CDN-FastServer streams are not working on firestick with mx player

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Any chance of getting cdn-FastServer streams to work in mx player
They work fine in vlc & yesplayer

When playing a video from a cdn-FastServer on my phone mx player can play it but on the firestick it just eventually comes up with unable to play video

However vlc player (and others such as yes player) can play the stream on the firestick without issue

See below post for logs/error report

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Any chance of getting cdn-FastServer streams to work in mx player
They work fine in vlc & yesplayer

Could you please explain the issues in detail? It will be great if you can collect a bug report from MX Player help menu immediately after the issue.

NB: Kindly post the issues in a separate thread. Otherwise, It will be very difficult to track us.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Could you please explain the issues in detail? It will be great if you can collect a bug report from MX Player help menu immediately after the issue.

NB: Kindly post the issues in a separate thread. Otherwise, It will be very difficult to track us.

Here are the error logs (in attachment)

If I play a video that is hosted on a cdn-FastServer on my phone in mx player it plays fine but on my firestick the buffer circle just spins and eventually says cannot play this video

However if I open the same video stream in vlc on my firestick it plays fine meaning its not a firestick limitation but a problem with mx player playing these streams on a firestick

Attachments

• report_2018-06-04_104859.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 33

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Here are the error logs (in attachment)

If I play a video that is hosted on a cdn-FastServer on my phone in mx player it plays fine but on my firestick the buffer circle just spins and eventually says cannot play this video

However if I open the same video stream in vlc on my firestick it plays fine meaning its not a firestick limitation but a problem with mx player playing these streams on a firestick

It's strange. According to the logs, HW Decoder which is based on the android mediaplayer API implementation in your firmware has failed to play with unknown error. And FFMpeg has returned with 404 (File not found). Both are completely independent. Need to check whether there is something that is intercepting or blocking the connection of MX Player.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
It's strange. According to the logs, HW Decoder which is based on the android mediaplayer API implementation in your firmware has failed to play with unknown error. And FFMpeg has returned with 404 (File not found). Both are completely independent. Need to check whether there is something that is intercepting or blocking the connection of MX Player.

Any suggestions because like I said - the video plays fine in other players so it's not my Internet connection or anything on the firestick blocking it

MX player can play all other streams except from cdn-FastServer on the firestick
MX player can play cdn-FastServer streams on my phone

So there's something that mx player does differently on the firestick compared to my phone
The firestick is android 5 and my phone is android 7 both using the custom codec
So unless there are missing codecs that are native to android 7 & not 5 or just missing from the firestick I don't know what the difference is

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Any suggestions because like I said - the video plays fine in other players so it's not my Internet connection or anything on the firestick blocking it

MX player can play all other streams except from cdn-FastServer on the firestick
MX player can play cdn-FastServer streams on my phone

So there's something that mx player does differently on the firestick compared to my phone
The firestick is android 5 and my phone is android 7 both using the custom codec
So unless there are missing codecs that are native to android 7 & not 5 or just missing from the firestick I don't know what the difference is

are your Mobile and Firestick on the same network?
can you change the MX Player user agent (Check general Settings) to something like your mobile & check again?

FFmpeg should work as long as you are using the right version for your CPU architecture. If your CPU architecture is different, MX Player itself will show the error.

The logs from FFmpeg was clear that it has received 404. But, we couldn't reproduce it any of our devices. We have even directly tried FFmpeg command line version on desktops. It also works. Even if it's an FFmpeg fault, It will affect only HW+ & SW decoders. HW decoder is independent. As we said earlier, it's just a wrapper of android mediaplayer API implementation on your device. So, MX Player does not have many controls. But, It is also having the issues.

It is the clear indication that there is something that is preventing MX from connecting to the CDN. If it possible, can you use any debugging proxies & check the connection logs of yours firestick? In our tests, it receives 302 (Moved Temporarily along with the new URL) and then it connects to redirected URL properly.

If You clearly receives 404, then there might be some server configuration which might be preventing you from connecting to the server.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
are your Mobile and Firestick on the same network?
can you change the MX Player user agent (Check general Settings) to something like your mobile & check again?

FFmpeg should work as long as you are using the right version for your CPU architecture. If your CPU architecture is different, MX Player itself will show the error.

The logs from FFmpeg was clear that it has received 404. But, we couldn't reproduce it any of our devices. We have even directly tried FFmpeg command line version on desktops. It also works. Even if it's an FFmpeg fault, It will affect only HW+ & SW decoders. HW decoder is independent. As we said earlier, it's just a wrapper of android mediaplayer API implementation on your device. So, MX Player does not have many controls. But, It is also having the issues.

