Flashing Epic to Boost, quick question before purchasing donor

Search This thread

bugzy3188

Feb 26, 2011
I have been in the process of attempting to flash my Epic 4g to boost for about a week now (with very limited time each day). Thanks to the help of some awesome people here on the forum I have made quite a bit of progress. I have however, hit a wall. I am currently attempting to use a Samsung Replenish which I purchased with GB 2.3.6 pre-installed. I have gotten to the point where I need to extract the HA/AAA keys from the donor and it is locked down tighter than (insert random virgin joke here...). I have tried two methods, method 1- reading NV Items 465,466,1192, and 1194, this method gives me four text files, each of which say access denied toward the top and give me nothing but goose eggs. method 2- using QXDM typing password (spc) which works fine, I have the right SPC and it accepts it, but then when I type the requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof command (and I have tried prof 1 and prof 0) it says "error recieved from target". I am not familiar with anything more technical than what I explained, I know my way around these phones a bit and am technically savvy, but I do not know any code or anything like that.

I stated in my first post that I dont mind having to spend money to get my epic to boost but I would like to avoid it. With that being said, I would like to know if there is anything that I can try before pulling the trigger on a Sanyo Incognito (which to my understanding is one of the easier phones to use for this process). I have read that flashing back to froyo might help, but I cant find anything on flashing the Replenish back to Froyo as no one seems to want to do it. If anyone has any advice on flashing back to Froyo or anything else that I can try to get those keys I would be eternally grateful (well maybe for a day or two, after that I'd probably forget...anyways...)

thanks in advance for any help!!

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
Even though you're trying to flash an Epic 4G, this question is more applicable to a Replenish forum (if there is one), where people have experience reading these NV items on that particular model.

Some things to try:
Try first sending "password 01F2030F5F678FF9" in QXDM. (I wouldn't be surprised if this password did not work for the Replenish. Some Samsung devices have unique passwords.)
Try DFS CDMA Tool.
Try reading /nvm/num/ in QPST EFS Explorer.

bugzy3188

Feb 26, 2011
Even though you're trying to flash an Epic 4G, this question is more applicable to a Replenish forum (if there is one), where people have experience reading these NV items on that particular model.

Some things to try:
Try first sending "password 01F2030F5F678FF9" in QXDM. (I wouldn't be surprised if this password did not work for the Replenish. Some Samsung devices have unique passwords.)
Try DFS CDMA Tool.
Try reading /nvm/num/ in QPST EFS Explorer.

Yeah, unfortunately for me, this phone isn't very popular...especially in the hacking/flashing community so my resources are limited, I did not see a thread dedicated to this phone on here. I tried using the password that you gave me and it did accept it but did not change my result. I also tried using efs explorer and each file that I save/view says secret and nothing else....

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
Usually reading EFS is blocked until you send the 16 digit password, but it sounds like you did that already. Sorry, I've never used a Replenish, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Reactions: bugzy3188

bugzy3188

Feb 26, 2011
Usually reading EFS is blocked until you send the 16 digit password, but it sounds like you did that already. Sorry, I've never used a Replenish, so I'm not sure what else to do.

NP thanks anyway, I went ahead and bought an Incognito. I got a deal on ebay, for a nonfunctional unit with guaranteed ESN as well as USB capabilities for $35, the dealer sells them specifically for the purpose of donor/flashing. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days for an almost fully functional Epic...At least now I get to play around with some roms and fine tune that sucker to my exact liking :D

bugzy3188

Feb 26, 2011
One more quick question though, When I get the phone, should I transfer my boost account to it BEFORE I flash the epic? or can I just flash it, call from the epic and transfer it all that way?

soulassasin187

Jun 19, 2010
You need to have the incognito on boost first. When you transfer the account to incognito they will program the phone for you. I would suggest you to talk to a live person at boost when you activate the incognito. Write down the spc code and mdn number. This will save you some time. After that everything else should be easy. Program the epic with the information from incognito.

One more quick question though, When I get the phone, should I transfer my boost account to it BEFORE I flash the epic? or can I just flash it, call from the epic and transfer it all that way?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.