Rezound not talking to/recognized by any PC?

Search This thread

Shinare

May 18, 2008
I purchased a Rezound for my son off of ebay with no SIM. He just needs it for wi-fi usage, playing games and Mp3s. I wanted to start messing with it and downloaded the Rezound toolkit 3.1. I used it to install the HTC drivers.

When I plug the phone into the PC the phone recognizes that it is plugged in because the LED turns on and it starts charging. Sometimes it even asks me what type of connection I want to use.

However, and I've tried this on both my PC's, the PC just sits there like nothing was ever plugged in.

Could this be because it has no SIM? Could this be because I have installed drivers for other android devices on my PC's (I have two different tablets and 4 different kinds of phones)

Could this be a setting on the phone?

I have tried two different cables, the funky looking cable that came with the phone and my regular miniusb that goes in all my other devices (except for the transformer prime).

Its never picked up by the PC that anything was ever plugged in. My other devices come right up.

cslingerland

Jul 11, 2012
I purchased a Rezound for my son off of ebay with no SIM. He just needs it for wi-fi usage, playing games and Mp3s. I wanted to start messing with it and downloaded the Rezound toolkit 3.1. I used it to install the HTC drivers.

When I plug the phone into the PC the phone recognizes that it is plugged in because the LED turns on and it starts charging. Sometimes it even asks me what type of connection I want to use.

However, and I've tried this on both my PC's, the PC just sits there like nothing was ever plugged in.

Could this be because it has no SIM? Could this be because I have installed drivers for other android devices on my PC's (I have two different tablets and 4 different kinds of phones)

Could this be a setting on the phone?

I have tried two different cables, the funky looking cable that came with the phone and my regular miniusb that goes in all my other devices (except for the transformer prime).

Its never picked up by the PC that anything was ever plugged in. My other devices come right up.

Make sure you select disk drive when it comes up and asks what kind of connection you want. if you are on charge only, it wont do anything on the pc.

sokrboot

Aug 17, 2010
www.oldtimersclan.com
Let me guess, ur running Windows 8? If you completely uninstall the drivers and HTC Sync stuff then you *SHOULD* be able to reinstall in compatibility mode (choose Win7). People say this works...never worked for me.

My fix was to use my old laptop which runs Win XP.

Sent from my Rezound using xda app-developers app

Shinare

May 18, 2008
I'm sorry I should have said one computer is vista and the other is 7.

I have an old XP box I could set up again and try.I'll do that tonight but I'm not hopeful.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.

sokrboot

Aug 17, 2010
www.oldtimersclan.com
Worth a shot but it should work on either Vista or Win7 though.

+1

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I'm sorry I should have said one computer is vista and the other is 7.

I have an old XP box I could set up again and try.I'll do that tonight but I'm not hopeful.

Sent from my toilet (probably) using Tapatalk 2.

Check CNET for latest version of HTC Sync Manager and compare drivers to what u got from the all in one tool.

fuzzynco

Oct 29, 2008
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S9
HTC Sync's driver for ADB worked for Win 8.1 but not fastboot?

I can get adb recognized in normal and recovery --
adb.exe responds with the serial.

fastboot.exe doesn't see the phone?
Windows has an exclamation mark,
it seems to know something is there
just not sure what it is ;)?
Windows 8.1 says the driver is the most current.

Anyone have a win 8 compatible driver?

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I can get adb recognized in normal and recovery --
adb.exe responds with the serial.

fastboot.exe doesn't see the phone?
Windows has an exclamation mark,
it seems to know something is there
just not sure what it is ;)?
Windows 8.1 says the driver is the most current.

Anyone have a win 8 compatible driver?

Unfortunately there is no Win8 driver... You have to switch to Win7/XP or Linux, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fuzzynco

Oct 29, 2008
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S9
I setup a virtualbox win7 under win8

I tried installing the htc sync installer for its drivers, but win7 under win8
fails to recognize the device. Win7 reports a composite device driver
did not install correctly with ! over the device.