It is the clear indication that there is something that is preventing MX from connecting to the CDN. If it possible, can you use any debugging proxies & check the connection logs of yours firestick? In our tests, it receives 302 (Moved Temporarily along with the new URL) and then it connects to redirected URL properly.

If You clearly receives 404, then there might be some server configuration which might be preventing you from connecting to the server.

Both firestick & phone are on same network
Both have exactly same settings in mx player
Both are arm v7 neon

It doesn't explain why other players can play the cdn link on the firestick but mx player can't
Surely if something was blocking the link it would block it across all players unless it was an app specific block & I have set up no such block of apps either individually or globally
Equally if there was a server configuration block I don't see why they would block mx player connecting & not other players on a firestick especially as it works on a phone

I don't know if this would help but Iv attached the log of vlc whilst playing the stream on the firestick

Attachments

• vlc_logcat_20180605_125212.log
    205.3 KB · Views: 5

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Both firestick & phone are on same network
Both have exactly same settings in mx player
Both are arm v7 neon

It doesn't explain why other players can play the cdn link on the firestick but mx player can't
Surely if something was blocking the link it would block it across all players unless it was an app specific block & I have set up no such block of apps either individually or globally
Equally if there was a server configuration block I don't see why they would block mx player connecting & not other players on a firestick especially as it works on a phone

I don't know if this would help but Iv attached the log of vlc whilst playing the stream on the firestick

There are plenty of ways, a server could block a particular device or app.

Have you tried after changing the User Agent on MX Player to something like in your mobile or something generic like MXPlayer/1.9.24 ?

Unlike others, MX Player generates a unique user agent for every device model based on its build properties. If the CDN's redirect conditions block the particular UA string, then it could happen. As it works everywhere except Firestick, it could be a possible reason.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
There are plenty of ways, a server could block a particular device or app.

Have you tried after changing the User Agent on MX Player to something like in your mobile or something generic like MXPlayer/1.9.24 ?

Unlike others, MX Player generates a unique user agent for every device model based on its build properties. If the CDN's redirect conditions block the particular UA string, then it could happen. As it works everywhere except Firestick, it could be a possible reason.

Yes Iv changed it & it made no difference
Apart from the Android version & the build name they both use mozilla 5.0
I changed it to the generic string but it made no difference

Guess I'll just to use vlc for these streams

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Yes Iv changed it & it made no difference
Apart from the Android version & the build name they both use mozilla 5.0
I changed it to the generic string but it made no difference

Guess I'll just to use vlc for these streams

Can you collect the network data using a debugging proxy? It will help us to understand better.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Can you collect the network data using a debugging proxy? It will help us to understand better.

Not sure if this exactly what you wanted as I can only use apps which I find (no pc)

Iv captured the packets whilst playing the stream in mx player & vlc
You can see that vlc redirects to a different server where as mx player fails to redirect & says file not found

Attachments

• packet_captures.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 21

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Not sure if this exactly what you wanted as I can only use apps which I find (no pc)

You can see that vlc redirects to a different server where as mx player fails to redirect & says file not found

Thanks for your efforts.
In fact, MX has tried the redirected URL. It looks like a server side restriction as we have expected.

If you look at the #1 of MX & VLC get requests, both MX & VLC has sent a GET request for the same URL.
Code:
GET: /storage_movie/1/194057/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang%206/1.6/Watch%20World%20of%20Dance%20-%20Season%202%20For%20Free%20On%20yesmovies.to.mp4
HOST: cdn.vidnode.net

If you look at the Server Reply, Both has returned with 302 (i.e redirection). But with the different target location
For VLC, the server has returned with a valid video URL which is same as what we are receiving on our mobiles.
Code:
Location: https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/10000000_403505290165887_8647744692890370048_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJybHIiOjIwMDUsInJsYSI6NDA5NiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=2005&vabr=1337&oh=70cdf02f8b7a517206ca3be7918d6a2e&oe=5B18F57C

But, For MX, the server has returned with a URL which does not exist.
Code:
Location: http://cdn16.micetop.us/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang 6/1.6/Watch World of Dance - Season 2 For Free On yesmovies.to.mp4

Then both VLC & MX has tried whatever URL it has received. As VLC has received a valid URL, it has played the file. But, MX has received an invalid URL. So, it has failed to play.

Can you provide the actual source of the URLs?
MX Player API allows passing any HTTP headers which are required for the connection. The application which calls MX through intents sends the referer as "https://vidnode.net/". When MX Passes the received referer on the GET request, the server returns with the invalid redirection URL. If there is no referer is passed on the headers, server properly returns the valid URL.

So, there might be some configs on the server which decides the redirection URL based on the Referer. We are not sure whether it's intentional or mistake.

