[Q] Do something when phone removed from NFC Tag

Search This thread

SomeGuy2008

Aug 22, 2008
Iv done some reading and am still a little confused as to if I can use something like Trigger or something like Trigger to turn off toggles etc. when my phone is removed from a NFC Tag. Currently I use Trigger to turn on BT and Turn off Wifi etc.. when I place my phone on a NFC tag when I get into my car and that works great. But when I get out of my car and remove my phone from said NFC Tag I would like to turn off BT etc.. Can this be done?

I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 running NE9.

Thanks,

~SomeGuy2008

chrisbass

Jun 19, 2011
Norwich
www.pinchingmypalm.com
It can be done but you'll have to set up another trigger to disable them. So one trigger is turning on BT/ off Wifi when you touch it the first time. The second trigger would be the opposite BT off/ wifi on but you can't just remove it from the NFC tag, you have to tap it again

SomeGuy2008

Aug 22, 2008
Thanks for the idea. I found that I was over engineering the whole idea between Tasker and Trigger. After reading your reply I figured I would only use Trigger. I had to create 2 Tasks in Trigger. When I get into my car I put my phone into the phones car dock (which has a NFC Tag on it) . 1 triggers via NFC which turns on BT and connects to my Cars BT,disables wifi, enables Mobile Data and opens Waze or whatever navigation app I want. The other Task does the reverse when disconnecting from my Cars BT (aka getting out of my car and taking my phone with me). After various tests its about 99.99999% accurate. And I works with only 1 initial NFC tap.

Thanks again for the idea.

~SomeGuy2008