Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [TUT] Flashing your First GSM …
31st December 2009, 04:02 PM |#2  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,151

Donate to Me
More
FAQ FOR FLASHING HTC HD2 (LEO)

Q. I can't get it working I need help.
A.
If you need help you do need to provide as much detailed information as possible or we cant do anything.

What process are you trying to do? Installing HardSPL? Flashing Radio? Flashing Rom?

List each step you completed and where you got the error with the exact error code you was given if you got one.

Also exactly what operating system do you have on your pc?

If you do not provide this and just leave a message saying "I cant get it working, what do I do?" then I will know you havent looked at the FAQ before posting and you will be referred here.

--------------------------

Q. What is a Radio?
A: The Radio is the Firmware that works between the Operating System and the Cellular Hardware. It handles the Sound, Camera, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Phone Calls, etc. The Radio must be compatable with the ROM's Operating System or you may experience problems with your sound and camera.

--------------------------

Q: What is the difference between SPL, SSPL and HardSPL?
A: SPL (secondary program loader) is part of the firmware that allows your phone to flash Roms, Radios, Splash Screens. Carrier locked so you can only use it to flash Roms from your own carrier.

SSPL (soft secondary program loader) is a temporary way to allow your phone to flash custom roms only (not radios). This doesnt give your phone the protection that HardSPL gives you.

HardSPL (as the name sugests) is installed permanently and allows you to flash anything to your phone. Its patched to protect you against bricking in the event of a bad flash and will let you get back into the bootloader to restore your system when a stock SPL wont. Always the best thing to have.

---------------------------

Q: What is the difference between ROM and RADIO?
A: The Rom is the operating system and included patches, tweaks and programs. The Radio is a seperate part of the firmware on the phone that handles all communation related matters such as signal, gps, bluetooth, camera, wifi and sound. Newer Radios to include improvements or fixes in older version, or even just to compliment an existing Rom or network so a newer Radio isnt neccessarily better. Radios also need to be matched to the correct Rom so you cant just put any Radio and Rom together.

Q: How do Stock ROMS differ from Cooked ROMS?
A: Stock Roms usually have extra 'bloatware' added which take up extra space on the phone. Custom Roms are stripped down to provide more space and most are tweaked to provide a faster more stable Operating System. Every chef is different so you have to look around the forums to see which Rom is best for your needs.

Q: What happens if I flash a Stock Rom via microSD Card?
A:
Flashing a stock rom via microsd card will overwrite your rom, radio, splashscreen and SPL with the ones included on the stock rom. With previous devices I believe the HardSPL couldnt be overwritten this way but as bepe developed this version it must have been done differently. Stock Roms can safely be flashed via activesync and this method will flash the Rom, Radio and SPlashscreen but will not overwrite the HardSPL with a Stock SPL.

Q: Can I download official roms from the HTC Website?
A: Use the following serial number on the respective HTC site (thanks to mooooooa):

World Wide English (WWE) - Serial: HT9AZNW00968
South East Asia (Asian WWE) - Serial:HT01XNW03437
Denmark: (DAN) - Serial: HT9B6NW00167
Norway: (NOR) - Serial: HT9C7NW01234
France: (FRA) - Serial: HT9BLNW00122
Spain: (SPA) - Serial: HT9BDNW00592
Italy: (ITA) - Serial: HT9BCNW00722
Greek: (ELL) - Serial: HT9BMNW00059
Germany: (GER) - Serial: HT9B9NW00374
Netherlands: (NLD) - Serial: HT9AVNW01232
Russian: (RUS) - Serial: HT9BCNW00012
Turkey: (TUR) - Serial: HT9CMNW05766
East Europe: (WWE_EastEurope) - Serial: HT9B3NW02204

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free