Where can I get a full set of win7 drivers for Rezound to support
normal, recovery and fastboot modes (in the VM)?

fuzzynco

Oct 29, 2008
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S9
Had to really install Win7 to get fastboot recognised

I installed Win7Pro on my laptop's second hdd and ran the HTC Sync
installer to get the drivers installed then canceled out of the actual install.

After that adb saw both the OS boot and the recovery boot
(got the serial numbers back from devices) and after
adb reboot bootloader, fastboot found the device.

it looks like win8 just doesn't have a drivers for the
rezound. I do have to bit fiddle with secure boot
and UEFI vs CSM modes between windows versions
but both work.

jrredho

Aug 25, 2012

I'm a non-expert, who's fought with Windows computers tooth and nail as they relate to device drivers for HTC phones. God I hate Windows!

My current Windows version is 8.1, and, after a mind-numbing search for relief on this drivers thing, I found this link, which suggests that there is now a "signature verification" thing you have to turn off to install custom drivers. I think the HTC drivers fall into that category.

What I did was first to execute the command line described in the link above, and then install HTC Sync. Next, I looked in my Uninstall Applications list for HTC-related stuff and saw HTC Sync along with some sort of automagical HTC driver install program. So I uninstalled HTC Sync, plugged in my Rezound, and, et voila, an HTC driver was installed! I am now able to see my phone's disks on my Win8.1 computer.

I was able to do an "adb devices" command and get a good response, but I confess that I DID NOT try "fastboot devices" in the appropriate bootloader mode.

tl;dr Windows combined with HTC devices sucks. There *might* be a way forward, but unless you desperately need Windows, use some form of Linux.

Good luck,
john

Reactions: acejavelin

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I'm a non-expert, who's fought with Windows computers tooth and nail as they relate to device drivers for HTC phones. God I hate Windows!

My current Windows version is 8.1, and, after a mind-numbing search for relief on this drivers thing, I found this link, which suggests that there is now a "signature verification" thing you have to turn off to install custom drivers. I think the HTC drivers fall into that category.

What I did was first to execute the command line described in the link above, and then install HTC Sync. Next, I looked in my Uninstall Applications list for HTC-related stuff and saw HTC Sync along with some sort of automagical HTC driver install program. So I uninstalled HTC Sync, plugged in my Rezound, and, et voila, an HTC driver was installed! I am now able to see my phone's disks on my Win8.1 computer.

I was able to do an "adb devices" command and get a good response, but I confess that I DID NOT try "fastboot devices" in the appropriate bootloader mode.

tl;dr Windows combined with HTC devices sucks. There *might* be a way forward, but unless you desperately need Windows, use some form of Linux.

Good luck,
john

all drivers for the rezound were made for windows 7 only....windows 8 is still very buggy and has quite a few incompatibilities with alot of things...not just mobile device drivers either...linux already has all drivers needed built right in to its OS so thats always a failsafe and free option...or just downgrade to windows 7 by disk install and bios setting change (which is required for linux as no OS but windows 8 really is the only os to use UEFI mode)

jrredho

Aug 25, 2012
all drivers for the rezound were made for windows 7 only....

Rev, you are the pro, so of course I'll take your word for that.

My experience is that I've had problems with the HTC drivers on Win 7 as well!

As for the installing Win 7, well, the disk part is the key; you'd have to own it or buy it to acquire the disk. I fail on both counts. I need a Windows computer for one several apps that simply aren't available on other OSes. One of those, Winamp, is what I use as an iTunes substitute; that app is why I need to mount my phone on a Windows system.

cheers,
john

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Rev, you are the pro, so of course I'll take your word for that.

My experience is that I've had problems with the HTC drivers on Win 7 as well!

As for the installing Win 7, well, the disk part is the key; you'd have to own it or buy it to acquire the disk. I fail on both counts. I need a Windows computer for one several apps that simply aren't available on other OSes. One of those, Winamp, is what I use as an iTunes substitute; that app is why I need to mount my phone on a Windows system.

cheers,
john

i own a pc company...and can do your whole computer 4 windows 7 for you cheaper than most....if you want you can download the iso straight from microsoft and buy the serial for it as well....Also it depends on what win 7 drivers you are trying to install

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck,
    john