[NFC UPDATE] [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Search This thread

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Can files be transferred from a windows PC to phone using this apk?
pnsdhrn
i'm curious too , tried but cud not figure it out
This is not currently possible with Fast File Transfer. Will consider implementing it in a future version.

Awessome app Indeed , THankyou , but not working if sending file from android to iphone 4s and 3gs (tested on both from my pantech burst [on ICS ]) but works fine from android to android (tested on pantech burst and HTC desire S)
What exactly did not work? Some files cannot be opened by the iPhone, and e.g. videos are streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, but that behavior is caused by Safari, so I can't change it.

DarkboyR

Aug 19, 2008
Santiago
Nice

Nice App... Too bad it doesnt work on my razr... i will test it on my I9100 though.... keep up the good work and thanks for the app!!!

vickee4u

Dec 16, 2010
Thane
WiFi File Transfer For Wp7 to 7.8

Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.
The app has received an update recently and now allows to display QR codes for easier setting up the receiving device.

Features:
  • Up to 20x speed of bluetooth :cool:
  • The receiver is device-independent
  • No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
  • No data usage for file transfers
  • The receiver does not have to have the app installed
  • Send single or multiple files
  • Easy to setup:
  • Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL

Facts:

Fast File Transfer
Developer: Florian Draschbacher
Price: Free
Platform: Android 2.3 and higher

Play Store Link:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.fastfiletransfer

PLEASE NOTE:
The app does not work on:
Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
Most HTC One devices
HTC EVO devices
Some Galaxy Y devices
Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7

These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering.:mad: Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.

Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!:D

Dear Fnd
Is it possibel same application for all windows phone 7. to 7.8 which can replace Bluetooth instantly
Thank you

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Awessome app Indeed , THankyou , but not working if sending file from android to iphone 4s and 3gs (tested on both from my pantech burst [on ICS ]) but works fine from android to android (tested on pantech burst and HTC desire S)
What exactly did not work? Some files cannot be opened by the iPhone, and e.g. videos are streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, but that behavior is caused by Safari, so I can't change it.
Yeah, same result with WiFi File Transfer Pro. It didn't work with an iPhone because of how :silly: Apple refuses to give users access to their files on their own device. :laugh: :p

I used WiFi File Transfer Pro up until now, but will of course try your app, because it's an enhanced/upgraded version of WiFi File Transfer Pro.
WiFi File Transfer Pro only makes a web server and needs a common Wi-Fi connection and you can send only 1 file at a time.

But to all of you that have problems with this app and want to transfer files between two devices also try WiFi File Transfer (free) and then upgrade to WiFi File Transfer Pro (paid) if it's working for you.
Or you could of course wait for support on more devices from this excellent app from FD_. :good: ;) :victory:

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Dear Fnd
Is it possibel same application for all windows phone 7. to 7.8 which can replace Bluetooth instantly
Thank you
No, this is not possible. You can't start programmatically control WiFi on WP.

Yeah, same result with WiFi File Transfer Pro. It didn't work with an iPhone because of how :silly: Apple refuses to give users access to their files on their own device. :laugh: :p
I tested this with various file formats and came to the result that it works, if you have an app installed on the iPhone that supports the file type you are sending. Moreover, videos, maybe MP3s too, will be streamed instead of downloaded by iOS devices, which is caused by Safari.

What specific problem have you experienced?

Barkat.Paki

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for the awesome idea.
Have someone tested it with htc explorer?
It keeps on initializing.......

pboy

Mar 1, 2005
Not working in LGOG

I'm getting stuck at initializing loop on LG Optimus G. Guess my device might belong on the nonfunctional device list :(.

Last edited:

tovivekmishra

May 13, 2012
Actually i was trying to send video file i.e. .avi
So what is the alternative u wud suggest for sharing file with iphone

Also this app is really good and fast ,atleast 10times compared to bluetooth (as i saw while transferring a file ) ,If we can transfer files to and fro with PC that wud be really neat, Also pls provide option for multiple files
I ll def donate to support such good initiative

darkangel1016

Nov 17, 2012
Bengaluru
confirm working on micromax a110, MTK6577 5inch dual sim phablet

Hi there,

Great work.
confirmed working on micromax a110, MTK6577 5inch dual sim phablet (India)
thanks a lot for the wonderful app
I tried with Win 7, 64 bit laptop and worked flawlessly for transferring one file. but how to transfer multiple files ?

