[STOCK][C650X][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569 [Root & XZDualRecovery][DE-/ODEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

The C6503 ROM is based on the FTF provided by @Androxyde in this thread. Thanks dude :)

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

How to update to 10.4.B.0.569:

1. Files: Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C650X.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C650X_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash 'C650X.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in TWRP (after flashing the ROM also flash 'SuperSU_fix.zip', needed only when using the C6503 package)
    do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C650X_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf';
  7. Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

The first boot will be considerably slower and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone.

As I do not have a ZL, @Bird40 tested this release prior to creating the thread, so I know it works fine :)

Enjoy! :laugh:

DE-ODEX your ROM! (Read the NOTE below this guide before flashing!)

AFAIK you can use this deodex package on the C6502 and C6506, as the base apps and framework are the same.
  1. Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
  2. Download C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip (Bittorrent: 383MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  3. Put 'C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash 'C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
  6. Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine :)

NOTE: There are some issues with the deodexed ROM, it sometimes causes a FC, specifically if you go to keyboard & language settings through the settings app. I'm not able to find why it does this but my guess is that it's a bug in the Sony ROM that surfaces with deodexing it... :( There is a work around for this one though: Open any keyboard driven app (text editing/entering box), tap '12!?' and then tap the tools button on the right of the space bar. This will take you to the app to modify your keyboard settings.

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore a /system ONLY using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using [Z][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit.
  • Install XZDualRecovery and then try to update again using TWRP. This time you can skip the FTF as it has already done it's job.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /tmp/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

felipeacydc

Feb 8, 2013
santiago
i have a problem.....
when i give root acces to a app (like root explorer or unnistaller root) before the update, i have no problems with root access after the update.... but if i do this after update, i mean, install a root app after update, i have not root access for that app, even if i have the supersu app and recovery.
any idea about how to resolve it????

MY PRINCIPAL PROBLEMS IS WITH XPOSED

Reactions: batrian

batrian

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
There is one problem, Xposed Framework doesn work :( I installed the last version but still when I reboot phone, it still shows me framework is not installed yet and tells me I need to reboot again, but still it doesn work.

Anyone got this issue?

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
i have a problem.....
when i give root acces to a app (like root explorer or unnistaller root) before the update, i have no problems with root access after the update.... but if i do this after update, i mean, install a root app after update, i have not root access for that app, even if i have the supersu app and recovery.
any idea about how to resolve it????

MY PRINCIPAL PROBLEMS IS WITH XPOSED

There is one problem, Xposed Framework doesn work :( I installed the last version but still when I reboot phone, it still shows me framework is not installed yet and tells me I need to reboot again, but still it doesn work.

Anyone got this issue?

xposed issue is known .. Rovo89 is already working on it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: batrian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

The C6503 ROM is based on the FTF provided by @Androxyde in this thread. Thanks dude :)

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

How to update to 10.4.B.0.569:

1. Files: Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C650X.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C650X_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    5. Flash 'C650X.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in TWRP (after flashing the ROM also flash 'SuperSU_fix.zip', needed only when using the C6503 package)
      do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C650X_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf';
    7. Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

The first boot will be considerably slower and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone.

As I do not have a ZL, @Bird40 tested this release prior to creating the thread, so I know it works fine :)

Enjoy! :laugh:

DE-ODEX your ROM! (Read the NOTE below this guide before flashing!)

AFAIK you can use this deodex package on the C6502 and C6506, as the base apps and framework are the same.
    1. Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
    2. Download C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip (Bittorrent: 383MB), save it somewhere you remember;
    3. Put 'C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    5. Flash 'C6503_deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
    6. Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine :)

NOTE: There are some issues with the deodexed ROM, it sometimes causes a FC, specifically if you go to keyboard & language settings through the settings app. I'm not able to find why it does this but my guess is that it's a bug in the Sony ROM that surfaces with deodexing it... :( There is a work around for this one though: Open any keyboard driven app (text editing/entering box), tap '12!?' and then tap the tools button on the right of the space bar. This will take you to the app to modify your keyboard settings.

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore a /system ONLY using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using [Z][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit.
    • Install XZDualRecovery and then try to update again using TWRP. This time you can skip the FTF as it has already done it's job.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /tmp/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me.

Thank you :)
    YES, I found the solution to the supersu issues :victory:

Grab SuperSU_fix.zip and flash it in recovery. This will fix the super user issues and restore the question box for every app that requests root.

It is a modified update zip from @Chainfire, he created it, I modified it to undo a small 'fix' which was causing the problems.
    Settings.apk

@[NUT] bro...

Here is a new deodexed Settings.apk free of fc´s! I´ve not tested it with all settings, but at least here "keyboard & language settings" has been fixed. So please, take a look on it carefully and feel free to use it as you want!
    any chance to get a seeder to download DEODEX zip file via .torrent?
    there are a plenty leechers with 0%... for 3 days I never saw anyone with 100%
    Untitled1.png

Heh, that's my bad... I forgot to activate the main seed :laugh: Should now be downloading ;)

Thanks so much NUT :) Now I understand, so to be on safer side I will follow the guide precisely as indicated.

I asked it because I like to know thing why we do it :D

And you have the right to know why, so I am glad I've been able to make it clear for you :)

Big thanks @[NUT]
    Mine is Xperia ZQ (brazilian ZL)

Cool, have fun theming for it :)
    trouble with root requests solved: SuperSU - settings - Switch superuser app -> Continue, then go to play.google and install app again. after this permission requsts back to me ))