[MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods

Search This thread

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
I do not. However, in this case, it's already being worked on for MA7.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2036216

-viperboy- absolutely knows what he's doing and will get it all working.

Yeah, I know, I gave him the MA7 files to modify and tested it for him. :) I just thought I could give it a crack myself for ****s and giggles but I'll just wait for him to fix it.

So since I made my first mod, does this mean I'm an "XDA Developer" now? Just kidding. ;)

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Reminds me.

You can use the updater script to do things like DELETE unused garbage and push other files and such.

I take the rooted, stock rom and make me a zip installer with things like this, init.d files, deletes and other tweaks I like on my rom and end up with a 1 zip installer to precustomize everything.

Makes setup a breeze.

Again, this just shows why one should ALWAYS ALWAYS have a valid and updated NANDROID backup!!!!!!!! :cool:

Which also allows you to make mods odex friendly by automatically removing odex files when the apk's are replaced.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Compusmurf
If he does it to his own file it won't have the code changes so still won't display.

He could also d/l Digiblur's rom and just take the SystemUI.apk file too.

But.... One learns a lot more by doing it themselves and who knows, maybe he/she will find modding fun and be the next cool dev to come up with a cool rom!

Very true, but I'm not nearly as talented as some guys here when it comes to stuff like this..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Neither am I which is why I wrote step by step instructions for folks to try it on their own and learn something cool and new.

And while you're there, you can modify your icons and other statusbar items any way you want.

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6
I didn't know the no charge one before, thanks.
I was just talking to my buddy yesterday saying we wished there was a delete files with flashing. I will have to give that a try.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I now have a pseudo fix to get rid of the "eye" when you have smart stay and smart rotation on.

It's a workaround that won't take up much space.

find the icon in res\drawable-xhdpi
tw_indicator_smartstay_normal.png

edit the icon to erase the image.
then resize it to 1pixel by 1 pixel and it'll go away without taking up anything but 1 pixel of space....

Kludgey but working....

Reactions: journeyman73

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
I now have a pseudo fix to get rid of the "eye" when you have smart stay and smart rotation on.

It's a workaround that won't take up much space.

find the icon in res\drawable-xhdpi
tw_indicator_smartstay_normal.png

edit the icon to erase the image.
then resize it to 1pixel by 1 pixel and it'll go away without taking up anything but 1 pixel of space....

Kludgey but working....

I really love how you're sharing this knowledge. I wish others did this, too.

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
now for the fun part, since you're backed up and have a backup of the SystemUI.apk file....

To put the clock back, you'll want to replace MY file here with a copy from the original:

SystemUI/res/layout and find tw_status_bar.xml

or if you want to jack with the actual data...

Original line will look something like this

Change that entire line to this below:

That's the CLOCK stuff....

If all you're doing is changing the clock, after you've replaced my file recompile and go....

You are so awesome but you know that since I already told you in pm. So I invasive I'd I wanted to change the color of the Clock text I could change the text color value. . Pretty easy. . Loving your lesson.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

false

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.

Oh more good infornatio
How would I make it center? It says gravity left|center but the clock is on the right. . Do would I put left|right?

Last edited:

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You are so awesome but you know that since I already told you in pm. So If I wanted to change the color of the Clock text I could change the text color value. . Pretty easy. . Loving your lesson.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Oh more good infornatio
How would I make it center? It says gravity left|center but the clock is on the right. . Do would I put left|right?

Ha ha ha broke my status bar. . Good job Cheryl

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Ok so apparently my problem is with the signing of the apk. How can I fix this. . I tried copying the files from the original and putting them in the systemui directory but that didn't help. I thought since in was a System apk it didn't need signing but guess not. Prior I was only changing 1 or 2 files so I just copied the changed files over to the original apk but with this I am changing a lot of files. . Seems there should be a better way?

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
I believe you have to copy the meta inf folder to the build folder before you recompile.

Sent from my little Note2

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I believe you have to copy the meta inf folder to the build folder before you recompile.

Sent from my little Note2

This is very frustrating. . Either I install the Rom and nothing changes or I install it and I lose my status bar.

Wish I knew what was wrong.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb.. ok I was just being dumb. . Forgot to copy the resource and classes files duurrrr Man that was annoying ha ha ha. .

Last edited:

LuCkyCn

Aug 27, 2010
Thanks for the tips! I was trying to learn how to decompile and recompile system ui last night. I will try your tools tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] MA7 base, DEODEX, 1x/3g icon, no clock, no charged notice, 1% battery mods, themed in Smurfy blue with a few other themed icons.

You can use it as is, or you can rip it apart and replace the icons with whatever you prefer.

I removed the clock, converted it to 1% capable, removed the charge completed notice, and, obviously I like blue.

I rarely share my mods but the Note II area is pretty bare.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/Smurfy.zip

2013-02-20%2008.41.05.png

Standard disclaimer applies.... I can't guarantee my work won't "blow up" your Note II, always have a backup. Obviously it didn't blow mine up. :)
    You need to follow most of the steps in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37273338&postcount=13

However, the apktool package there is missing some parts.

So if you use my apktool package it should work:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9946170/APKtool.rar

Also, they say JRE/JDK. you really want the JDK only.

You should also put the c:\apktool folder in your system path.

That should get you to the point that you can compile and decompile your SystemUI.apk.

When modifying these, always take one from YOUR rom or one that's compatible.

And this is for DEODEX only.

When you get to the point that you can compile and decompile, then you need to know the things to change.

I'd suggest Notepad ++ as an editor and paint.net as an icon editor.

notepad: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Paint.net: http://www.getpaint.net/
    When you get that all working and setup and have decompiled and recompiled a systemui.apk successfully without making changes, let me know and I'll point you to the next step of goodies to play with.
    You might want to take this out of your update script

delete("/system/app/SecEmail.apk","/system/app/SecExchange.apk");
    The 1x/3G stuff is located in:

\res\values\bools.xml

<bool name="config_showMin3G">false</bool>

The default is TRUE, change it to false and that should fix that.