: avez197

nadiros

Mar 3, 2010
New Westminster
@ 9Lukas5

Hey, just for clarification - I thought it was never a good idea to use the option
"format system" in the "partion tools" sub menu of xrecovery?

Doing this will erase everything - including xrecovery itself [self destruct] and therefore the user would not have any option except complete reflash if anything were to go wrong with the subsequent install.... ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: if this is what you meant by "wipe system" in OP !

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Lukas5

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
@ 9Lukas5

Hey, just for clarification - I thought it was never a good idea to use the option

Doing this will erase everything - including xrecovery itself [self destruct] and therefore the user would not have any option except complete reflash if anything were to go wrong with the subsequent install.... ?

Yes i ment this.............maybe you're right, cause it will be formatted by installing the rom, too.........hm..will correct op.

Edit: I made it that way always, and had never problems, so i haven't thought about it.

BULL3TPR00F

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
no its COMPLETELY fine to format system AS LONG AS, you flash the rom RIGHT AFTER (DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE BEFORE FLASHING ROM AS RECOVERY WILL HAVE BEEN ERASED).

When you format system, and install the rom, the rom has recovery built into it as well and it installs the recovery to your system partition when you flash the rom.

So as long as you dont reboot after format system and install the rom first, your fine.

Reactions: nadiros

lunarjetman1

Dec 25, 2010
Hello 9lukas5,

I thought I might mention that I've finally managed to fix my wlod but by installing setcpu on the earlier version of J's rom I was using, and setting it up to on boot run the processor at the usual 998 speed. Then I flashed the update.zip (from j's latest release, just formats the system) which didn't remove setcpu so the cpu was running at 998, this stopped all the random reboots and wlods.

I tried for a couple of weeks to use an update, trying so many different ways of stopping my phone being unusable as soon as I flashed the updates due to wlods.

Just though I'd mention it in this thread as it was on topic. Not everyones fix I'm sure, but helped me.

Cheers for all your support and help with installing the roms.

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

nadiros

Mar 3, 2010
New Westminster
no its COMPLETELY fine to format system AS LONG AS, you flash the rom RIGHT AFTER (DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE BEFORE FLASHING ROM AS RECOVERY WILL HAVE BEEN ERASED).

When you format system, and install the rom, the rom has recovery built into it as well and it installs the recovery to your system partition when you flash the rom.

So as long as you dont reboot after format system and install the rom first, your fine.
K - Right on, ty. Just so it's out there and people know ;-)

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I believe the majority of WLODs are to due with the CPU constantly running at full speed.
I was getting a lot of WLODs with FreeXperia Kernel-10 on my ROM until I manually set the CPU governor to on demand.
Just go into Cyanogen Settings and change the CPU governor to on demand (it probably already is set to on demand, so change it to something else and then change it back to on demand).
After that my CPU was running at more than the max frequency and I haven't had many WLOD's (think I've had one since, a major improvement).

Reactions: r4p70r

iptelesys

Jul 22, 2010
Erm not to be funny but their are no WLOD due to the changes J has made in his new version, regardless of how I flash it, no WLOD anymore... It has nothing to do with the way you flash the rom that caused this...

lunarjetman1

Dec 25, 2010
Hello all,

the main trouble I had causing wlod, was definitely the clock speed. When I flashed the rom (about twenty times, different ways) I would not get enough time to configure any cpu settings, or any other settings, before my phone crashed and it would just start to bootloop with wlod.

I had to install setcpu on an older version of j's rom which didn't have overclock. Checked the box to apply settings on boot. So that when I flashed j's latest rom which is just the update of the system, all my apps were there (didn't bother wiping cache, data, etc) setcpu was still running on boot to keep the cpu set to 998.

Haven't had a single problem since, apart from low battery phone crash.

I tried so many different ways to flash before trying this, hope this helps someone.

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• 2. Boot up into stock
    • 6. Download the Cm7 rom form here, and the two files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073859
    • 12. If it flashed succesfully reboot and enter Recovery. Make ALL available wipes (full wipe, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe battery stats, wipe dalvik cache. I think that are all, right?) Now DON'T reboot before you made the next step, cause you have to start from zero if you reboot before making the next step
    • 13. Flash the Cm7 rom

Note:

I have runned this way J020b, I would try the c, but I can't! It's bad, but my phone is at the se service point for repairing it. But if I get it back, I'll install directly the latest Cm7 version again.
    @ 9Lukas5

I believe the majority of WLODs are to due with the CPU constantly running at full speed.
    I was getting a lot of WLODs with FreeXperia Kernel-10 on my ROM until I manually set the CPU governor to on demand.
    Just go into Cyanogen Settings and change the CPU governor to on demand (it probably already is set to on demand, so change it to something else and then change it back to on demand).
    After that my CPU was running at more than the max frequency and I haven't had many WLOD's (think I've had one since, a major improvement).