Reactions: FD_

PaperRockets

Jul 11, 2012
Awesome!

This is the only WiFi-direct app that worked for me! All others failed miserably!
Transferred a 45MB file from Galaxy Note to Galaxy Infuse in under 10 seconds! :good::good:

A suggestion - A better icon in the next update please :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
    This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.

NEW VERSION 2.0 12/12/2014
    I'm proud to announce the release of Version 2.0, a complete rewrite with tons of new features.
    I've opened a new thread specifically dealing with the new version here.

NEW VERSION 1.2 03/02/2013
    Finally, the app allows pairing via NFC and more:
    • NFC (Beta)
      NFC can now be used for connecting to the WiFi and opening FFT'S web address
      You will have to install an app like WiFiTap on the receipient's device for connecting to the WiFi via NFC.
      Please note that WiFiTap only connects to a WiFi that not already known.
      NFC pairing is in BETA state currently. Send me an email if you experience problems.
    • New notifications that display progress, file size, current transfer speed and estimated transfer time
    • Hints for QR code and NFC
    • Added support for Android 2.2 (Tested on ZTE Blade)
    • Now continues sending when device's screen is turned off or the app is closed to background
    • Loads of bug fixes:
      • Error message on devices where the app could not get an IP
      • Multiple files should now work
      • Should now correctly restore WiFi Tethering
      • Menu works for devices without HW menu button
      • Progress correctly shown for files bigger than 4GB

Features:

• Up to 20x speed of bluetooth :cool:
    • The receiver is device-independent
    • No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
    • No data usage for file transfers
    • The receiver does not have to have the app installed
    • Send single or multiple files
    • Easy to setup:
    • Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL

Facts:

Fast File Transfer
    Developer: Florian Draschbacher
    Price: Free
    Platform: Android 2.2 and higher

Play Store Link:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.fastfiletransfer

PLEASE NOTE:
    The app does not work on:
    Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
    Most HTC One devices
    HTC EVO devices
    Some Galaxy Y devices
    Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7

These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering.:mad: Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.

Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!:D
    This project is amazinh but seems to be abandoned, its been a year since a major update happened.

Due to that Im using Super Beam which now works with gingerbread also.

I hope this project isnt dead

Enviado desde mi MB865 mediante Tapatalk

Hope the project is going good..i have recommended this app to all my friends in my college and many are benefited..thanks for keeping this project alive...:). Sad part is that i have changed my device and i am so sad that i could not use this app...

This project is NOT dead !!!
    I am currently working on the new version that will feature a number of major improvements. I am unfortunately not progressing as fast as I'd like to due to my full time job, but I have already set up the frames for all new features and some of them are already working.
    Stay tuned.
    (@josuearisty: you switched to the competitor :( ? )

Gesendet von meinem GT-N5100 mit Tapatalk
    Thread cleaned. Keep it civil guys ;)
    I'd like to share a bit of information on FastFileTransfer 2.0 with you:

Most new functions are implemented and working, and I am now building the new UI. As far as I can tell now, it will fit a lot more to Android's holo design.

Alltogether, FFT 2 will be a complete rewrite of the old version, with an improvement in any possible area.

Stay tuned!
    Please dont ask for estimated time, let this guy do his amazing work for this amazing app. :)
    Take your time man, so you can make it as good as possible.
    Thanks ;)
    BTW, I sticked without an option, as I implemented notifications, which would be useless without the app working in background too.
    Just try the update and tell me if you still need an option.

Good news guys!:laugh:
    I just uploaded version 1.2 to the Play Store. It will be available in a few hours.
    Added NFC and a few other things. Check the first post in this thread, I've updated it.

Unfortunately, I have to postbone big things like the receiving part for some months, as I am still busy preparing for my A levels.
    But still, I hope you'll like the new update.;)