Can't connect to Kies on PC

Search This thread

Bart1981

Dec 4, 2006
Utrecht
Same problems with Kies here. It just stays on 'connecting'. Strange thing is, it worked for a short time, but after that, I never got it to work again...

andrej.marinic

Jul 23, 2010
Belgrade
kies is one of the worst programs ever. alone the fact that it states a dual-core processor as a requirement let's you think twice before actually using it.

odin should be your best friend from now on.

Bart1981

Dec 4, 2006
Utrecht
Wow it's amazing! I've got it working again (Win7 64)!!!
My problem was, like many others, within kies, it just stayed on connecting. Nothing else happened. Now I got it working again.

This is what I did...
1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
2) After removing the Samsung Kies Drivers, I removed Samsung Kies.
3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
4) Downloaded the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website
5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
6) After installation I started Samsung Kies with administrator rights.
7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiënt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Well I hope this will work also for you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahlin

HCTerrorist

Aug 8, 2010
Bilzen

This is what I did...
1) First I removed the Samsung Kies USB Drivers (start, control panel, programs and features)
3) After I removed Samsung Kies I shut down my computer, and after that rebooted it again (I know a simple reboot should do the trick, but I thought, better safe then sorry)
5) Installed Samsung Kies with administrator rights (right click, run as administrator)
7) After Samsung Kies started, I connected the phone with the provided usb cable (make shure USB Debugging is of!)
8) Now windows will automaticly install the needed drivers (be patiënt it may take some time) Also make shure your phone screen won't go off, or that the phone is locked.
9) Now it should be working again. First I saw a message windows found a external hard drive and not long after that Samung Kies saw my phone.

Did everything exactly as described, and everything went just the way u described it, except the bold part :D

Kies simply will not connect to my device as it states my device is not supported.

Bart1981

Dec 4, 2006
Utrecht
Yeah well, that's also an other problem compared to the one I had. Mine simply stayed on "connecting" I didn't get an error like yours.

artesea

Oct 2, 2008
Lincoln
Removed drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled, plugged in with screen prodded to stop it timing out. CDC Serial fails everytime.
Managed to get Kies working on the WinXP Netbook, but it refused to install the latest firmware as there was limited space on the harddrive (wanted a minimum of 3gb!), however I just switched to ODIN once the drivers were working.

artesea

Oct 2, 2008
Lincoln
Turns out, removing drivers from Device Manager, uninstalling Samsung Kies, turning off PC, turning it back on, running the Kies installer via Administrator mode, waiting, turning off USB debugging on phone, making TwLauncher default, setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, go back to Kies installer, say no to running now, run Kies from desktop via Administrator mode finally got the drivers installed.

troed

Nov 16, 2009
Vienna
www.perfectsmileandface.com
There must be something special with the original micro-USB cable delivered with the SGS II

Whenever I charge my SGS II with my Hama-Charger and connect it to the SGS II with the original cable it immediately shows the screen: "connecting to Kies" which does not happen using a standard USB-cable.

So methinks that some connection probs with Kies might origin from using not the provided micro-USB-cable .......................

Noxys

Apr 14, 2011
Strange enough, I solved my Kies connection problem by pushing the volume rocker up (it was on silent).
I also had to change the auto lock time to 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

Ahlin

May 12, 2011
Borås
epsiloon.se
Hi there!
I actually managed to sync the phone with my dads computer without any trouble, so the problem most be somewhere in my computer. I began having these problems around may 21:st, and I removed every programs and drivers I installed that day, and the day before that. Because before that, I could connect to Kies, but then for some strange reason everything went wrong.... I will continue searching for some driver or software that might disturb Kies in some way....

AAAGHH.... This is so fu***** annoying....

tempest2112

Aug 25, 2007
Manchester
Have you tried using windows restore point just in case when you have removed the apps etc from those two days it has left something behind. It might be worth a shot to go further back in time .

PeteRyde

Apr 30, 2011
Hello. I also have problems connecting through kies. My computer can't install CDC serial drivers. I don't have a clue why do I need CDC serial.

I noticed that if the cdc serial driver fails to install correctly, Kies will just keep saying connecting but not connect. I installed the Galaxy S drivers from Softpedia and it then worked.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Jayman007

Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I too have the exact same problem with my SGSII (i9100).

Kies tries to connect, only to result in a "This device is not supported by Kies 2.0".

I tried using diffirent USB-ports, reinstalling Kies (latest version ofc.) and reinstalling drivers.

USB-debugging is off ofcourse. I also tried different languages (Dutch and English UK), I'm using stock TW 4.0 and i haven't rooted my phone.

I can drag&drop files from my PC onto my phone with simple copy/paste.
Strange that Windows (7 x64) does recognise my phone.

I can not however get Kies to recognise/connect to it.

I have exactly this problem as well and it's been an issue since the day I took the gs2 out of the box. Kies try's to connect and sees my phone as does the computer and then "Unsupported device alert. This device is not supported by Keis 2.0 Make sure that your device is supported and try again"

I tried everything including different computers and ALWAYS get the exact same result. I stopped trying for a couple months until today and when I started keis I saw that it wanted to update so I let it. Still same issue. I have uninstalled and re downloaded the keis software from Samsung and no matter what I do I get "unsupported device".

I definitely get past the connection phase but keis does not like my gs2.. I might add that I have a i9000t but I have yet to see anyone else with a t complain of this issue. I have searched high and low for a solution but none can be found.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the exact same problem... I've Googled around and tried tons different suggestions, but none of them seems to work.... I'm going crazy!!!

Please update thread if any one of you find a solution! :)
    My problem was, like many others, within kies, it just stayed on connecting. Nothing else happened. Now I got it working again.

This is what I did...