Screen orientation landscape back to portrait not working

Search This thread

mtadao

Aug 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A71
My galaxy advance NFC version no longer goes back to portrait after going to landscape mode even after calibration and tilting it the other way makes it swing to the opposite landscape mode. It only goes to portrait when back to home screen. The phone is rooted and Corecore 9.8 and i had recently installed CM10.2 but did not like it and went back to 4.1.2 I9070PXXLPE and i suspect thats when the problem started. I have wiped caches factory reset and re installed several times with no success. Help guys

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
My galaxy advance NFC version no longer goes back to portrait after going to landscape mode even after calibration and tilting it the other way makes it swing to the opposite landscape mode. It only goes to portrait when back to home screen. The phone is rooted and Corecore 9.8 and i had recently installed CM10.2 but did not like it and went back to 4.1.2 I9070PXXLPE and i suspect thats when the problem started. I have wiped caches factory reset and re installed several times with no success. Help guys

I don't remember if in CM10.2 exist some Screen Calibration, but in JB 4.1.2 don't exist for sure. Try with CM10.2 and if not, you must downgrade to GB and do from there a caqlibration.
I have that issue in 4.1.2 and downgraded to GB, after that all is fine.

Good luck.

Reactions: mtadao

mtadao

Aug 6, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A71
Oh I will have to go GB? I have to check out how it's done. I got mine with JB out of box

Sent from my GT-I9070P using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Reactions: Naney and mtadao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh I will have to go GB? I have to check out how it's done. I got mine with JB out of box

I'm afraid you must downgrade to do that, but first try with CM10.2 and see if you can do that, i don't remember.

For downgrade use this guide EXACTLY: [ Solved ] How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6

I don't remember if in CM10.2 exist some Screen Calibration, but in JB 4.1.2 don't exist for sure. Try with CM10.2 and if not, you must downgrade to GB and do from there a caqlibration.
    I have that issue in 4.1.2 and downgraded to GB, after that all is fine.

Good luck.