Votes: 30 15.5%
  • Icon 4 - Android Icon in Corner with Reminder Text

Votes: 48 24.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Description
I wrote this app because I constantly forget to look at the free app of the day on the Amazon market and have missed out on a few really good apps.

Help Needed
This is version 1.0 so I expect there to be some bugs. If you have any questions,comments, or issues with the app please let me know.

I've added a good bit of info to the notification and plan to include more info with the addition of a custom layout.

How do I use it?
Once installed open Appstore Reminder from your applications. Click on the reminder time option and set what time you'd like to be notified. You can click on Test Reminder option to generate an instant reminder to see how it will look.

Clicking on the notification will dismiss the notification and open the Amazon Appstore app where you can download the app.

Thanks to everyone who test's this. I'd love to hear feedback good or bad. I plan on posting this to the market after it's been tested by all you fine folks!

UPDATE 5/24/2011
Now on the Android market as Amazon Free App Reminder. If you'd like to donate for future development please consider purchasing the Market version. This will also ensure easier updated in the future and I've got some good ideas for future enhancements.

UPDATE 5/26/2011
I've attached three new icon suggestions. Let me know your thoughts and if you like any of them. Also any modifications to these three you feel would help.

UPDATE 6/01/2011
I've attached the final three icon's for voting via poll. Let me know what you all think.

UPDATE 10/04/2011
It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things. So the app is in the market now and I'll be uploading the latest version later tonight.

Thanks,
Cody

Change Log
Version 3
- Force closes should be fixed. With the exception of when there is no data signal
- Added options to enable/disable vibration, soundm and LED when notification is triggered

Thanks,
Cody (RaueSoft Development)

Here you can download the application

Attachments

• prefs.png
    prefs.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 6,482
  • notification.png
    notification.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 6,380
  • qrnotifier.png
    qrnotifier.png
    564 bytes · Views: 38,861
Last edited:

esoomenona

Jan 5, 2009
I've installed it and it seems to work rather well. It's nice that it tells you what app is available so you can decide whether or not you want to open to download, and that it provides quick access if you do want to. I'm curious though, why does this app need to access the sd card? Thanks for a great notification tool.

Sent from my Droid using XDA Premium App

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Very nice! Good work. This is something that should be built into the appstore. I don't see any issues at all.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
I've installed it and it seems to work rather well. It's nice that it tells you what app is available so you can decide whether or not you want to open to download, and that it provides quick access if you do want to. I'm curious though, why does this app need to access the sd card? Thanks for a great notification tool.

Sent from my Droid using XDA Premium App

esoomenona,

Thank you for testing. I believe the sdcard access is coming from using minsdkversion in the manifest file. There is a bug in Android that will show that permission when installing an app out of the market. Once it's loaded on the market that permission will not be needed. You can see the screen capture below from the market.

Thanks,
Cody

Attachments

• perms.png
    perms.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 3,392

nbaylinson

Apr 28, 2011
sorry if this is a noob thing, but mine is downloading as a .bin file, and ASTRO says it can't open it. what am I doing wrong?

rycheme

Jun 2, 2010
Giving it a try, thanks!

sent from my das BAMF made by unicorns and fairies.

orangeagent

Oct 10, 2008
I love this. I just downloaded and it seems to work perfect.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using XDA Premium App

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate the testing. I've added options to enable or disable the vibrate, sounds, and led notifications.

I'll be uploading that version to the market tomorrow sometime tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

meazz1

Jan 9, 2011
Auburn, GA
Thanks, nice little helpful app.

I always try to get the free apps I like but there are times I forget and feel bad later.

I hope this app will serve as a reminder.

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
Not sure why but the notifier didn't umm, notify me, at the set time.

Posted with StreakZilla, using XDA App.

kalipedia

Aug 17, 2010
New York
This is a great idea and I've installed and will let you know if there are any bugs. Well done!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    I wrote this app because I constantly forget to look at the free app of the day on the Amazon market and have missed out on a few really good apps.

Help Needed
    This is version 1.0 so I expect there to be some bugs. If you have any questions,comments, or issues with the app please let me know.

I've added a good bit of info to the notification and plan to include more info with the addition of a custom layout.

How do I use it?
    Once installed open Appstore Reminder from your applications. Click on the reminder time option and set what time you'd like to be notified. You can click on Test Reminder option to generate an instant reminder to see how it will look.

Clicking on the notification will dismiss the notification and open the Amazon Appstore app where you can download the app.

Thanks to everyone who test's this. I'd love to hear feedback good or bad. I plan on posting this to the market after it's been tested by all you fine folks!

UPDATE 5/24/2011
    Now on the Android market as Amazon Free App Reminder. If you'd like to donate for future development please consider purchasing the Market version. This will also ensure easier updated in the future and I've got some good ideas for future enhancements.

UPDATE 5/26/2011
    I've attached three new icon suggestions. Let me know your thoughts and if you like any of them. Also any modifications to these three you feel would help.

UPDATE 6/01/2011
    I've attached the final three icon's for voting via poll. Let me know what you all think.

UPDATE 10/04/2011
    It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things. So the app is in the market now and I'll be uploading the latest version later tonight.

Thanks,
    Cody

Change Log
    Version 3
    - Force closes should be fixed. With the exception of when there is no data signal
    - Added options to enable/disable vibration, soundm and LED when notification is triggered

Thanks,
    Cody (RaueSoft Development)

Here you can download the application
    The application should be back in the market now, can you all see it?

Feedback/feature requests welcomed :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

As Rob has stated the app is back on the market. It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Update coming

All,

I'm sorry I've been away for a while. Family issues coupled with work have really put me in a bad spot. I do this in my free time and lately haven't had any. I'll be adding some cool features like a widget, and some enhancements to the way the data is pulled down in the next few releases. Again I'm sorry for being away just have to get some things done.

If anyone is having a problem please email me so we can work it out.

Thanks,
    Cody
    The first icon with just the clock and the text is the best. I believe it looks the most professional of the three there. In my humble opinion, I'd stay away from having the android logo on it. Everyone already knows what os the app is for and you will just be cluttering up the small real estate you have to remind people. :p

I hope you release the updated version on here soon. :p
    Update is coming asking along nicely.

Cody

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    I agree that sound/vibe notifications need to be able to be toggled. That way, I can set it to check before I wake up and have it waiting for me.

Also, it would be good to have a way to disable the app completely without having to uninstall it or freeze it with Titanium Backup.

Great app idea!

My wife likes it, as she never thinks of checking the free app, but made me take it off her phone until it has options for no sound/vibrate. She just wants to see the icon in her notification bar. I saw the post that said those options were in the works, so I'll look forward to it and put it on her phone when it's available. I would like to see it in the market, so updates for her would be automatic. (She hates all this hacky stuff as she calls it:p)
    Yes options to toggle sound, vibrantion, and led's are all in the next release. I'm having some computer issues at the moment so it won't be until later tonight until I get it uploaded.

I'll add an option to toggle the notification. By default it will be on but you can always disable it to stop notifications all together.

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback. I'll be sure and update the thread title once I upload a new version. I hope everyone has a great day/night.

Cody