Android 4.1 - TF700

Search This thread

Gary Key

Apr 28, 2011
www.asus.com
Good Day,

Official Press Statement -

Dear Valued ASUS Customers,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for your continued support.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.14.1 Release is held.

North American Update - 9/27/2012
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.

North American Update -
The JB update will be rolling out today. I highly recommend doing a factory reset on ICS, reboot, load the JB update, shutdown, and then start. It will offer the best performance compared to a straight update to JB, especially if you have a lot of apps or custom software loaded. Yes, it is a pain but it makes a real difference in the operation of the unit. Also, if you have rooted the unit I would recommend going back to a stock ICS load before updating. If you are unlocked, the JB update will not be available OTA.

In regards to applications, we have run through the top 500 apps on Play and there are a few applications that might only run in portrait mode or might white screen (Bike Race Free). Google is working with the developers on JB updates now. Also, several Google Apps will recommend an update (updates post 9/20) and we suggest accepting these for best performance.

Last edited:

hiemanshu

Feb 6, 2012
Bangalore
Good Day,

We are pleased to announce that we will soon be rolling out a major software update for both the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and ASUS Transformer Pad Prime (TF201), which will bring Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean to the devices. We always strive to deliver the latest updates for our customers – we hope you enjoy it.

North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.14.1 Release should be available within the next 72 hours.

Best news ever to us devs. Finally!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

hit173

Apr 13, 2010
Hope sooner than 72h can't freaking wait yay :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

adamhlj

Apr 24, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
If this is an official press release from ASUS for an android tablet, why is there a link to apple forums in the sig?

At any rate, I hope that this update fixes the problem with Netflix I have.

firetech

May 23, 2009
Lund
firetech.nu
Since the 9.4.5.30 update it's never a good day anymore for me. Why the #@$! did you have to add signature checks to the bootloader, even on unlocked devices, locking us out from flashing any bootloader we want, and therefore also locking us out from getting nvflash.

Why? Can you answer this question, Gary Key?
You yourself have posted in another thread that you want to give us nvflash access ("but it wasn't ASUS's decision"), why then lock us out when someone do provide a way?

woodsonmh

Dec 2, 2010
Gary is from asus. I don't why apple reference but its been in his stuff for a long time

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SplicedX

allan1313

Jan 12, 2011
Good news. Can't wait!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

If this is an official press release from ASUS for an android tablet, why is there a link to apple forums in the sig

Because he's rolling his eyes at Apple mucking up Wifi on the iPad, something Asus had and fixed? Because I remember Applefans yapping away about how great the iPad was and how the Transformer sucked for the WiFi issues.. which the iPad has, now...

Come on people, do you seriously not see the rolling eyes emoticon?

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
If this is an official press release from ASUS for an android tablet, why is there a link to apple forums in the sig?

At any rate, I hope that this update fixes the problem with Netflix I have.

GARY IS THE MAN. When the TF201 came out he was the one choosing users to test beta drivers from asus before been release to the public. He help us in the TF201 and now he is here with us. Thanx Gary looking forward for the update. The countdown begins.

noobwow

Aug 24, 2012
Great. I am backing up my apps and gonna to a factory reset before update to jb:laugh::laugh:

Ausmike

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
~~ GOOD NEWS ~~~ but ,,,,this comment ??

Because he's rolling his eyes at Apple mucking up Wifi on the iPad, something Asus had and fixed? Because I remember Applefans yapping away about how great the iPad was and how the Transformer sucked for the WiFi issues.. which the iPad has, now...

Come on people, do you seriously not see the rolling eyes emoticon?

something Asus had and - fixed >??? did ASUS add another Antenna wire >> so BT and Wifi is no longer sharing the SAME ONE WIRE ?

OR did ASus actually fixed something in EUROPE and not in USA ?? DONT THINK SO !!!

maybe I bought too early thats why got this 'single wire' PLUS a tf201 dock (keyboard labeled as tf201) ......:eek:

humnnn .... :crying:

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
WARNING: READ THIS NOW:
When Asus released their official Jelly Bean 4.1 update for the TF300, recoveries and ROMs based on ICS kernels were unable to boot. (I believe that this may be due to Trusted Platform). Most likely we'll see a repeat of this problem on the TF700 and TF201. Do not panic. I'll update TWRP as soon as possible to use updated kernels. Most likely we won't get kernel source right away so that means that JB users will not be able to back up and restore boot until we get the new kernel source. If you mess around with your recovery on your TF700 after installing JB you may end up soft-bricking your tablet. If you have nvflash access you will be able to fix it, but without nvflash you may end up with a brick that can only be fixed by Asus. You have been warned.

P.S. Might be a good idea to add this to the original post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Day,

North American Update -
    For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.14.1 Release is held.

For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.

North American Update -
    The JB update will be rolling out today. I highly recommend doing a factory reset on ICS, reboot, load the JB update, shutdown, and then start. It will offer the best performance compared to a straight update to JB, especially if you have a lot of apps or custom software loaded. Yes, it is a pain but it makes a real difference in the operation of the unit. Also, if you have rooted the unit I would recommend going back to a stock ICS load before updating. If you are unlocked, the JB update will not be available OTA.

In regards to applications, we have run through the top 500 apps on Play and there are a few applications that might only run in portrait mode or might white screen (Bike Race Free). Google is working with the developers on JB updates now. Also, several Google Apps will recommend an update (updates post 9/20) and we suggest accepting these for best performance.
    OK guys.. i have tried to clean the last few pages, but i know there is more i have missed...

Let me just say this; i understand user's frustrations with build quality and other issues. This is not the place the vent them. But the flaming is a real issue.. this thread was filled with needless fighting, and I expect better of the community. You " productive members of this forum" should know better than this - believe me when i say that the next person who causes a fight will have more than just their post deleted...

Carry on.. if you have a comment to make that is ON TOPIC, make it.. otherwise, more on..
    Release Update

10.4.4.14.1 Release is held.

For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.4.16 Release should be available early next week. A couple of applications that were recently updated (Facebook 1.9.10 on 9/20 as one example) required a last minute firmware update for the keyboard to operate correctly in the "Comment" area with Android 4.1. Sorry about the slight delay but this fix needed to be implemented before release.
    Why would you post just to ask someone why they posted..... um... hold a sec... seeing an infinite loop developing here...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

umm because both of the posts didnt really belong here.

1. The one giving the source that JB will be out in 72 hours, when that's exactly what the OP states, and also the OP is the source of the article he linked. Kinda redundant no?

2. The 2nd because it's totally off topic. What does updating superuser have anything to do with this topic?

and 3. because I'm a mod and I can post calling out someone who posted incorrectly or redundantly as it's my job to do so. :p
    WARNING: READ THIS NOW:
    When Asus released their official Jelly Bean 4.1 update for the TF300, recoveries and ROMs based on ICS kernels were unable to boot. (I believe that this may be due to Trusted Platform). Most likely we'll see a repeat of this problem on the TF700 and TF201. Do not panic. I'll update TWRP as soon as possible to use updated kernels. Most likely we won't get kernel source right away so that means that JB users will not be able to back up and restore boot until we get the new kernel source. If you mess around with your recovery on your TF700 after installing JB you may end up soft-bricking your tablet. If you have nvflash access you will be able to fix it, but without nvflash you may end up with a brick that can only be fixed by Asus. You have been warned.

P.S. Might be a good idea to add this to the original post.