So, it is something that has to be fixed on the app which calls MX Player or on the server end. We can't drop the HTTP referer on the GET requests as it will break the apps that genuinely rely on it.

You can confirm this by directly inputting the URL on the MX Player's network stream option.
Code:
http://cdn.vidnode.net/storage_movie/1/194057/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang%206/1.6/Watch%20World%20of%20Dance%20-%20Season%202%20For%20Free%20On%20yesmovies.to.mp4

If this works, Kindly contact the app developer of the parent app which is calling the MX.

Reactions: TheFixItMan

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks for your efforts.
In fact, MX has tried the redirected URL. It looks like a server side restriction as we have expected.

If you look at the #1 of MX & VLC get requests, both MX & VLC has sent a GET request for the same URL.
Code:
GET: /storage_movie/1/194057/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang%206/1.6/Watch%20World%20of%20Dance%20-%20Season%202%20For%20Free%20On%20yesmovies.to.mp4

If you look at the Server Reply, Both has returned with 302 (i.e redirection). But with the different target location
For VLC, the server has returned with a valid video URL which is same as what we are receiving on our mobiles.
Code:
Location: https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/10000000_403505290165887_8647744692890370048_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJybHIiOjIwMDUsInJsYSI6NDA5NiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=2005&vabr=1337&oh=70cdf02f8b7a517206ca3be7918d6a2e&oe=5B18F57C

Code:
Location: http://cdn16.micetop.us/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang 6/1.6/Watch World of Dance - Season 2 For Free On yesmovies.to.mp4

Then both VLC & MX has tried whatever URL it has received. As VLC has received a valid URL, it has played the file. But, MX has received an invalid URL. So, it has failed to play.

MX Player API allows passing any HTTP headers which are required for the connection. The application which calls MX through intents sends the referer as "https://vidnode.net/". When MX Passes the received referer on the GET request, the server returns with the invalid redirection URL. If there is no referer is passed on the headers, server properly returns the valid URL.

So, there might be some configs on the server which decides the redirection URL based on the Referer. We are not sure whether it's intentional or mistake.

So, it is something that has to be fixed on the app which calls MX Player or on the server end. We can't drop the HTTP referer on the GET requests as it will break the apps that genuinely rely on it.

You can confirm this by directly inputting the URL on the MX Player's network stream option.
Code:
http://cdn.vidnode.net/storage_movie/1/194057/cdn2_vidcdn_pro/movie/hoaphuong/Thang%206/1.6/Watch%20World%20of%20Dance%20-%20Season%202%20For%20Free%20On%20yesmovies.to.mp4

If this works, Kindly contact the app developer of the parent app which is calling the MX.

Yes inputting the stream directly into mx player alows it to work

So the app that calls mx player to play the link is doing something to stop it working
It's odd because on my phone that same app which calls mx player allows it to play fine

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Yes inputting the stream directly into mx player alows it to work

So the app that calls mx player to play the link is doing something to stop it working
It's odd because on my phone that same app which calls mx player allows it to play fine

Thanks for your help

In fact, the calling app sends the full set of http headers to be used (including the user agent string). As the app has requested, It will be used on http connection despite your custom User Agent settings. You could see a Windows UA on the http logs.

As the invalid redirection URL also a media url, it could be even a conflict on server which is triggered when using the referer. So, we are not sure that whether intentionally done or not.

Btw, Can you specify the name of the app?
It will help us to provide a better support for those who has similar issues.

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
In fact, the calling app sends the full set http headers to be used (including the user agent string). As the app has requested, It will be used on http connection despite your custom User Agent settings. You could see a Windows UA on the http logs.

As the invalid redirection URL also a media url, it could be even a conflict on server which is triggered when using the referer. So, we are not sure that whether intentionally done or not.

Btw, Can you specify the name of the app?
It will help us to provide a better support for those who has similar issues.

Imagine if there were hardly any planets in the planetarium

Bit cryptic but you should be able to work out the app from that lol as I can't post it here for obvious reasons

Last edited:

Mndj

Jul 11, 2019
Volka IPTV crush

I have a similar issue, my iptv application "Volka Pro2" keeps crushing on amazon Fire stick but not on my Mobile phone. I get an error " error creating player"
Anyone with similar problem who have figured out the solution?

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I have a similar issue, my iptv application "Volka Pro2" keeps crushing on amazon Fire stick but not on my Mobile phone. I get an error " error creating player"

It seems to be an issue with the app. As this subforum is dedicated for MX Player related queries, request you to post your query in an appropriate section for better support.

Reactions: Mndj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your efforts.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

It seems to be an issue with the app. As this subforum is dedicated for MX Player related queries, request you to post your query in an appropriate section for better support.